Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

11 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

He's not world class but I wouldn't say he's an average Premier League player, either. He's somewhere in the middle, really. 

On here just over a year ago , he was world class and worth 100 million. There were few dissenters as I remember. Now they are doing it to Fofana. With a longer contract Youri is a 50 million player , he has never been worth more than that. He is a very fine, intelligent player but de Brunye he is not.

4 minutes ago, Dames said:

He'll get a free transfer to a bigger club and spend the best part of a year or so on the bench before either being loaned back to us or West Ham/Everton/Villa.

I think he just needs to experience it first and get humbled before he realises his level.

id be surprised if he goes anywhere  that doesn’t have  regular first team football nailed on. So I actually think he’ll have to move from England to get that.  I could see him in Germany or France.  I could see him thriving in Italy too. I think he’ll get the champions league football he wants but it will be on a lesser wage or comparative at best and it won’t be for the size of the club he originally had his mind set on.

but he seems fairly level headed and I think he will go for what’s important- regular first team football. This won’t we his last chance of a ‘ dream move’.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MPH said:

id be surprised if he goes anywhere  that doesn’t have  regular first team football nailed on. So I actually think he’ll have to move from England to get that.  I could see him in Germany or France.  I could see him thriving in Italy too. I think he’ll get the champions league football he wants but it will be on a lesser wage or comparative at best and it won’t be for the size of the club he originally had his mind set on.

but he seems fairly level headed and I think he will go for what’s important- regular first team football. This won’t we his last chance of a ‘ dream move’.

I keep picturing him in a Juve shirt and I have no idea why. Spain would be ideal for him, Italy has actually become a bit of a faster and entertaining league in recent years.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm pretty sure Arsenal never wanted him but his agent was telling everyone they did. 

And the media (exclusively London oriented - unless it's a Liverpool or Mancs banner leader) have run and run with it. It's the biggest non-story since Lord Lucan alive and kicking somewhere in the South Seas.

17 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

On here just over a year ago , he was world class and worth 100 million. There were few dissenters as I remember. Now they are doing it to Fofana. With a longer contract Youri is a 50 million player , he has never been worth more than that. He is a very fine, intelligent player but de Brunye he is not.

And the difference between them is one shows commitment and the other is diffident.

As for the comparison with de Bruyne - van Dijk would be a more appropriate one.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/08/16/journalist-says-two-sources-have-told-him-arsenal-are-planning-late-bid-for-25-year-old/

If Arsenal did come in late, (which I think even Rodgers and nearly everyone at the club is expecting to happen) then why the hell are we not getting in his replacement now?!

Hossem Aouar is literally begging for someone other than Notts Forest to come in for him with an offer, if reports are to be believed.

12 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/08/16/journalist-says-two-sources-have-told-him-arsenal-are-planning-late-bid-for-25-year-old/

If Arsenal did come in late, (which I think even Rodgers and nearly everyone at the club is expecting to happen) then why the hell are we not getting in his replacement now?!

Hossem Aouar is literally begging for someone other than Notts Forest to come in for him with an offer, if reports are to be believed.

Because if we sign a replacement now, arsenal will know we have no choice but to sell and will low ball us even further 

this way we bluff them out saying ‘pay the fee or we keep him’ 

high risk strategy and you’ll only know if it worked come sept 1st 

btw, it’s feasible we’ve decided not to replace him if he leaves 

Edited by st albans fox

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Because if we sign a replacement now, arsenal will know we have no choice but to sell and will low ball us even further 

this way we bluff them out saying ‘pay the fee or we keep him’ 

high risk strategy and you’ll only know if it worked come sept 1st 

btw, it’s feasible we’ve decided not to replace him if he leaves 

I get all that. I think your last line is the most likely outcome. I disagree with this outcome, and I think he needs replacing.

If he leaves late on and we don't replace him, this will be viewed by the vast majority as a massive failing.

Also, Arsenal kinda know already that we have no choice but to sell, for a reasonable offer.

Edited by FoxinNotts

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

Tielemans will look great if he did sign for one of the best teams, but would probably miss out on the biggest games. He'd be happy signing for a Bayern Munich for example and play here and there and pick up some trophies. 

...he wants to feature in all the games,, he will not be happy with any kind of rotation!!!

It is where he will become stuck, as no-one  except us or a lesser team, are prepared to offer him that position.

I’m sure everyone knows this…

But  every first team player we have, the scouting network starts drawing up a list of potential replacements and then if there is any hint of a player leaving or when they enter the last two years of their contract, the scouting gets serious very quickly. Now that doesn’t mean the ones we want will join us as there are many variables involved. But I can promise you, we are  seriously looking at 4-5 replacements for Youri and Enquiries about them as we speak..

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’m sure everyone knows this…

But  every first team player we have, the scouting network starts drawing up a list of potential replacements and then if there is any hint of a player leaving or when they enter the last two years of their contract, the scouting gets serious very quickly. Now that doesn’t mean the ones we want will join us as there are many variables involved. But I can promise you, we are  seriously looking at 4-5 replacements for Youri and Enquiries about them as we speak..

My best guess is Soumare was supposed to be Youri's replacement . A season to bed in and there you go. If you believe scouting networks know what they are doing , look at Man.Utd. or in fact us.

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

The fact is we have 6 CM already, KDH, Maddison, Soumare, Praet, Mendy and Ndidi. 

If we buy a new one and Youri's move doesn't work out, we would have 8.

Even with BR crazy tactics of playing 4 at a time, we would still have 4 spare

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

My best guess is Soumare was supposed to be Youri's replacement . A season to bed in and there you go. If you believe scouting networks know what they are doing , look at Man.Utd. or in fact us.

nothin is 100% certain of course. 

I’m starting to think I wouldn’t mind if he left this window.

Im a bit bored of watching him sulk around midfield and play one good pass for every five poor passes.

If it takes him going to get our window moving, then let’s do it.

£40m to Arsenal - done

58 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

this was discussed last summer but didn't make sense unless we were going to change our way of playing 

Youri must be a bit disappointed. Lots of (rich) (big) teams need a ball playing cm.

available for 20-30m.

still young and no firms offers. 
May go free next year but not exactly showing that the really want him.

I think he will be panic brought on deadline day 

Edited by Cincinnati Fox

Rabiot to Utd off now due to his crazy wage demands. Can’t believe they’ve not looked at Youri yet, at only £20/25m would surely walk into their team ahead of McFred. 

Edit to add that Youri would also surely not have such extortionate wage demands

Edited by Foxes96

20 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Rabiot to Utd off now due to his crazy wage demands. Can’t believe they’ve not looked at Youri yet, at only £20/25m would surely walk into their team ahead of McFred. 

Edit to add that Youri would also surely not have such extortionate wage demands

I thought this would happen

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Can't believe it hasn't happened. It's such an obvious transfer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought this would happen

2 minutes ago, Adster said:

Can't believe it hasn't happened. It's such an obvious transfer. 

Only thing I can think of is his lack of physicality. He’s more of a DVB/ Fred type rather than a more physical player, perhaps why they looked at FDJ and Milenkovic-savic first. That said he’s still better than anything they have currently. 

Selfishly we could hopefully extract a decent fee from Utd still, given their current predicament. 

• Like 1