Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

9 hours ago, MPH said:

I’m sure everyone knows this…

But  every first team player we have, the scouting network starts drawing up a list of potential replacements and then if there is any hint of a player leaving or when they enter the last two years of their contract, the scouting gets serious very quickly. Now that doesn’t mean the ones we want will join us as there are many variables involved. But I can promise you, we are  seriously looking at 4-5 replacements for Youri and Enquiries about them as we speak..

All seems pointless if we need to get 3 out the door before we can sign one.

12 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It’s the polar opposite of pointless, we have to ready and be dynamic for exactly this type of situation when people leave close to the window closing

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

no offense, chap but this is a perfect explanation as to why they are billionaires and most fans are not.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Youri must be a bit disappointed. Lots of (rich) (big) teams need a ball playing cm.

available for 20-30m.

still young and no firms offers. 
May go free next year but not exactly showing that the really want him.

I think he will be panic brought on deadline day 

Perhaps it's because he's so bloody slow!!..

Cannot remember the last decent game he had for us!!

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

no offense, chap but this is a perfect explanation as to why they are billionaires and most fans are not.

Totally, amassing a thousand million is quite hard.

Anyway I think we've had deals lined up all summer but just haven't been able to get bodies out of the door yet.

• Like 1

It doesn't seem that anyone wants him even for 25m and if a top team isn't willing to pay 25m for a player then he is just going to be on the bench. He may want a move to a bigger club but it looks like it will end up the same as it did at Monaco at this rate with him going somewhere and then wanting to leave because he likes to play every week. Even if teams are waiting until the end of the window it's still like he's an afterthought when their other more preferred options have fallen through or that they have prioritized signing other players over him which again doesn't bode well for being a starter. I don't buy into the they are just waiting to pick him up on a free next year thinking. As a free agent there will be lots of interest as he's a great squad player at least for anyone on a free so for the sake of 25m why not just sign him now when they are in a market of 1? It won't be a free exactly anyway as he will want a big signing on fee which seems the whole point of running down a contract so it's still going to cost whoever does get him quite a lot there. 

13 hours ago, MPH said:

I’m sure everyone knows this…

But  every first team player we have, the scouting network starts drawing up a list of potential replacements and then if there is any hint of a player leaving or when they enter the last two years of their contract, the scouting gets serious very quickly. Now that doesn’t mean the ones we want will join us as there are many variables involved. But I can promise you, we are  seriously looking at 4-5 replacements for Youri and Enquiries about them as we speak..

Why only looking, Tielemens has been gone (in the head) for a while.

Finances again?

1 hour ago, desertfox2 said:

It doesn't seem that anyone wants him even for 25m and if a top team isn't willing to pay 25m for a player then he is just going to be on the bench. He may want a move to a bigger club but it looks like it will end up the same as it did at Monaco at this rate with him going somewhere and then wanting to leave because he likes to play every week. Even if teams are waiting until the end of the window it's still like he's an afterthought when their other more preferred options have fallen through or that they have prioritized signing other players over him which again doesn't bode well for being a starter. I don't buy into the they are just waiting to pick him up on a free next year thinking. As a free agent there will be lots of interest as he's a great squad player at least for anyone on a free so for the sake of 25m why not just sign him now when they are in a market of 1? It won't be a free exactly anyway as he will want a big signing on fee which seems the whole point of running down a contract so it's still going to cost whoever does get him quite a lot there. 

....the signing on fee will be nowhere near the potential £20-25M!!!

As a standard transaction:

Transfer Fee                  £20m

Salary £4m x 5 years = £20m

._________

£40m

Free Transfer setup:

Transfer Fee:                 £0m

Signing on fee:              £5m

Salary £4m x 5 years=  £20m

---------------

£25m

It goes to show, that nearly doubling his salary would end up being the same as with a transfer team. The signing-on fee is obviously unknown, but you can see the benefit to the player for running his contract down. At £150k a week he would be on £7.2m (times the term of the contract), roughly equal to the cost of a standard contract.. The buying club will pay more, but it can still cost them less.

40 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Why only looking, Tielemens has been gone (in the head) for a while.

Finances again?

Most likely. I highly doubt we’d get his replacement in before him leaving, knowing what we now know of course.

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the signing on fee will be nowhere near the potential £20-25M!!!

As a standard transaction:

Transfer Fee                  £20m

Salary £4m x 5 years = £20m

._________

£40m

Free Transfer setup:

Transfer Fee:                 £0m

Signing on fee:              £5m

Salary £4m x 5 years=  £20m

---------------

£25m

It goes to show, that nearly doubling his salary would end up being the same as with a transfer team. The signing-on fee is obviously unknown, but you can see the benefit to the player for running his contract down. At £150k a week he would be on £7.2m (times the term of the contract), roughly equal to the cost of a standard contract.. The buying club will pay more, but it can still cost them less.

If his priority is money, surely we could offer him a 3 year contract on 160k or 170k a week. Would still be cheaper than buying and paying for a replacement anywhere near his level. 

I suspect he wants European football which is why this is not possible. And I suspect that we don't want to upset the apple cart by paying him so highly. We could and should look at similar for Maddison. It's cheaper than outlaying the cost of replacing key players.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, richard123 said:

If his priority is money, surely we could offer him a 3 year contract on 160k or 170k a week. Would still be cheaper than buying and paying for a replacement anywhere near his level. 

I suspect he wants European football which is why this is not possible. And I suspect that we don't want to upset the apple cart by paying him so highly. We could and should look at similar for Maddison. It's cheaper than outlaying the cost of replacing key players.

My concern with that is Maddison’s hip issue. I’d be comfortable with that for Youri though. 

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

We look pretty rubbish, but I still expect us to finish above United based on recent evidence. They are a basket case of a club, no sane player would go until they sort out the mess. 

...an opportunist would!!!

Get the 5 year contract and irrespective of what happens down the line, he makes a killing. 

11 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s the polar opposite of pointless, we have to ready and be dynamic for exactly this type of situation when people leave close to the window closing

Can I double like this?

Businesses spend a fair bit on planning, contingency planning and planning that sometimes comes to nothing - all so they know what to do 'if and when'. Luck and winging it are not really part of the process. I'm not exactly sure how that explains Vestergaard but it might just be the exception that proves the rule! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

He said absolutely nothing wrong, the referess are terrible in this country & there is no accountability.

Him slagging off Mike Dean was one of my favourite parts of his tenure tbh

I think I love him even more after watching that.

• Like 2

Real Madrid are monitoring the situation of Youri Tielemans.

Why? They already have him on a free next summer. You mark my words. You'll see. In Jan when it's announced. ;)

Edited by taupe

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

He said absolutely nothing wrong, the referess are terrible in this country & there is no accountability.

Him slagging off Mike Dean was one of my favourite parts of his tenure tbh

Love the guy

• Like 3