Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

8 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

lol Love Pearson. what a bloke.

He’d sort UTD right out. Rebuild from the ground up. Butt everyone who thinks they might have a moan. Put together an actual team. Perfect man for the job really. Shame UTD are too stoopid to realise. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

He’d sort UTD right out. Rebuild from the ground up. Butt everyone who thinks they might have a moan. Put together an actual team. Perfect man for the job really. Shame UTD are too stoopid to realise. 

Just like he doing at Bristol City?

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Reckon they're getting their info mixed up with Maddison.

Not sure. Think a lot of the contracts we've signed have options.

Amartey and Hamza were two and its widely reported that Maddison was another. 

Just not sure what the conditions of the extension are....eg- release clause.

19 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I could see Real picking him up for £10-15m as a rotational player with their ageing midfield. He'd do well.

Camavinga, Tchoumeni and Valverde are the future of that midfield and they’ve got Modric, Kroos and Casemiro right now. Youri would be like CM7 for them…wow.

10 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Not sure. Think a lot of the contracts we've signed have options.

Amartey and Hamza were two and its widely reported that Maddison was another. 

Just not sure what the conditions of the extension are....eg- release clause.

It’s believable, maybe the club have said they will let him go if an acceptable offer comes in but if the window closes and he’s still here then we will activate the extension to protect the club. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

It’s believable, maybe the club have said they will let him go if an acceptable offer comes in but if the window closes and he’s still here then we will activate the extension to protect the club. 

All manner of stuff could, in theory, go into a contract. So long as it's legal (you can't contract out of the law, as they say) and both parties agree then sure. I myself can't kinda see this one though. It'd be a curious clause (though perhaps no more curious than others I could imagine) and I couldn't see Youri going for it unless he had been very sure of another offer coming in. Let's put it this way, I don't think I'd commit myself on the back of an uncertainty like that.

there were some discrepancies on the fee over the past few weeks

some arsenal stuff last week reckoned we wanted £45m which couldn’t possibly be right - but if we have the option to extend before a deal is done then maybe it could be.  Percy had reported months ago that we were looking for 25, possibly 30m. 

But he must have stuff written into any extension that protects him so who knows ……

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, st albans fox said:

there were some discrepancies on the fee over the past few weeks

some arsenal stuff last week reckoned we wanted £45m which couldn’t possibly be right - but if we have the option to extend before a deal is done then maybe it could be.  Percy had reported months ago that we were looking for 25, possibly 30m. 

But he must have stuff written into any extension that protects him so who knows ……

I've heard it was far higher than 25m and also that youris demands are huge too.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I've heard it was far higher than 25m and also that youris demands are huge too.

Which then backs up what we’ve heard recently from both arsenal and West Ham sources. 

we couldn’t possibly be asking for a far higher fee if he only has a standard year left …..

and it brings percy’s accuracy into question 

Edited by st albans fox

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Maybe there is something to this timed extension then.

If we knew all along we could add a year to his contract if we kept hold of him until the window closed, it would at least make some sense to ask for a high price and get another year out of Youri.

That said, it would leave us in the same position next year and with a player on the books for another year who we know wants to leave.

19 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Maybe there is something to this timed extension then.

If we knew all along we could add a year to his contract if we kept hold of him until the window closed, it would at least make some sense to ask for a high price and get another year out of Youri.

That said, it would leave us in the same position next year and with a player on the books for another year who we know wants to leave.

Agreed, however if we’re going to sell him for £25m or keep him for two years (works out costing 12.5m a season in lost sales) then I’d keep him because £12.5m a season gets you a Danny Ward nowadays. 

5 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I think he will... Atleast until after the WC.

The World Cup (and it's timing) this year should make quite a big difference. Both Tielemans and Fofana will know (and we have to accept) that they have a better chance of playing in it if they are with one of the traditional big teams. If they want the deals to happen, you'd think they should be able to exert pressure on the buying clubs and/or reduce their demands to make a deal happen. But if Arsenal/Chelsea don't make the right bids, it's not at all in the players' interests to down tools - particularly for Youri who might otherwise just wind down his final 12 months. They should be giving absolutely everything for us to get that World Cup spot and then we can all re-evaluate in January. If they perform for us and have a decent tournament, we could cash in at a higher price when they'd probably have a better pick of teams.

It perhaps explains why we are holding out (apparently against what both players want and risking them becoming unhappy) when a sale of one or both for, say, a combined £90m would otherwise have gone a decent way towards kicking off a rebuild.

Its interesting that a player which we consider to be so great is not seem as good elsewhere. Man United are desperate for players. Liverpool could do with a midfielder due to an injury crisis. Arsenal are building a decent team and a number 8 could further enhance them.

Not one is willing to take a cut price Youri. I mean, especially in case of Liverpool, waiting around to save a million or two doesnt come into it if the player improves your squad. Perhaps his shortcomings really do hold him back. 

1 hour ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Agreed, however if we’re going to sell him for £25m or keep him for two years (works out costing 12.5m a season in lost sales) then I’d keep him because £12.5m a season gets you a Danny Ward nowadays. 

if we could sell ward for 12.5 million it would be great

• Haha 1