Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He tried to but was done for pace

Are the rumours true that we have an option for a further year? If so maybe he's more unfocused because it bodes even worse for him mentally?

5 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Are the rumours true that we have an option for a further year? If so maybe he's more unfocused because it bodes even worse for him mentally?

It's not been confirmed yet, but if we are asking for £50m then it would suggest so, otherwise we are off our pickle.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2022 at 00:10, Mehrez said:

Fully expect a bid at about 9pm on deadline day when we have no time to spend the money 

It is of course possible but I personally don't see it. I reckon chances are that he'll be off on a free next summer, unless something happens in the Jan window. Clubs are often on the look out for players pronto in Jan because of injuries, league position etc. 

Who knows, maybe we can sign him next summer on reduced wages ;)

6 minutes ago, taupe said:

Sorry, "slash" it to £38m? I didn't we wanted as much as that in the first place.

I think in general, not just in this transfer rumour, the figures banded around tend to be rather wild. Overall, if something comes from Ornstein regarding this transfer rumour, I'd be inclined to believe it. He tends to be accurate on things Arsenal. I still have no clue if we are even interested in Tielemans....

29 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Sky sports gossip claiming we’d  take ‘just’ £38m now. Wow. I’d bite their hand off at that price. 😂

Ben Jacobs repeated this on the football terrace transfer show earlier today, so knew it was bollocks then. He reckons we've been holding out for 50 mill.  

• Haha 1

Several clubs interested but they are just waiting for the end of the window to get closer knowing it will drive his price down ..  as in any situation like this I just don't know why we don't set our own timescale on when we stop accepting bids for him ..  after that they can all do one.

FT sources are saying Ben Jacobs talks out of his behind   FT are however awaiting confirmation from @FabrizioRomano to see if this is factual.  Here we go.

Edited by mozartfox

9 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Several clubs interested but they are just waiting for the end of the window to get closer knowing it will drive his price down ..  as in any situation like this I just don't know why we don't set our own timescale on when we stop accepting bids for him ..  after that they can all do one.

Why pay money for a player who comes free in 12 months or for a very modest fee in January. I think he might take his time and see. Rodgers still trusts him ,any new manager will consider him a key player. He still has the option of signing an extended contract. He is looking cool about it and I can see why.

22 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Why pay money for a player who comes free in 12 months or for a very modest fee in January. I think he might take his time and see. Rodgers still trusts him ,any new manager will consider him a key player. He still has the option of signing an extended contract. He is looking cool about it and I can see why.

Because he might not be ready to sign specifally for you…

This works both ways,something fans & pundits forget…

A player might deem certain clubs tactics or noise made,is not where he wants to be…where another 2-4 approaches might seem preferable and in the world of football, better handled & presented..

I will say thus far Tielemans has been upfront & honest to club & fans,even hinted

he and family are happy to stay.

look this guy has hit a period of indifferent form,but the team,the other 10 wasn’t also performing, & supporting “ his” game.

Far too many braggarts & loudmouths on this forum,who could learn from

Tielemans how you handle a relationship & contract,when rightly Where indescision & fairly using his full term rights is an issue & option.

He has kept honest in his information,inwards to club & his public domain to fans..

Many grass-eating fans want to belittle ,sour or demean the issue,because they

believe they have the right to have & know of an end solution…and think they have a right to judge on non-action. Which proves their lack of competence when judging character & contract..

• Like 1

On 24/08/2022 at 10:09, Ric Flair said:

It's not been confirmed yet, but if we are asking for £50m then it would suggest so, otherwise we are off our pickle.

...or the journalist is wrong...!!!

£50m, we would be insane to ask for that amount, he is never worth it, no one would be that insane to offer that amount.