Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Anyone saying we are hard up clearly doesn't have a clue. We have hundreds of millions to spend on a major redevelopment of the east stand and the surrounding area (hotel, car park, arena etc) and have turned down bids for Fofana, Maddison and Soumare that we know of. We might have one too many cloggers we want to flog and we might be being tight due to off the field plans and last season's spending debacle, but we are hardly maxing out our credit cards.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He has 1 year left on his contract! That reduces value. 

Not if he had been the star of the moment...Don't forget , within only a few months,because of his indifferent show of form,his star has lost its & his twinkle. If he had stayed THE MAN,

less months on his contract wouldn't of made any difference...They would be clammering at the gates...

This could be good for us...finding & keeping such talent,we have always found it impossible...Maybe he rekindles his form after  window closes we have a gem for another 1-2 seasons. Maybe a gem where big clubs,don't want to take that gamble.

He resigns for us & decides to stay...

KDH/Tielemans  future discussions who will be the next club captain..??

All speculation, but I see a win win situation for us...

6 hours ago, AKCJ said:

This cultural phenomenon of throwing as many shit transfer rumours around as you can, hoping some of it sticks and that people notice you all for the satisfaction (?) of being referred to as "ITK" is beyond ****ing weird.

Cannot stand the transfer window for this very reason. Some of them act as though it's the biggest thing in football.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Not if he had been the star of the moment...Don't forget , within only a few months,because of his indifferent show of form,his star has lost its & his twinkle. If he had stayed THE MAN,

less months on his contract wouldn't of made any difference...They would be clammering at the gates...

This could be good for us...finding & keeping such talent,we have always found it impossible...Maybe he rekindles his form after  window closes we have a gem for another 1-2 seasons. Maybe a gem where big clubs,don't want to take that gamble.

He resigns for us & decides to stay...

KDH/Tielemans  future discussions who will be the next club captain..??

All speculation, but I see a win win situation for us...

No my friend. With every month that passes Youri is young enough for a buying club to wait. That reduces the fee. Realistically, even if he was the star man, we wouldn’t get his actual worth in the market - he’s young enough for someone to wait for him. Hence, the fee reduces.

10 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

No idea. I suspect he can wait on making that decision. 

I'm just making a differentiation here between YT and WF. YT has been very professional.

I suppose it helps that no one has come in for YT, he can’t exactly moan if that’s the case.

Just now, LFox99 said:

They're looking for a #8 who can potentially play as #6 as well

Surely with Nunes now at Wolves, Youri has to be on their list

Given that they don’t like spending big fees and they’ve spent a wedge already this window, I reckon YT late on for £25m is a pretty good shout 

No wonder Youri's head is in the shed. Has tried to remain focussed and largely done so until lately, but for the last 6-9 months Arsenal have been giving it all the he is ours and seem to have chucked him over. Hope Liverpool take him and serve Arsenal right. Is a good lad, won us an FA Cup, will wish him all the best.

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure, but it would be interesting to see!!

For 25 million, very interesting.  As insufferable as he is, though, I think Jurgen is too smart not to realize it would never work.

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Personally don't think he's athletic enough for Liverpool. I'd be surprised if they thought he was the right fit. 

Lei vs Liv at KP last year. Klopp was lurking near our changing room. Welcomed Youri like a favourite nephew. Can see them putting in a late low offer….

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

The arses have really messed youri around

cant believe it so unprofessional 

Another club using the media for tapping up. It’s so obvious. Chelsea are the worst and I’m surprised we haven’t put a complaint in!

Ah well doesn’t apply to the “top” clubs. 

Edited by fox_favourite

He was magic today.

Still wishing the window comes and goes and hes still here, gets his head down and signs an extension.

Maybe just me being hopeful but we are a much better team with Tielemans in there when his head is totally in it.

Whatever happens hes been a class act for us and I just hope thats not the last we see of him.

• Like 3

Guest Col city fan
21 hours ago, mohammedsaqib said:

He’s be excellent at the Thiago role, with Fabinho sitting and some legs around him 

Exactly

Thiago is anything but ‘athletic’ 

Just now, themightyfin said:

He was magic today.

Still wishing the window comes and goes and hes still here, gets his head down and signs an extension.

Maybe just me being hopeful but we are a much better team with Tielemans in there when his head is totally in it.

Whatever happens hes been a class act for us and I just hope thats not the last we see of him.

He was very good, as he was for the first hour vs Brentford. I am gutted to think this is his last season and reluctantly ought to be his last week here if we harbour getting anything for him. The only way he stays here is we qualify for Europe this season which looks nigh on impossible right now.

• Like 2

The biggest reason we are going to lose Youri is that we fluffed Champions League, twice. He knows he is good enough to be playing there and no longer believes we can offer that to him, and he is right at that. 

We seem to be going backwards under Rodgers now for maybe 12 months.

For a guy who is lauded for coaching skills, he seems desperate just to buy the quality rather than develop what he has, and we just do not have that sort of money.