Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He was very good, as he was for the first hour vs Brentford. I am gutted to think this is his last season and reluctantly ought to be his last week here if we harbour getting anything for him. The only way he stays here is we qualify for Europe this season which looks nigh on impossible right now.

Reluctantly I'd keep and let him leave on a free. 

It going to be difficult enough getting a new CB and RW in before the close of the window, let alone a quality CM. 

My biggest worry is Youri goes late and we end up with Soumare and Praet acting as his replacements. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He was very good, as he was for the first hour vs Brentford. I am gutted to think this is his last season and reluctantly ought to be his last week here if we harbour getting anything for him. The only way he stays here is we qualify for Europe this season which looks nigh on impossible right now.

...you give up too easily Ric!!!

With a new manager,  everything changes, we go on the front foot and the players are no longer inhibited by a formation and style that stops them giving their best.

Top 6 this season.

• Haha 1

He’s been brilliant for us. I hope somehow he’s still here in a weeks time and is convinced to sign some sort of extension just to give himself some sort of insurance for if he picks up an injury etc. maybe another year with a lowish mark where we have to sell him if a club offers us that money. Suits us In that we get something and suits Yuri in that he gets a bit of insurance. 

Edited by OrielCaziado

5 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

He’s been brilliant for us. I hope somehow he’s still here in a weeks time and is convinced to sign some sort of extension just to give himself some sort of insurance for if he picks up an injury etc. maybe another year with a lowish mark where we have to sell him if a club offers us that money. Suits us In that we get something and suits Yuri in that he gets a bit of insurance. 

...not sure about this insurance thing!!!

If he picked up a bad injury next game then the club's insurance would cover it, allowing him to have his surgery and recuperate.  If he had an injury 20 games further down the line, then the same thing would happen. Should he have an injury in the last game of the season, then the club's insurance will cover it.

Should he have an injury after his contract has expired and he is at  his new club, then their insurance will cover it.

If he had an injury whilst out of contract by rupturing his ACL,  (whilst walking his dog) then his personal insurance will cover it, providing he had not as yet taken up a new contract, at a new club. Depending on the terms of his personal contract, he maybe missing out on an agreed payment that would been made by the club, as against the personal insurance payment that he would have agreed.

21 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you give up too easily Ric!!!

With a new manager,  everything changes, we go on the front foot and the players are no longer inhibited by a formation and style that stops them giving their best.

Top 6 this season.

Half the teams with this amount of points after 4 games have got relegated. Top 6… you must be joking?

2 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Reports suggesting we are holding out for 35-40 today. I just can’t see it. Surely we would be expect not more than 30 at this stage??

With Turin now threatening to offer us a decent deal for Praet, can we afford to let both go??

9 minutes ago, ronnup said:

I'd say he's been one of our better players consistently the entire time he's been here 

Really disagree with that. He was one of our best players on loan in the 2nd half of 18/19 and our best player in 20/21. He wasn't one of our better players in 19/20 or 21/22 though and often looked really underwhelming in those seasons. Think he's made a better start to this season though, or at least played well vs Brentford and Chelsea. But he's always been a very streaky player for us, he can go on long runs where he looks amazing and long runs where he looks poor.

I think overall he's been a very good player for us, but I definitely wouldn't call him consistently good the entire time he's been here.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Can see Arsenal offering 20-25 million with addons for Tielemans on deadline day. No doubt Rudkin will reject it and we'll be left with a player who doesn't want to be here, isn't performing to a high enough standard and can leave for free next summer.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Can see Arsenal offering 20-25 million with addons for Tielemans on deadline day. No doubt Rudkin will reject it and we'll be left with a player who doesn't want to be here, isn't performing to a high enough standard and can leave for free next summer.

It ain't up to Ruskin to reject it is it? The order will come from above. I honestly believe if we keep Praet and Soumare then get money for him, he's not going to sign a new deal it's been on the table over a year, let him go and get some kind of fee for him. Play Wilf, KDH and Madders with Praet Soumare and Brunt etc in reserve and maybe pick up a loan or Harit or Barkley.

3 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

It ain't up to Ruskin to reject it is it? The order will come from above. I honestly believe if we keep Praet and Soumare then get money for him, he's not going to sign a new deal it's been on the table over a year, let him go and get some kind of fee for him. Play Wilf, KDH and Madders with Praet Soumare and Brunt etc in reserve and maybe pick up a loan or Harit or Barkley.

Why would Youri give up a big signing on fee for our benefit? He would be down millions.

18 minutes ago, Dames said:

in spite of all that (worryingly) he's still our best performing central midfielder and will weaken us further if he goes. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Tielemans is not a holding midfielder like elneny and partey 

he lacks the discipline to hold the space 

if arsenal buy him thinking he can do that then they will be disappointed in that respect 

Absolutely, I think overall Tielemens actually weakens the Arsenal starting 11.

19 minutes ago, turlo said:

in spite of all that (worryingly) he's still our best performing central midfielder and will weaken us further if he goes. 

....he has picked up his game for a bit, but still, has the unbelievable ability to foul up!!!

A very very close offside (given by VAR)  saved him from conceding another penalty. He seems to play when he knows he has to, and we should be holding him to these levels, as opposed to him now and again being able to thread a good ball and keeping him in the team.

Great when he came to us on loan, and his levels plateaued for most of the time he has since been here..