Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

2 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

£25m gets Sarr from Watford… would be silly to reject something near that amount for Youri.

Then again, we probably wouldn’t spend it wisely, so potentially would be better off keeping him.

How long has Sarr got left on his contract?

8 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

A quick google search tells me 2 years!

Then i don't think you can compare to Youri situation.  I think if this bid is real, get rid. Love the guy but i don't want him running his contract down.

14 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Newcastle will be pushing for that 'best of the rest' this season. We are nuts if we don't think that Newcastle's trajectory isn't exciting for players, compared to fighting for scraps via Rodgers ball. Not europe this season, very likely candidates for Europa next season.

But we were told he wanted CL football 

competing for the Europa conference league spot doesn’t fit that agenda 

11 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Then i don't think you can compare to Youri situation.  I think if this bid is real, get rid. Love the guy but i don't want him running his contract down.

But if he ran his contract down and helped us to avoid relegation in the process, would you take that?

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But we were told he wanted CL football 

competing for the Europa conference league spot doesn’t fit that agenda 

Wants CL football, but could still be enthused about qualifying for Europe this season. Everything is relative. I presume he just doesn't want to be playing Rodgers ball at the bottom of the league anymore, with no prospect of qualifying for Europe at all. 

Would you?

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Did we end up paying £30 million to get him here?

Yeah, around that.

I've always thought he's inconsistent but he's worth more than the quoted £20m. Obviously contract plays a part in that.

I'll be disappointed if it is Newcastle.

In the worst case scenario, he could be the difference in us staying up or going down, and if we go down how much will that cost us. I suppose it partly depends on if we can bring in a decent replacement  and how confident we are on having no concerns of going down in any case.  Personally I'd rather not leave that to chance, and think we have a better chance if he stays for the season, even though that means we will get nothing for him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Wants CL football, but could still be enthused about qualifying for Europe this season. Everything is relative. I presume he just doesn't want to be playing Rodgers ball at the bottom of the league anymore, with no prospect of qualifying for Europe at all. 

Would you?

I’d put up with it if next summer I could pocket a £20m s/o fee and a weekly wage of £175k 

18 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

In the worst case scenario, he could be the difference in us staying up or going down, and if we go down how much will that cost us. I suppose it partly depends on if we can bring in a decent replacement  and how confident we are on having no concerns of going down in any case.  Personally I'd rather not leave that to chance, and think we have a better chance if he stays for the season, even though that means we will get nothing for him.

Yeah, I'd rather get rid for nothing and improve our chances of staying up.

• Like 1

Given their start I'm surprised Arsenal aren't capitalising on him being available for probably somewhere around £30m. Would cement what has been a really good summer for them and they'd get his peak years. Also means we'd get some cash to spend on other areas. Seems to work for all parties so is bizarre that it hasn't happened.

Have people lost the plot? He can leave in 9months for nothing or 20odd million now that good for us. He’s done nothing in the last 30 games and he doesn’t want to be here. Praet will happily stay if he’s playing. We can live without Youri for 9 months till a replacement comes in.

• Like 1