Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

8 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Have people lost the plot? He can leave in 9months for nothing or 20odd million now that good for us. He’s done nothing in the last 30 games and he doesn’t want to be here. Praet will happily stay if he’s playing. We can live without Youri for 9 months till a replacement comes in.

I agree he will walk for sure and he has been pretty pedestrian for a while now, the problem is who replaces him?

10 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Still think he will go.  His salary expectations will be lower on deadline day, and someone will pick him up for a bargain 20mil.

...I can't see why that should be the case, he has not engineered this situation to get paid less!!!

The only way that would help in getting another club would be that all and sundry would come in for him, he wants to move to a club better than he perceives us to be, and he is not looking to go backward at this time in his career.

Odds are exactly 0 that he goes to Newcastle. 

He's not particularly driven by money is he, there's no incentive at all for him to go there. He wants European football. 

If he was considering Newcastle he'd just stay here. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Praet for now.

And surely this is how Soumare also steps up? And with a RW you can bring Madders more central?

Edited by Chelmofox
i've forgotten how to type

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

With any luck Praet goes too just so foxestalk stop fvcking calling for him to play every two minutes. 

He's not good enough, get over it. 

Moreover he doesn't even play in the same way, he's the polar opposite to Tielemans in style and is absolutely awful at the same role. 

Get over it 😂😂 yeh be a great idea to let both go wouldn’t it! Get over it pal 

12 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Odds are exactly 0 that he goes to Newcastle. 

He's not particularly driven by money is he, there's no incentive at all for him to go there. He wants European football. 

If he was considering Newcastle he'd just stay here. 

You're right in some respects, he's a family man, childhood sweetheart, 3 kids etc etc. He's also openly said he doesn't particularly care for big flashy capital cities or all the stuff that comes with being a pro footballer.

But in some ways that counters what you've said, he might be very open to moving to another part of the country that's friendly, family oriented and a significantly nicer city, also the chance to live a quiet countryside life up north.

I think also, it's hard for you to deny that a speculative, optimistic footballer might well see Newcastle as having an outside shot at top 7 this season, if not putting together a challenge for a cup that could see Euro qualification. Again, I agree he may as well stay here this season and join them next if that's the case, but maybe he wants to be part of achieving that? A good thing for his CV/next move.

I'm not saying they will, but the league is open and a good run of form could see one of about 6 teams take that 7th spot. 

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

Get over it 😂😂 yeh be a great idea to let both go wouldn’t it! Get over it pal 

Dennis Praet does not play in the same position as Youri Tielemans. 

They are not like for like. Dennis Praet is not this hard running box to box midfielder that foxestalk has convinced itself he is. Yes, he's got decent stamina and he works hard but he is a 10 and about our third or fourth choice 10. 

I don't know why this is still confusing people. He's like the Marc Albrighton of attacking midfielders, he can't beat his man, he's got middling pace, he works hard, he can pick a half decent pass but nothing consistently productive. 

If Tielemans goes today or tomorrow we will either need to rely on Soumaré to step up or we'll need to bring in a replacement, which is why we've been repeatedly linked to the likes Aouar, Garner, Brownhill, Kudus and O'Reiley. 

It's also likely we've been knocking back offers for Soumaré until we know what's going on with YT. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Dennis Praet does not play in the same position as Youri Tielemans. 

They are not like for like. Dennis Praet is not this hard running box to box midfielder that foxestalk has convinced itself he is. Yes, he's got decent stamina and he works hard but he is a 10 and about our third or fourth choice 10. 

I don't know why this is still confusing people. He's like the Marc Albrighton of attacking midfielders, he can't beat his man, he's got middling pace, he works hard, he can pick a half decent pass but nothing consistently productive. 

If Tielemans goes today or tomorrow we will either need to rely on Soumaré to step up or we'll need to bring in a replacement, which is why we've been repeatedly linked to the likes Aouar, Garner, Brownhill, Kudus and O'Reiley. 

It's also likely we've been knocking back offers for Soumaré until we know what's going on with YT. 

Ok get over it pal 

• Like 1