Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Dennis Praet does not play in the same position as Youri Tielemans. 

They are not like for like. Dennis Praet is not this hard running box to box midfielder that foxestalk has convinced itself he is. Yes, he's got decent stamina and he works hard but he is a 10 and about our third or fourth choice 10. 

I don't know why this is still confusing people. He's like the Marc Albrighton of attacking midfielders, he can't beat his man, he's got middling pace, he works hard, he can pick a half decent pass but nothing consistently productive. 

If Tielemans goes today or tomorrow we will either need to rely on Soumaré to step up or we'll need to bring in a replacement, which is why we've been repeatedly linked to the likes Aouar, Garner, Brownhill, Kudus and O'Reiley. 

It's also likely we've been knocking back offers for Soumaré until we know what's going on with YT. 

Belgian international team selectors appear not to share your disparaging opinion of his worth.

3 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Magic news.  Fantastic job Recruitment Team.  Might turn out marginally better than last Summer´s window.   Do you have any vacancies as this role looks like a super easy job.  I was once a Tree Surgeon if that helps.

Specializing in Tree limb ans

Edited by Smudge

Guest itude
25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

They don't use him as a deeper lying play maker. 

Yep, they tend to try and play people to their strengths,and not try and makes them into Rodgerites, how many times has he done this and it hasn't worked ??

Too many and it shows what a stubborn fool he is.

30 minutes ago, GoonerJeeves said:

I haven't seen any rumour from a reputable source that we have bid, or are in for him. 

They didn't even mention it on TalkSport and that is basically a bloke reading places like this for information and repeating on air.

1 minute ago, Corky said:

They didn't even mention it on TalkSport and that is basically a bloke reading places like this for information and repeating on air.

Aye, I guess we'll know soon enough. Not much left of the window. I'll be honest to say that I would love him at Arsenal. 

Got to wonder what he's thinking, apparently agreed personal terms with Arsenal back in 1500AD and yet if rumours are to be believed they haven't actually bid for him, I love the bloke but his stock has plummeted dramatically, and it's no coincidence that it's happened over the last 6 or so months when his performances for us have been pretty abysmal at times 

Surely the most likely outcome now is for him to sign a 1 year extension and then be sold in Jan/next summer as not sure Arsenal or Liverpool will meet the dollar required tomorrow. And if we're getting rid of Praet as well leaves us massively shorthanded in the centre of the park other than loads of defensive midfielders and Mads.

16 minutes ago, Hirsty The Blue 94 said:

Surely the most likely outcome now is for him to sign a 1 year extension and then be sold in Jan/next summer as not sure Arsenal or Liverpool will meet the dollar required tomorrow. And if we're getting rid of Praet as well leaves us massively shorthanded in the centre of the park other than loads of defensive midfielders and Mads. 

Why would he sign an extension when he can leave on a free and have a wider choice of next team and a nice sign on bonus? Would be great for us but doesn't make sense for him

• Like 2

If we are going to get 20m or less for him this summer, I rather we keep him and not spend the money we get on someone else who is going to be a dud and rot on the bench like how Rodgers have treated some of his players like Praet or Soumare. I rather get one more season out of him as I see this season make or break in terms of us trying to regain our previous momentum to push for a top six finish (in future) or go back to being a struggler. At least it may help to stablise the squad for one more season while we have another go. So all things considered, please keep Tielemans. Just see the Fofana money as compensation to support this. 

• Like 1

If he leaves today for anyone other than arsenal or liverpool (no other rich six are linked) then that says a lot about our club.  The fee will possibly show something about the financial status but more importantly, the player will feel that he can’t stay here another twelve months and get a huge payday on his next contract

on a personal level, I hope he’s playing tonight . 

• Like 4