Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

• 2 months later...

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/arsenal-fc-news/arsenal-danilo-palmeiras-latest-transfer-news-rumours-updates/

sounds like arsenal are moving on. Really wonder where he might end up. Which club is going to give him the football he wants but also the pay increase? 

It’s a little odd there’s not been more speculation about him seeing that clubs will be able to negotiate with him soon 

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/arsenal-fc-news/arsenal-danilo-palmeiras-latest-transfer-news-rumours-updates/

sounds like arsenal are moving on. Really wonder where he might end up. Which club is going to give him the football he wants but also the pay increase? 

It’s a little odd there’s not been more speculation about him seeing that clubs will be able to negotiate with him soon 

Ypu would think that if he scores a Tielemans special for Belgium whilst he is in the shop window next month, the interest will crank back up.

52 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I must have missed that in the article …….

from what I’ve read past few days, arsenal still expect to take him for nothing in the summer. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've heard Pep wants him at Man City on the cheap. Liverpool will be interested as well this January. 

Interestingly Gundogan’s contract expires next summer as well. Would be a perfect replacement for Pep. And Liverpool need reinforcements.

Either way rather he goes in January so we can recoup some money at least, £15m or so hopefully?! And reinvest in the RW we still desperately need (Tête please).

And promote Braybrooke into the first team squad. 2 of KDH, Soumaré, Ndidi and Braybrooke with Maddison in front of them should work for the remainder of the season. Will be sad to see him go, but can’t hold too many grudges if it’s to a team of Man City’s ilk.

42 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I don't see how anyone can really turn their nose up at Tielemans on a free.

I'm more surprised there isn't more noise about someone bidding in Jan. We did it successfully with Morgan and Mahrez, get in ahead of the teams looking for a summer freebie and get a good player on the cheap. I still think he'd be a good fit for Arsenal and you'd think they'd be tempted now that the look to be in a title race.

10 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I'm more surprised there isn't more noise about someone bidding in Jan. We did it successfully with Morgan and Mahrez, get in ahead of the teams looking for a summer freebie and get a good player on the cheap. I still think he'd be a good fit for Arsenal and you'd think they'd be tempted now that the look to be in a title race.

Bit different shelling out 400k and 1m for players

We don't have any idea of what we would take as a fee.

I think it would take a lot more to get YT in January than you think when you consider each PL place is worth 2.2 m if the club deem him to be the difference from finishing 15th or 8th that works out as 15.4m

The reason he didn't go in the summer is we want a crazy fee, don't think that will change.

Be very surprised if he doesn't sign a pre-contract with a European club in Jan.

Edited by coolhandfox

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Bit different shelling out 400k and 1m for players

We don't have any idea of what we would take as a fee.

I think it would take a lot more to get YT in January than you think when you consider each PL place is worth 2.2 m if the club deem him to be the difference from finishing 15th or 8th that works out as 15.4m

A fair shout. Probably falls in the middle ground where we'd rather have him for the remainder of the season now than have say £15m for him. But even for say £20m-£25m I think people would be getting a bargain, especially as he will probably be hitting his peak in those years and if you sign him on a 4 or 5 year contract you're getting a really good player for probably the best years of his career.

Just now, Number 6 said:

A fair shout. Probably falls in the middle ground where we'd rather have him for the remainder of the season now than have say £15m for him. But even for say £20m-£25m I think people would be getting a bargain, especially as he will probably be hitting his peak in those years and if you sign him on a 4 or 5 year contract you're getting a really good player for probably the best years of his career.

I just think the club and manager feel he is worth more to the team short term than 10m-15m in the bank.

No one is paying 25m to get him 6 months early. 

The rumour was in the summer we still wanted the money we paid for him.

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I wonder when his peak will be. Youri has played an obscene amount of football for someone his age, he’s been playing regularly since he was 16. It wouldn’t surprise me if his peak came earlier than most centre midfielders and then if he falls off earlier, a bit like Rooney. 

• Like 2

On 13/11/2022 at 14:10, Foxes96 said:

Interestingly Gundogan’s contract expires next summer as well. Would be a perfect replacement for Pep. And Liverpool need reinforcements.

Either way rather he goes in January so we can recoup some money at least, £15m or so hopefully?! And reinvest in the RW we still desperately need (Tête please).

And promote Braybrooke into the first team squad. 2 of KDH, Soumaré, Ndidi and Braybrooke with Maddison in front of them should work for the remainder of the season. Will be sad to see him go, but can’t hold too many grudges if it’s to a team of Man City’s ilk.

It would be an absolute disaster replacing Tielemans permanently with these. A serious drop in creativity. People talk about having a RW but who’s going to be giving them the ball.. the cut through a and defense-splitting passes?  It certainly won’t be Soumarè or Ndidi

On 13/11/2022 at 19:07, Lambert09 said:

Not sure those two are connected really. Danilo is a defensive midfielder. He'd come in to be backup to Partey, and long term perhaps replace him. I would see Tielemans more as a player to compete with Xhaka. For Xhaka, we do not really have anyone. We either have to move Ødegaard down, or play Lokonga, who is much too green.

Say if we offered £15m in January, do you think you would sell? Or would it make more sense for you to keep him till the end of the season?

12 minutes ago, GoonerJeeves said:

Not sure those two are connected really. Danilo is a defensive midfielder. He'd come in to be backup to Partey, and long term perhaps replace him. I would see Tielemans more as a player to compete with Xhaka. For Xhaka, we do not really have anyone. We either have to move Ødegaard down, or play Lokonga, who is much too green.

Say if we offered £15m in January, do you think you would sell? Or would it make more sense for you to keep him till the end of the season?

Personally, I think we’d sell. I think the club is sensible and knows that’s what makes the most financial sense. But it would be absolutely heartbreaking to see him go for such a small fee. 

I think the only way he stays is if we spend in January and we bring a few players in and maybe push for a European spot, or the club think we’re relegated without him, but seems v unlikely either way to me. 

I would be slightly surprised if you bid for him in Jan tho. You had a big outlay in the summer and I don’t think CM is the first position you need to fill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

Personally, I think we’d sell. I think the club is sensible and knows that’s what makes the most financial sense. But it would be absolutely heartbreaking to see him go for such a small fee. 

I think the only way he stays is if we spend in January and we bring a few players in and maybe push for a European spot, or the club think we’re relegated without him, but seems v unlikely either way to me. 

I would be slightly surprised if you bid for him in Jan tho. You had a big outlay in the summer and I don’t think CM is the first position you need to fill. 

We're actually rather light in central midfield. Elneny has come back from injury to be a backup for Partey. We don't have much for Xhaka, bar Lokonga, who is very inexperienced. Ødegaard can be moved down, but then we need to play Vieira, who is also very green. Tielemans wouldn't need time to adapt to the league. He could probably just slot in and play. That makes it attractive.

I think it's mainly our surprising start that have people hoping for a busy January. Some hope we can win the title, which is unlikely given our squad depth. That being said, surprises have happened in the title race before.....

46 minutes ago, GoonerJeeves said:

We're actually rather light in central midfield. Elneny has come back from injury to be a backup for Partey. We don't have much for Xhaka, bar Lokonga, who is very inexperienced. Ødegaard can be moved down, but then we need to play Vieira, who is also very green. Tielemans wouldn't need time to adapt to the league. He could probably just slot in and play. That makes it attractive.

I think it's mainly our surprising start that have people hoping for a busy January. Some hope we can win the title, which is unlikely given our squad depth. That being said, surprises have happened in the title race before.....

Have you got a call back on Charlie Patino? 

2 hours ago, GoonerJeeves said:

I didn’t read the article properly, I thought it was suggesting he was more likely to sign instead of youri but it actually says both. 

I think we probably would accept it, and i think you probably should bid it. 

You won’t get a better chance to win the league, the spending gap with Man city will increase every season. I just think that of all the areas on the pitch xhaka is the one i’d worry about. He’s been fantastic this season but after 7 years of being very average is he just in a spell of good form? Who knows if the same player comes back from the world cup.  15-20 to potentially guarantee a title isn’t bad at all.

I think anyone here would tell you that youris real value is about 40m, I wouldn’t risk him going to barca for free personally. But it all comes down to whether or not arteta actually wants him. 

ive never liked arsenal, but i can’t help but like this current team.  A real likeable group of players and a good team for youri to join imo 

• Like 1