Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Have you got a call back on Charlie Patino? 

Yes, we do, but I think it was only meant to be used in case they didn't play him. He is doing so well, and we are striking up a good relationship with Blackpool. Patino is our third loan to them in recent years. I think it is highly unlikely we want to recall him.

1 hour ago, GoonerJeeves said:

Yes, we do, but I think it was only meant to be used in case they didn't play him. He is doing so well, and we are striking up a good relationship with Blackpool. Patino is our third loan to them in recent years. I think it is highly unlikely we want to recall him.

A great club, they really helped progress Dewsbury-Hall too. One of my best pals is a season ticket holder there. I do like the look of Patino, probably best staying put for the rest of the season but you never know.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

A great club, they really helped progress Dewsbury-Hall too. One of my best pals is a season ticket holder there. I do like the look of Patino, probably best staying put for the rest of the season but you never know.

Are they still in that old ground amidst the terrace houses near the sea front Ric? Did I read they’d built a new ground?

43 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Are they still in that old ground amidst the terrace houses near the sea front Ric? Did I read they’d built a new ground?

Still same ground, made some improvements though. I'm up there in March for a game and a night on the piss. Jerry Yates should be in Qatar instead of Rashford IMO.

• Like 1

Didn’t someone on here say that it isn’t quite over yet?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11439625/Leicester-quietly-confident-avoid-losing-midfielder-Youri-Tielemans-FREE-2023.html

Leicester are quietly confident they can avoid losing star midfielder Youri Tielemans for FREE next summer... with the Foxes pushing to convince the Belgium international to extend his contract beyond 2023

Leicester believe they can reach an agreement with Youri Tielemans that will stop their star midfielder leaving on a free transfer next summer.

But Sportsmail understands the Foxes are quietly confident that this will not happen. A new deal has been on the table for Tielemans for nearly two years and though he has yet to sign it, the Leicester hierarchy have maintained close contact with his representatives throughout.

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11439625/Leicester-quietly-confident-avoid-losing-midfielder-Youri-Tielemans-FREE-2023.html

Leicester are quietly confident they can avoid losing star midfielder Youri Tielemans for FREE next summer... with the Foxes pushing to convince the Belgium international to extend his contract beyond 2023

Leicester believe they can reach an agreement with Youri Tielemans that will stop their star midfielder leaving on a free transfer next summer.

But Sportsmail understands the Foxes are quietly confident that this will not happen. A new deal has been on the table for Tielemans for nearly two years and though he has yet to sign it, the Leicester hierarchy have maintained close contact with his representatives throughout.

Would easily be the best but of business we could do in the summer...

... or maybe a RW

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

you know the noises from Youri recently have been a lot more positive imo. The other day there was an interview where he was saying he loves it here... I would never rule it out. If the only real offers that come forward for him are clubs lijke newcastle or teams he is unlikely to have guaranteed first team football there is always a chance he gives us another crack. 

Theres not alot of clubs that would let you get away with being as poor as he was last season and still fully support you... he might start to realise that. 

• Like 2

The reason I can't see him staying is because what's changed for him? OK he doesn't seem the sort that is solely about money but if there's always been a real possibility he'd stay here past this season then sign that deal that's been on the table nearly 2 years and tale advantage of the increase in wages over that time. 

Maybe there's an agreement that it gets backdated and that's why he's been in no rush to sign it but I suspect he's running this down because he gets to benefit from more clubs being after him, a very attractive salary and can choose accordingly where his next move in his peak years is going to be.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The reason I can't see him staying is because what's changed for him? OK he doesn't seem the sort that is solely about money but if there's always been a real possibility he'd stay here past this season then sign that deal that's been on the table nearly 2 years and tale advantage of the increase in wages over that time. 

Maybe there's an agreement that it gets backdated and that's why he's been in no rush to sign it but I suspect he's running this down because he gets to benefit from more clubs being after him, a very attractive salary and can choose accordingly where his next move in his peak years is going to be.

I can't see it without some guarantee that we will be back pushing for CL or EL and in the regular hunt for trophies, which means investment, which seems unlikely.

You also have to wonder how burn't he is from his time at Monaco.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I reckon he’s after a top top club and so far no one  of that caliber has come in for him. Biding his time. He’ll be able to talk properly to other clubs in January and that’s probably when we’ll find an extra 25k a week or something to add to the offer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

The world cup has come at the perfect time for him and his contract negotiations.

It really does present him with the best of all worlds.

unless belgium manage to get knocked out by morroco and canada and he has a stinker 

23 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Don't do this to me.

• Haha 1

He's said for the last 2 years he's keeping his options open. 

If no options become available that attract him, he will stay.  He's looking long term for him and his family. It's not all about money. 

It's not all black and white, he loves it here and he is settled but if one of the big guns come in and want him to run their midfield for the next 5 years, he's gonna be looking at that and be tempted. 

If someone like spurs come in with more money on the table, he'd stay. 

That is my opinion anyway. 

Youri has run his contract down 

he will be entitled to a stonking s/o fee if he moves on a free

and if he decided to stay here then he would surely expect a similar fee. From the club’s perspective, if youri leaves then they have to spend on a replacement. They can’t expect him to just sign an extension at a salary that reflects his status (circa 140k) without also paying him a re signing fee (say £10m likely spread over the time he stays here). 

I reckon the next month and his performance in Qatar will make a big difference whether he gets an offer from the continent

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Youri has run his contract down 

he will be entitled to a stonking s/o fee if he moves on a free

and if he decided to stay here then he would surely expect a similar fee. From the club’s perspective, if youri leaves then they have to spend on a replacement. They can’t expect him to just sign an extension at a salary that reflects his status (circa 140k) without also paying him a re signing fee (say £10m likely spread over the time he stays here). 

I reckon the next month and his performance in Qatar will make a big difference whether he gets an offer from the continent

Youri is a high class player , if not of the very highest. Players of his ability and age do not come along very often for no transfer fee. He will get a number of offers over the next few months and he will do what's best for him and his family. Our current financial difficulties make it highly unlikely that we will be able to match those offers.

42 minutes ago, reynard said:

He'll be gone for certain in the summer. Could well go in January if we were offered even a half decent amount of money. Especially if a big team loses any key players to injury in the world cup.

If Chelsea continue to struggle, we may be able to screw them for even more money.