Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

33 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Football is 95% money, the rest is ego.

As a fan this perception is common, you nor I can guess at his mindset and do not forget he has done the big move thing already. If he thinks he is now big enough to cope again, then fair play to him, I would wish him well. This assumption he would automatically follow the most money is just plain silly,

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

...that is a bit cynical, there is always going to be very good money associated with playing!!!

When you hit a certain level (because you believed in yourself and took the risk to find out) the amount of remuneration is vast, in comparison to our everyday lives. I am sure Cags could have received a better salary throughout his time here, without necessarily having to extend his time here.

43 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that is a bit cynical, there is always going to be very good money associated with playing!!!

When you hit a certain level (because you believed in yourself and took the risk to find out) the amount of remuneration is vast, in comparison to our everyday lives. I am sure Cags could have received a better salary throughout his time here, without necessarily having to extend his time here.

I own up to being cynical but compared to the average football agent I am a teddy bear.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I own up to being cynical but compared to the average football agent I am a teddy bear.

...I must admit they wield a lot of power (agents) but that was previously the domain of the clubs!!!

There really needs to be a better way of running such a vast entity without one party having the amount of power over the other. The amount clubs have to shell out to agents is a big part of their football budgets.

Perhaps an independent, shall we say clearing house, should be used to facilitate transactions, but you just know that the bigger clubs would be looking for ways around the system, by incentives outside of the four corners of the contract.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I don’t think this take is even slightly right with youri. 

I think he is simply ambitious and wants the best chance of winning trophies and playing in the champions league. 

I doubt our offer would be a million miles away from what arsenal would offer him. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not an article I wanted to write particularly if it is to replace Youri but here we are.

https://www.thefosseway.net/viewpoint/leicester-city-transfer-targets-central-midfielder-replace-youri-tielemans-kokcu-le-fee-evander

We were linked strongly in the summer with kokcu if I remember right (before everyone realised we were skint), would not surprise me if he’s the one we get

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Zero chance we sign Kokcu.

Personal opinion or heard something? I do feel like he ought to go to one of the best sides of the top 5 leagues in Europe but he's still only 21 and we have tracked him now for nearly 2 years. Everything about this situation is annoying.

Le Fee would be easier to get and contract up in 18 months.

• Like 1

my biggest fear is that we sell youri in jan but decide we don’t need to replace him because wilf is fit. There’s just not enough creativity in a wilf-soumare-kdh midfield. 

But I honestly think that’s what will happen. 

The only real difference between a team like us and villa is having someone of youris quality in our midfield imo. 

It’s all well and good having a mint attack but they will have bad days and you need someone in midfield who can do a bit of both for you. I honestly think that’s where newcastle hit success… bruno G in midfield changes that team entirely. 

We won’t realize how important he is until he’s gone and we will have a massive hole. I’m just not sure who dictates if we don’t replace him well. Got to be one of the hardest positions to sign as well, look at how long it’s taken man u to get someone who ticks that box and it looks like they finally have with erikson.  It’s laughable really that people want the guy from man u who clearly wasn’t up to that job (even at everton) 

A personal preference for me would be someone like auour. As i think the defensive duties could be left to 2 of the other cms. It also is someone who can replace maddison in the LT. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

my biggest fear is that we sell youri in jan but decide we don’t need to replace him because wilf is fit. There’s just not enough creativity in a wilf-soumare-kdh midfield. 

The only real difference between a team like us and villa is having someone of youris quality in our midfield imo. 

It’s all well and good having a mint attack but they will have bad days and you need someone in midfield who can do a bit of both for you. I honestly think that’s where newcastle hit success… bruno G in midfield changes that team entirely. 

We won’t realize how important he is until he’s gone and we will have a massive hole. I’m just not sure who dictates if we don’t replace him well. Got to be one of the hardest positions to sign as well, look at how long it’s taken man u to get someone who ticks that box and it looks like they finally have with erikson.  It’s laughable really that people want the guy from man u who clearly wasn’t up to that job (even at everton) 

A personal preference for me would be someone like auour. As i think the defensive duties could be left to 2 of the other cms. It also is someone who can replace maddison in the LT. 

Youri won’t go in jan, Youri won’t make a fuss about leaving + club clearly would rather keep him and let him go for nothing it would seem at this point. 

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Not a chance that would be the thinking by our club. The only way Tielemans is sold and not replaced would be through misfortune or negligence. The club have never viewed Ndidi and Soumare as a midfield pairing or trio, he tried it vs Newport to get Ndidi some minutes and it was pretty horrid.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Unless we play Maddison in that role and replace Maddison with a proper right winger. I remember him playing almost in front of the back four in one game when Youri didn't play. He was able to start moves and bring it forward but obviously cuts down on his attacking play.

10 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Unless we play Maddison in that role and replace Maddison with a proper right winger. I remember him playing almost in front of the back four in one game when Youri didn't play. He was able to start moves and bring it forward but obviously cuts down on his attacking play.

This just becomes a 4231 though, I dont really buy the mads as a number 8 stuff.  Thats absolutely my preference in system but you still need another creative cm imo. 

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Not a chance that would be the thinking by our club. The only way Tielemans is sold and not replaced would be through misfortune or negligence. The club have never viewed Ndidi and Soumare as a midfield pairing or trio, he tried it vs Newport to get Ndidi some minutes and it was pretty horrid.

I absolutely hope youre right and unless we have gone completely daft you should be.... but my confidence isnt fully restored.  We are likely to need a rw and a left back and a cb if soy leaves... I just worry we think the minutes soumare has had is enough for him to take over the youri spot and allow us to spend in other areas until the summer. Brendan loves wilf.. and it appears KDH also, so if hes now warmed up to soumare, I can see how it becomes a possibility (But a disastrous one)  

I think we could all end up disappointed if the fringe players cling on for another summer. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

This just becomes a 4231 though, I dont really buy the mads as a number 8 stuff.  Thats absolutely my preference in system but you still need another creative cm imo. 

I absolutely hope youre right and unless we have gone completely daft you should be.... but my confidence isnt fully restored.  We are likely to need a rw and a left back and a cb if soy leaves... I just worry we think the minutes soumare has had is enough for him to take over the youri spot and allow us to spend in other areas until the summer. Brendan loves wilf.. and it appears KDH also, so if hes now warmed up to soumare, I can see how it becomes a possibility (But a disastrous one)  

I think we could all end up disappointed if the fringe players cling on for another summer. 

Yeah I get what you're saying but our whole way seems to be to fit players in. With 4.3.3. Maddison only fits in on the right, this leaves Castagne isolated on his own when Maddison goes inside Castagne pushes to the right wing and Youri goes almost right back. A strange way to play with 3 players out of position.

We seem to have a lot of midfield players who don't ideally fit how we want to play.

24 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Yeah I get what you're saying but our whole way seems to be to fit players in. With 4.3.3. Maddison only fits in on the right, this leaves Castagne isolated on his own when Maddison goes inside Castagne pushes to the right wing and Youri goes almost right back. A strange way to play with 3 players out of position.

We seem to have a lot of midfield players who don't ideally fit how we want to play.

I think youve identified the problem right there... theres no way maddison does that defensive work and if he does.... what an utter waste of his skills.  I think the central player will always be more defensive, which is why we are more likely to see a sangare type player take over from wilf (once the club realise he's absolutely past it)  

I think mads has shown us exactly why he needs to be camped in the final 3rd and if we shoe horned him further back we would be using a square peg in a round hole.    

Id be very happy if our future was        kdh/soumare/ Braybrooke(lets be honest the role will be his in time)-   Sangare -  Le fee/ auoar.  That midfield 3 has everything. and switching to a  4231  with sangare and one of the suggestions would be very strong. 

Edited by Lambert09

On 21/11/2022 at 21:01, Ric Flair said:

Personal opinion or heard something? I do feel like he ought to go to one of the best sides of the top 5 leagues in Europe but he's still only 21 and we have tracked him now for nearly 2 years. Everything about this situation is annoying.

Le Fee would be easier to get and contract up in 18 months.

Yes, but we're not spending any money. 

Would "Le Fee" be too high?  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

If he is in the shop window, then he didn’t do himself many favours yesterday.

Felt sorry for him yesterday. That team selection from Martinez was absolutely criminal. against a high press energetic team, you decide to play with a back 3 with the combined age/speed as a giant tortoise.

Also, KDB just kept blanking Youri's runs. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I think youve identified the problem right there... theres no way maddison does that defensive work and if he does.... what an utter waste of his skills.  I think the central player will always be more defensive, which is why we are more likely to see a sangare type player take over from wilf (once the club realise he's absolutely past it)  

I think mads has shown us exactly why he needs to be camped in the final 3rd and if we shoe horned him further back we would be using a square peg in a round hole.    

Id be very happy if our future was        kdh/soumare/ Braybrooke(lets be honest the role will be his in time)-   Sangare -  Le fee/ auoar.  That midfield 3 has everything. and switching to a  4231  with sangare and one of the suggestions would be very strong. 

It will be really interesting to see the way the club go on this. I think we are missing at least a couple of "creative" players.

As to where they fit? You would think RW but where does that leave Maddison?

We already have Iheanacho, which in my opinion is a criminal waste of talent. My heart sinks every time I see a line up without him playing.

I guess a lot depends if anyone leaves in January.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, messerschmitt said:

It will be really interesting to see the way the club go on this. I think we are missing at least a couple of "creative" players.

As to where they fit? You would think RW but where does that leave Maddison?

We already have Iheanacho, which in my opinion is a criminal waste of talent. My heart sinks every time I see a line up without him playing.

I guess a lot depends if anyone leaves in January.

mine too! You see ronaldo’s tantrums and realise how lucky we are to have someone as patient as nacho. He’s given his best years to us and is so under utilized.  I really hope for his sake someone comes in for him soon. 

• Like 2