Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

A few more bad belgium performances or youri being dropped and I can see some of the big clubs turning their nose up at him once again. It feels bad not wanting him to do well but I do think it could improve our chances of him signing 

I don't think any interested club will be judging him on a few matches in sub standard international football. He has over 300 top tier club games on his CV. That is an impressive total for a 25 year old.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I don't think any interested club will be judging him on a few matches in sub standard international football. He has over 300 top tier club games on his CV. That is an impressive total for a 25 year old.

I think there were question marks from last year and a bad euros though. The big clubs are so fickle. If there’s any doubt they tend to avoid it. i still think for free someone will obviously take a punt but there’s a reason someone like aouar has gone from hugely in demand to being in our reach 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

On 25/11/2022 at 10:05, Lambert09 said:

A few more bad belgium performances or youri being dropped and I can see some of the big clubs turning their nose up at him once again. It feels bad not wanting him to do well but I do think it could improve our chances of him signing 

If belgium do go out today, with youri dropped again… I really think this has worked out perfectly for us. (sorry youri) 

I do think he might see the grass isn’t always greener and his guaranteed football and appreciation at us might be put in perspective again. 

He’s not daft, I don’t think he’ll go somewhere he has no chance of starting. There were 2 premier league options imo, man u and arsenal… arsenal have been surprised by xhaka, who is now undroppable. Man U went for erickson who has been great. 

He doesn’t fit liverpools style at all. 

The only real other uk threat would be newcastle as it’s hard to argue they won’t get to success now even sooner than expected.  Although the way chelsea are moving there’s always a chance they get involved. 

Which leaves us looking at europe, and again limited options based on the fact he’s already on a high premier league salary, it’s not like he can go to a porto without taking a huge pay cut. So unless we have a barca or juve coming to the table we have a great chance to get him to sign a deal. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

On 25/11/2022 at 16:20, An Sionnach said:

It's an impressive total of appearances but not necessarily very impressive performances per appearances in the last 18 months. Admittedly he's improved somewhat recently but will he regress again now his World Cup incentive has gone? If he's free in the summer why would any big team waste their money on him now? Tbh, I can't say I'd be that disappointed with him leaving in the summer and I certainly don't think he's worth breaking the bank for on a new contract. 

Compared to what might happen with Maddison he's of little interest now, fed up of hearing his name.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

If belgium do go out today, with youri dropped again… I really think this has worked out perfectly for us. (sorry youri) 

I do think he might see the grass isn’t always greener and his guaranteed football and appreciation at us might be put in perspective again. 

He’s not daft, I don’t think he’ll go somewhere he has no chance of starting. There were 2 premier league options imo, man u and arsenal… arsenal have been surprised by xhaka, who is now undroppable. Man U went for erickson who has been great. 

He doesn’t fit liverpools style at all. 

The only real other uk threat would be newcastle as it’s hard to argue they won’t get to success now even sooner than expected.  Although the way chelsea are moving there’s always a chance they get involved. 

Which leaves us looking at europe, and again limited options based on the fact he’s already on a high premier league salary, it’s not like he can go to a porto without taking a huge pay cut. So unless we have a barca or juve coming to the table we have a great chance to get him to sign a deal. 

Do we really want a player though that's only staying because nobody else wants him? Neither,  after that should he be afforded a huge pay rise either because I don't think he's worth one. Get rid, save on his wages and use some to offer Maddison something special for a couple of more years. 

• Like 1

I didn't think he did a lot wrong in the first game, was he that bad? Belgium were all over the place on the whole. The fact he came off and there's been a lot of talk of serious unrest in the camp I wonder if he was involved somehow. All absolute speculation but why else would he not get a look in bar one sub appearance after an average 45 mins in the first game, given how prevelant he was in qualifying. I thought timmy was bang average all tournament and I've not seen people slating him overly. 

19 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Youri getting a slaying from Belgium media Eddy Snelders has ranked him the worst player in the team & put him as 3/10 for the tournament 

Water off a duck's back - Youri will keep smiling through. If there is one virtue of his that stands out to me , its his toughness both physically and mentally. He plays great, he plays crap , but that quality remains the same.

18 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

i’ve not been timmy’s biggest fan but he was their best player in this tournament by a considerable distance. They were a shambles and i’d say he’s the only one that can leave with a bit of credit

Funny. I'm the polar opposite. I'm a huge Timmy fan, yet thought he was total gash for the 3 WC games. Gave away possession numerous times in dangerous areas. 

Still glad to have him back 'home' tho

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

so there are reports in spain that barca were interested but got the feeling from the conversation with his reps that a deal has already been agreed with someone else. 

😭

This is the account which was in Football Highlights on BBC Red Button - taken from 'Marca'. He was being mooted as being a possible replacement for Sergio Busquets - which is really laughable as Youri has few of the qualities that have made Busquets so significant a player for Barca. So much fantasy flies around in these transfer reports.

21 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Funny. I'm the polar opposite. I'm a huge Timmy fan, yet thought he was total gash for the 3 WC games. Gave away possession numerous times in dangerous areas. 

Still glad to have him back 'home' tho

Maybe that's in part because he was playing further up the pitch as a wingback as he was with city a couple of years ago before settling back into a back 4. I'm not saying that's it, but it must play on the players minds when they're in that situation I.e. giving the ball away.

2 hours ago, gerblod said:

This is the account which was in Football Highlights on BBC Red Button - taken from 'Marca'. He was being mooted as being a possible replacement for Sergio Busquets - which is really laughable as Youri has few of the qualities that have made Busquets so significant a player for Barca. So much fantasy flies around in these transfer reports.

Surely if Barcelona want to replace Busquets they would go for Zubimendi who after all is hailed as the heir to Busquets throne within Spain, the only sticking point is cost so maybe they have to cast the net a little wider for someone on a free.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

we are talking about a club that tried to replace messi with adama traore 😆

Absolutely. A team which once boasted a midfield of Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta with Messi roaming around is now interested in the free to anyone Tielemans? How the mighty have fallen. 

• Like 1

On 25/11/2022 at 18:48, st albans fox said:

Which is why he’s better suited to Italy or Spain 

Pace wise I agree but I can’t help but think that so much of his incisive passing is reliant on the rapid movement and pace ahead of him that we see in the Premier League. 

36 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Arsenal prepare 'FINAL attempt' to sign Youri Tielemans this January... with Leicester 'able to recoup HALF' of what they paid for the Belgian midfielder before he becomes a free agent in 2023

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11538787/amp/Arsenal-prepare-FINAL-attempt-sign-Youri-Tielemans-January.html

🥱 

18 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Arsenal prepare 'FINAL attempt' to sign Youri Tielemans this January... with Leicester 'able to recoup HALF' of what they paid for the Belgian midfielder before he becomes a free agent in 2023

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11538787/amp/Arsenal-prepare-FINAL-attempt-sign-Youri-Tielemans-January.html

Final attempt? Have they even had a first attempt? 

• Haha 1