Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

20 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’ve been one of his biggest fans and defenders on here but I thought he was awful today.

It absolutely baffles me to see him wearing the armband in a season where we are potentially in a relegation scrap. For two years he’s rejected any offer to extend his contract and it’s clear he’s on his way in the summer.

He therefore has zero skin in the game. If we go down it’s just “what a shame to the end of my time there, onto the next one” so, regardless of whether he might be Rodgers’ ‘coach on the pitch’, there’s no way he should be wearing the armband right now.

He’s been putting these performances in consistently for about 18 months but a few weeks before the WC he looked back to his old self.

yesterday he was dire again and in a way it’s the Tielemans I won’t be too sad to lose.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jmono84 said:

He’s been putting these performances in consistently for about 18 months but a few weeks before the WC he looked back to his old self.

yesterday he was dire again and in a way it’s the Tielemans I won’t be too sad to lose.

Always wondered what would happen when the World Cup incentive was removed 🤔 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Always wondered what would happen when the World Cup incentive was removed 🤔 

That strategy didn't particularly work out then? As he was playing great pre world cup. But Martinez then immediately binned him off after a ropey team first 45. 

Psychologically a player won't play full tilt if their mind is elsewhere i.e. out the door. But with Youri, I just think he has patches when he clicks and patches where he just doesn't get going. I don't think it's ever been a motivation/professionalism thing. 

• Like 3

When you see so many clueless duds go for £40 million or so, Youri for nowt is a very , very attractive proposition. Already very experienced at 25 , with a very sharp brain and an excellent injury record. He is certainly in the Erikson class. They will be queuing up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

That strategy didn't particularly work out then? As he was playing great pre world cup. But Martinez then immediately binned him off after a ropey team first 45. 

Psychologically a player won't play full tilt if their mind is elsewhere i.e. out the door. But with Youri, I just think he has patches when he clicks and patches where he just doesn't get going. I don't think it's ever been a motivation/professionalism thing. 

.. pretty much his quality of play when he was on loan was top notch and it was a means to an end!!!

Same for the World Cup, suddenly you were seeing the player we had paid all this money for.

I did say that it was pretty convenient, at a time where he needs to impress he does, so, now back to the dire football we have seen him put out for some time.

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

When you see so many clueless duds go for £40 million or so, Youri for nowt is a very , very attractive proposition. Already very experienced at 25 , with a very sharp brain and an excellent injury record. He is certainly in the Erikson class. They will be queuing up.

...I  would not count on it, or close the book on him staying here!!!