Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

All available evidence is that the club is up the financial creek. Youri wants 8 to 10 million a year , we ain't got it.

I don't believe his performance has been consistent enough to justify that level of contract 

14 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

All available evidence is that the club is up the financial creek. Youri wants 8 to 10 million a year , we ain't got it.

I’m not questioning you, I’m questioning the club’s decision. Personally think financially that makes no sense, especially with the player leaving on a free and the replacement will cost money, plus a decent amount in wages anyway. 8 million is 160k a week, not the biggest stretch with Schmeichel leaving and Vardy’s pay cut.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

I’m not questioning you, I’m questioning the club’s decision. Personally think financially that makes no sense, especially with the player leaving on a free and the replacement will cost money, plus a decent amount in wages anyway. 8 million is 160k a week, not the biggest stretch with Schmeichel leaving and Vardy’s pay cut.

The main problem is pay competition. Youri is a high profile player and they tend to command high salaries, Grealish 250 grand a week for instance. If we pay him what he wants , our other players will be pushing for more. It never ends.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

The main problem is pay competition. Youri is a high profile player and they tend to command high salaries, Grealish 250 grand a week for instance. If we pay him what he wants , our other players will be pushing for more. It never ends.

It’s true,  but don’t you always need to make exceptions for high quality players? It’s debatable if he is that still, but he is not old yet and has potentially high resale value after such a contract

?

Sorry, I get narked by everything being dumped at Rodgers door, and as much as I would like him to go and give us a ‘new feel’, I don’t think it’s needed to essentially blame him for everything, which I thought you were doing, my bad if not 

• Thanks 2

Yes, that certainly could be an issue, probably why Soyuncu has never signed a contract. Heard he was on less than Amartey. However, Tielemans and Maddison are surely considered top of the pay tree, despite quick judgements from the last game, Youri has been rather good this season. Although, if we’re taking a stance/limit on pay, then I am fully behind that, I just hope it doesn’t limit us in getting a good replacement.

58 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sorry, I get narked by everything being dumped at Rodgers door, and as much as I would like him to go and give us a ‘new feel’, I don’t think it’s needed to essentially blame him for everything, which I thought you were doing, my bad if not 

OK fine, its not a criticism of Rodgers , he and his agent did a good job.Whatever you say about him , he is a first class businessman.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

The no-show stadium expansion for starters. The club has been strangled by its pay bill , starting with Rodgers.

That's not evidence of that, unless you expected them to start it prior to permission being given? We also flirted and perhaps still will flirt with relegation, which is as good a reason to delay things. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

OK fine, its not a criticism of Rodgers , he and his agent did a good job.Whatever you say about him , he is a first class businessman.

Not sure quoting a potential holistic problem as relevant to what was under discussion is a valid argument to be fair, but hey ho.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Will bet good money they get neither

Theyve tried to pinch maddison and Rodgers. Fair to say the club don't like Newcastle.

As good as he is I think replacing him with a more mobile box to box player will be more beneficial for the team. 

He is quality on the ball and when on form dictates our play. His lack of pace and the fact he always looks shattered after 30 mins is his biggest problem. 

Our squad is going to need a huge amount of work over the next 12 months. Replacing him with the correct type of player won’t be easy. 

30 minutes ago, tetly said:

As good as he is I think replacing him with a more mobile box to box player will be more beneficial for the team. 

He is quality on the ball and when on form dictates our play. His lack of pace and the fact he always looks shattered after 30 mins is his biggest problem. 

Our squad is going to need a huge amount of work over the next 12 months. Replacing him with the correct type of player won’t be easy. 

Yep, he sometimes looks knackered but he has played about 500 games in his career , which for a 25 y.o. these days is extraordinary. He puts in 90 minutes most of the time as well.