Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

14 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Scored the FA Cup winner and then downs tools.  I'm not overly impressed and my final farewell will be muted.

I’ve got to be honest I feel the same, although we are probably over reacting a tad. 

Wasn’t particularly surprised nor disappointed when I saw the news. 

2 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

He form is totally down to him, perhaps he is only going through the motions

....this might just take off any concerns that he had keeping his decision to himself!!!

Always felt that he would be here for a considerable time, this seems like the right place for him to be. Lets hope he now feels like he can express himself on the pitch, he has nothing to lose.

It's no criticism of KDH as he has his own qualities, but I'd be disappointed if he was the Tielemans replacement.

Players like Youri are those who elevated us above the mid table also rans, and that extra quality he possesses is not easy for a club like us to replace.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

Arsenal fan zone are reckoning he will be available for £35mn becuase of his limited contract. That'd be similar to the Kante fire sale to Chelski but that was on an release clause so I recon it'll be more line £45mn. He has shown his mind is elsewhere so best gone.

Either he goes abroad or we stick him in the 23s and rob him of a year of his career. I'd rather have a year of delicious spite and lose him for nothing than sell another 100m player for next to nothing to a cvnt club in this country again.

Edited by ealingfox

8 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

He's not been on it this season but something tells me we might just miss our most talented player. 

No I agree but my point is that we’ve already been missing him this season because of his drop in levels from the previous standard he set. 

Come summertime it’ll be at a point where we’ll just be glad to be getting a fee for him. 

• Like 3

He's been poor in a couple of recent games but overall he's still had a good season. Only halfway through the season he already has 7 goals/assists (only Vardy and Maddison have more for us), despite playing in a deep lying role. He also has the most key passes per game for us. Some don't pay much attention to stuff like this but on Whoscored he has the highest rating of any Leicester player for his performances this season, taking account of a range of metrics. Anyway, I, for one, will miss him a lot when he goes. Rolls Royce of a player. 

• Like 4

Annoyed with Youri that he didn’t sign a contract with a release clause like Grealish did. 

We’ve got history for being a club that let’s players go to bigger clubs, and one reason why younger players are happy to move to us. 

He and his agent have handled it badly, it’s having a destabilising effect on the club and this leak is poorly timed. 

But an amazing player and one of our best ever with the FA Cup winner the highlight. Hope he goes to a top club abroad like Juventus rather than a PL rival. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Annoyed with Youri that he didn’t sign a contract with a release clause like Grealish did. 

We’ve got history for being a club that let’s players go to bigger clubs, and one reason why younger players are happy to move to us. 

He and his agent have handled it badly, it’s having a destabilising effect on the club and this leak is poorly timed. 

But an amazing player and one of our best ever with the FA Cup winner the highlight. Hope he goes to a top club abroad like Juventus rather than a PL rival. 

Its going to be Man Utd. It’ll be the same as the summer we signed him when he was waiting to see what happened with Pogba. We’ll be in for a repeat of that situation. 

14 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

He could have signed a new deal and got more money out of us whilst wanting to leave but he hasn’t! If we’d got champions league he’d of signed

Also a shame he's clearly had this on his mind for all season and it's impacted his form. 

I'll remember him for before this season as this one is a write off. 

He's had a part in us not being able to hit top form. Not the only one to influence it, but definitely contributed to it, sadly. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

He could have signed a new deal and got more money out of us whilst wanting to leave but he hasn’t! If we’d got champions league he’d of signed

That’s the point, both he and the club would have benefited financially from a new contract. I guess he concluded he didn’t want to take the chance that we might not let him go which is disappointing, given we have form for keeping our promises.  

Yep, he would have signed if we’d got CL. We might have had half a chance of keeping him if we got CL football this season but obviously that won’t happen.