Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

14 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

Thought he’d already gone

Rankles with me that we couldn’t even get an extra year (rather than signing a new 4 or 5 year deal) to protect his value as had been rumoured last summer. It’s why I’ll never understand Maguire getting any stick, signed a contract and we ended up with a pretty sweet. Tielemans barely wanted to be here in the first place. 

IMO I think the club desperately tried to get him to sign a 5y deal but Tielemans was adamant it would only be a 4y deal just to protect himself. For top up and coming players Leicester is never their intended final destination. 

If he had signed a 5y deal then the club could play hardball this summer demanding £60m+ and keep him here an extra year against his wishes. Now the club's hand is very much weakened which only favours Tielemans which is why we'll let him go for around what he cost us in the summer.

End of an era as we had a fabulous team when we signed him which had 10 players we would struggle to improve on and just needed that RW to complete the first XI.

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

IMO I think the club desperately tried to get him to sign a 5y deal but Tielemans was adamant it would only be a 4y deal just to protect himself. For top up and coming players Leicester is never their intended final destination. 

If he had signed a 5y deal then the club could play hardball this summer demanding £60m+ and keep him here an extra year against his wishes. Now the club's hand is very much weakened which only favours Tielemans which is why we'll let him go for around what he cost us in the summer.

End of an era as we had a fabulous team when we signed him which had 10 players we would struggle to improve on and just needed that RW to complete the first XI.

I don't blame Youri, when we didn't get top 4 he still didn't demand a move, he wanted to see how we reinforced  and whether we could challenge again.

We've failed on both so why should he sign? 

I'm not too worried about him going spurs, utd, arsenal though as I think it'll be a few seasons before we sort ourselves out. 

I think we should aim at surviving in the premier league, develop the stadium (I don't think we're going far enough with that), and invest heavily in the side in a few years, hopefully we'll have youngsters coming through to compliment the squad 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I would only use him from the bench now. Let’s get KDH playing regularly, no point in giving Youri game time now if he’s off. Plus it means Wilf, KDH and Soumare can start to forge a relationship. 

I think we need to secure our PL position before we do that. We could easily get dragged into the scrap at the bottom on current form and given the improvement several of the strugglers are showing. 

• Like 1

Don't really get the upset around this. He wants to play champions league football with a big club. You can't begrudge him that. Hopefully we sell him to a European team like Bayern.

In the meantime, he's still one of our best players. So get him on form, now this distraction is over, and play him so that he and we can finish as strong as possible. I'm sure he'll want to end his time with us as successful as possible.

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I think we need to secure our PL position before we do that. We could easily get dragged into the scrap at the bottom on current form and given the improvement several of the strugglers are showing. 

Nah, we won’t get dragged into a relegation scrap. Youri looks like he’s given up to me anyway, his performances have ****ed off along with his mindset. Literally no point in playing a want away player week in week out. Play KDH regularly, and it could save us some cashola in the summer! Plus KDH wants it, Youri doesn’t anymore. He’s a legend, I love him but the squad comes first and he needs to be given a reserved role now in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Can’t blame the bloke, we’re only going one way at the moment.

One of the best players to don the shirt on his day, and he gave us the moment our clubs been waiting for over a century. 

22 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

He hasn't looked like helping us do that all season. He simply doesn't deserve to start on form, regardless of whether we want to "blood the kids" or not.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Either he goes abroad or we stick him in the 23s and rob him of a year of his career. I'd rather have a year of delicious spite and lose him for nothing than sell another 100m player for next to nothing to a cvnt club in this country again.

Just as well you're not in charge of the club then as your policy of willingly flushing money down the toilet will get us relegated sooner rather than later.

We've not progressed alongside Tielemans so we have to take our medicine. Maybe if we got CL the last two seasons we would have progressed and he would have signed up. Now we have to face reality and sell him for the best price we can rather than have a tantrum and cut our nose to spite our face.

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, kyleolly said:

We rescued him from Monaco he's done well and he'll go to one of the big boys and be a small fish in a big pond when he first signed for us I saw him and spoke to him in the highcross and he came across so humble oh well we will move on

I spoke to Cambiasso also in the Highcross soon after signing for us. He came across incredibly humble too. What a player for us! But, seasons come and go, as do the players. As you say, Leicester City will always move on, hopefully onwards and upwards too👍 

6 hours ago, splinterdream said:

I don't blame Youri, when we didn't get top 4 he still didn't demand a move, he wanted to see how we reinforced  and whether we could challenge again.

We've failed on both so why should he sign? 

I'm not too worried about him going spurs, utd, arsenal though as I think it'll be a few seasons before we sort ourselves out. 

I think we should aim at surviving in the premier league, develop the stadium (I don't think we're going far enough with that), and invest heavily in the side in a few years, hopefully we'll have youngsters coming through to compliment the squad 

Unlike some I Dont see Our achievement of 2 x 5th has failures...

But you Contract yourself...if "we" failed....wasnt he exactly  part of that Team & the midfield power, that Client quite get over the line..

Ist ne One if Not the star not performing....

I Dont Chase individuals like many Enjoy on here ,After a game day is over ( ones-jerk emotions exceptions) But he also has to be Part responsible for our turgid Performances..  

I like and rate Tielemans & would Welcome him staying...and Build around him, Maddison & KDH...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Well, blow me down with a feather. 

We all knew it was coming. The club would've known and they should be at least two years into scouting a suitable replacement. The last thing we need is to be scrambling around for a player in the summer only to end up with Rodgers indulging in his Southampton fetish and bringing in some dross from the south coast. 

What like ward-prowse God forbid!!! 😲🙃

• Like 1

12 hours ago, StanSP said:

Not in the least not surprised. 

Destined for bigger and better things. 

Just hope we get a good fee for him.

Agree, really dissapointed with the news but I'd say if we get 50mil+ (because of his contract) then I'd be relatively happy

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Unlike some I Dont see Our achievement of 2 x 5th has failures...

But you Contract yourself...if "we" failed....wasnt he exactly  part of that Team & the midfield power, that Client quite get over the line..

Ist ne One if Not the star not performing....

I Dont Chase individuals like many Enjoy on here ,After a game day is over ( ones-jerk emotions exceptions) But he also has to be Part responsible for our turgid Performances..  

I like and rate Tielemans & would Welcome him staying...and Build around him, Maddison & KDH...

Not sure you fully understood the post. I've said that we failed to reinforce to a level we could challenge for top 4 (we failed to properly better the side, and we failed to challenge for top 4). It's clear he's an ambitious player and if we'd have demonstrated we could fulfil his ambitions I think he'd have signed, but we failed to do so.

I didn't say reaching 5th was a failure, youri believes he's a better player than being in a team that isn't going to challenge for 4th  that's why he wants the move.

• Like 4

I've got no real ill feeling with him, should I have? I think he's a bit of a luxury on the pitch and that's the case even at his best but he's been one worth having. At the end of the day this place is full of blasting of the team and situation we're in so you can hardly blame a player of his talent for wanting to play at a higher level when everybody knows he's capable.

5 hours ago, Ely fox said:

Talk about only £35 million today. That would be an absolute bargain for a 24 year old 

it would - but with only a year left it makes it tough.  I’m sure there are a couple clubs interested which would usually drive the price a little but the player may be stating that he will only leave for one of them and if we don’t take €40m then he’ll see out his final year and go for nothing. The club may have called his bluff on that which could explain his recent level of performance.  In turn, that may explain why we’ve seen stories that we’re prepared to take €40m.  

5 hours ago, Ely fox said:

Clubs aren’t spending a lot now it seems the amounts clubs are buying players for are decreasing so how much would Soyuncu sell for if Tielemans sold for £35 , 000 , 000?

We will be v lucky to get out money back on him, given how he’s playing and that he may well not play that much between now and the summer. 

• Like 3