Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

38 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I don’t resent the guy but I’m not going to laude him either. Of course he’s been a great player for us and been involved in a significant part of our history but a the end of the day he doesn’t want to be here anymore; Maguire didn’t want to be here anymore and we ridiculed him for that. I wouldn’t be too bothered if we didn’t play Youri as a starter again for the rest of the season and we focus on giving players such as Soumare some minutes (even though he has been mediocre) to try and get him more up to speed.  Thanks for everything but we have to move on. 

Couldn't agree more. Thanks for the memories but no player is bigger than the club. If he is not performing then it's time to give somebody else, who is committed, a chance. I have seen little from him to convince me he is totally committed to LCFC.  We should expect more from a player of his calibre. At the moment he is being outshone by KDH. That's where our future lies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, oldbluefox said:

Couldn't agree more. Thanks for the memories but no player is bigger than the club. If he is not performing then it's time to give somebody else, who is committed, a chance. I have seen little from him to convince me he is totally committed to LCFC.  We should expect more from a player of his calibre. At the moment he is being outshone by KDH. That's where our future lies.

The problem with that scenario is if he does not play, then he value to LCFC goes down. However if he plays his socks off, then higher bids will come in. It is a simple choice.

• Like 1

Youri will still play. 

We’ve still got to get:

A) A bid that we deem acceptable.

B) A bid from a club that Youri wants to join. 

The likes of West Ham, Spurs etc would be sideways move at this point. 

He wants to play in the Champions League. That does narrow down the potential suitors. 

1 hour ago, Fox1norfolk said:

The problem with that scenario is if he does not play, then he value to LCFC goes down. However if he plays his socks off, then higher bids will come in. It is a simple choice.

This is becoming less and less relevant, once it is clear he is not resigning, the his value is becoming largely set at what we paid. He has not been consistent enough to warrant this bidding war we would love, he is just not desirable enough and he cannot reverse that trend inside 3-4 months.

1 hour ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Why do you think Paris has more attractions than Leicester

....bit of a strange question!!!

He is not staying at Leicester so that makes that question moot. It would be good to see him at PSG, pace wise and technically it would suit and with all their talent flair and money they still fall short of being the best.

It is sad that he has allowed the Monaco situation to arise here and that is my biggest disappointment with him. Inconsistent, failure to hold the team together when it needs a steading hand and sumptuous football at times.

A bit of an enigma, when all is said and done.

13 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Not sure you fully understood the post. I've said that we failed to reinforce to a level we could challenge for top 4 (we failed to properly better the side, and we failed to challenge for top 4). It's clear he's an ambitious player and if we'd have demonstrated we could fulfil his ambitions I think he'd have signed, but we failed to do so.

I didn't say reaching 5th was a failure, youri believes he's a better player than being in a team that isn't going to challenge for 4th  that's why he wants the move.

Fair dues ..

But, let me say how Madison fought to find form, Tielemans ( also Ndidi) performances has helped us to lose the middle of the Park,this season..

Would be buyers, might see his positives,but like Monaco he has periods where he drifts out of games for long periods in a game & over more games..

Top clubs will register these drop offs..

Understand me I still think he has a lot to offer..but I reckon if he goes to Spain/Italy he will get lost & play less..

Stays in the PL.Man.city,Liverpool ,even Arsenal,he will be a short-time name unless he proves he has more in the locker....

In all honesty & if I want to do him a favour,I would tell him to stay at Leicester,make a bigger name,by dragging himself & his team into a competitive consistent top 3-6 PL&  European team.

Legend status, money , career stability with highs will come , as a normal process..

For us he can stay top notch,but sorry I can't see him even doing an Macallister, or even higher Lineker, or Kante..!

Obviously for any player, it's the challenge itself..Then Agent BS & pressure...

15 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Fair dues ..

But, let me say how Madison fought to find form, Tielemans ( also Ndidi) performances has helped us to lose the middle of the Park,this season..

Would be buyers, might see his positives,but like Monaco he has periods where he drifts out of games for long periods in a game & over more games..

Top clubs will register these drop offs..

Understand me I still think he has a lot to offer..but I reckon if he goes to Spain/Italy he will get lost & play less..

Stays in the PL.Man.city,Liverpool ,even Arsenal,he will be a short-time name unless he proves he has more in the locker....

In all honesty & if I want to do him a favour,I would tell him to stay at Leicester,make a bigger name,by dragging himself & his team into a competitive consistent top 3-6 PL&  European team.

Legend status, money , career stability with highs will come , as a normal process..

For us he can stay top notch,but sorry I can't see him even doing an Macallister, or even higher Lineker, or Kante..!

Obviously for any player, it's the challenge itself..Then Agent BS & pressure...

I think you're right ️ 

On 13/02/2022 at 09:22, davieG said:

West Ham United are eyeing an audacious move for Leicester City star Youri Tielemans amid question marks over his future with the Foxes.

That’s according to 90Min, who claim that West Ham are keen on luring Tielemans to East London at the end of the season.

It’s stated that Tielemans isn’t interested in renewing his contract with Leicester and his representatives are making that stance clear.

Leicester paid £32million to sign Tielemans in 2019 and would now allegedly want £40million for the Belgian, who can leave for nothing in 18 months.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2022/02/13/youri-tielemans-arsenal-west-ham-newcastle-leicester-transfer/

Good for them.

If they get top 4, coupled with the Declan Rice money they're going to get this summer then I think they could definitely afford him and his wages and I think he and Soucek would form a strong partnership.

I just think Tielemans wouldn't sign for West Ham for the same reasons he won't sign for us.

Edited by AKCJ

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Good for them.

If they get top 4, coupled with the Declan Rice money they're going to get this summer then I think they could definitely afford him and his wages and I think he and Soucek would form a strong partnership.

I just think Tielemans wouldn't sign for West Ham for the same reasons he won't sign for us.

Just more bo**ocks from the dildo twins’ rumour dept trying to fool the fans into thinking they have ambition beyond lining their own pockets at the club’s expense 

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Tielemans probably hasn't turned down a contract, but waiting to see if there is any serious interest this summer. 

Then he needs to start putting in more performances like yesterday then instead of the indifference he's shown over the last few months. 

Guest Col city fan

Such a shame that so many would seemingly be happy to see Tielemans leave and be left with some of the rubbish we have currently at the club.

When he does go, I’ll look back on his time here and consider him one of the best midfield play-makers we’ve had in all the years I’ve been watching City.

I think he’s by far the most talented player we have at the club now, together with Vardy.

Just now, Col city fan said:

Such a shame that so many would seemingly be happy to see Tielemans leave and be left with some of the rubbish we have currently at the club.

When he does go, I’ll look back on his time here and consider him one of the best midfield play-makers we’ve had in all the years I’ve been watching City.

I think he’s by far the most talented player we have at the club now, together with Vardy.

He is indeed the most talented individually but his brilliance is fleeting and if he wants to be world class he has to be far more consistent. We get 100% one match and 25% for the next two or three. If he gave us 75 to 80 most matches , he would be rated more highly and we would perform better as a team.