Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Guest Col city fan
18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

He is indeed the most talented individually but his brilliance is fleeting and if he wants to be world class he has to be far more consistent. We get 100% one match and 25% for the next two or three. If he gave us 75 to 80 most matches , he would be rated more highly and we would perform better as a team.

I agree and have said the same for ages

I also think if he’s in a really good side, he‘ll develop into one of the best CM’s in the world.

He must be frustrated at the moment playing alongside the likes of Amartey, Soyuncu, Vestergaard, Perez, Soumare et al

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I also think if he’s in a really good side, he‘ll develop into one of the best CM’s in the world.

He must be frustrated at the moment playing alongside the likes of Amartey, Soyuncu, Vestergaard, Perez, Soumare et al

We know he is a class above the rest of the team bar Vardy . But you know as frustrating as that must be he shouldn't let his own standards drop.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Such a shame that so many would seemingly be happy to see Tielemans leave and be left with some of the rubbish we have currently at the club.

When he does go, I’ll look back on his time here and consider him one of the best midfield play-makers we’ve had in all the years I’ve been watching City.

I think he’s by far the most talented player we have at the club now, together with Vardy.

Almost up there with Cambiasso. :ph34r:

Seriously though, yes we'll miss Tielemans when he's gone but hoping we can get a decent replacement in and I have high hopes for KDH too.

Romano talks about Youri @ 7.45. 

Maintains that his sources have advised that Youri 100% won't be signing a new deal and Leicester will be looking to get 45-50mill for him. A lot of interest from Spanish clubs

30 minutes ago, turlo said:

Maintains that his sources have advised that Youri 100% won't be signing a new deal and Leicester will be looking to get 45-50mill for him. A lot of interest from Spanish clubs

I’d be happy with that. Mainly the no longer being in the PL bit

2 hours ago, turlo said:

I would gladly take a slightly lower fee from a non-Prem side, think the club had a similar stance when Mahrez was looking to leave

As long as they don’t massively lowball us like Roma tried

Guest Chocolate Teapot
25 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I would gladly take a slightly lower fee from a non-Prem side, think the club had a similar stance when Mahrez was looking to leave

As long as they don’t massively lowball us like Roma tried

Did they!?

45 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Did they!?

I am sure it was reported a bit more widely at the time but I could be thinking of another player haha (4 years ago since that saga with Mahrez!)

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3377075/leicester-will-only-sell-riyad-mahrez-to-a-non-premier-league-club-source

I would still gladly take a slightly lower fee from Madrid, Bayern, Juve etc. so he doesn’t have to break my heart scoring a 30 yarder against us for another Prem team haha

Edited by moore_94

Guest Chocolate Teapot
48 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I am sure it was reported a bit more widely at the time but I could be thinking of another player haha (4 years ago since that saga with Mahrez!)

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3377075/leicester-will-only-sell-riyad-mahrez-to-a-non-premier-league-club-source

I would still gladly take a slightly lower fee from Madrid, Bayern, Juve etc. so he doesn’t have to break my heart scoring a 30 yarder against us for another Prem team haha

I'd be very suprised by that as we know uk clubs will pay more and we can use that money abroad more smartly. The article you posted turned out to be false so I tend not to believe its the case. Agree with the principle but when it's pure finance I reckon the club will be happy for the cash.

23 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Such a shame that so many would seemingly be happy to see Tielemans leave and be left with some of the rubbish we have currently at the club.

When he does go, I’ll look back on his time here and consider him one of the best midfield play-makers we’ve had in all the years I’ve been watching City.

I think he’s by far the most talented player we have at the club now, together with Vardy.

23 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He is indeed the most talented individually but his brilliance is fleeting and if he wants to be world class he has to be far more consistent. We get 100% one match and 25% for the next two or three. If he gave us 75 to 80 most matches , he would be rated more highly and we would perform better as a team.

23 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I haven't seen a single poster 'happy' to see him leave. The closest to it is the odd, daftly indignant 'if he's not trying he can **** off' stuff

You've agreed yourself with the reason a lot of people aren't going to hugely upset if he leaves (and this on top of the fact that we've had plenty of time to get used to the idea).

Unlike Vardy (for whom no realistic price would have made his leaving less than awful), I've got to be honest and say with Youri I'll range from wallowing for quite sometime somewhere around 'really quite upset' if we get less than 30 million for him, to very quickly moving on from the sadness to wondering how we're going to waste all that dosh if we get north of 50 million.

In the meantime, more of Sunday's level of performance would be great whatever happens

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I haven't seen a single poster 'happy' to see him leave. The closest to it is the odd, daftly indignant 'if he's not trying he can **** off' stuff

You've agreed yourself with the reason a lot of people aren't going to hugely upset if he leaves (and this on top of the fact that we've had plenty of time to get used to the idea).

Unlike Vardy (for whom no realistic price would have made his leaving less than awful), I've got to be honest and say with Youri I'll range from wallowing for quite sometime somewhere around 'really quite upset' if we get less than 30 million for him, to very quickly moving on from the sadness to wondering how we're going to waste all that dosh if we get north of 50 million.

In the meantime, more of Sunday's level of performance would be great whatever happens

Surely Southampton have some defenders they want to offload for a sizeable fee. 50 mill up in the air - done and dusted!

51 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, davieG said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/i-will-study-options-summer-leicester-star-says-no-decision-yet-future-talks-ongoing-foxes/

Ahead of the Conference League tie against Rennes on Thursday, Het Belang van Limburg interviewed the Belgium international, where he stressed winning this competition is important for Leicester, but he was also quizzed about the reports linking him to other clubs.

“I try not to think about it much and focus on my own performance, it works well. But it’s actually amazing how much they talk about my future. Every day they name a different club,” he said.

“I have the feeling that people think that after this season I will be out of contract, when I still have one year left. I feel good here, I like living here, my children go to school here. I am happy both outside and inside football. And Leicester have ambition…”

When asked if he’s not expected to leave in the summer, the player explained: “I am very calm about that. My contract expires in 2023 and it’s not that I absolutely want to leave.”

“I haven’t made my decision yet. If I have to stay another year, I will gladly do so. The club has been really great towards me. They remain very professional, just like me. That will not change.”

Earlier reports indicated the former AS Monaco man had turned down Leicester’s renewal offer, but Tielemans said: “(shrugs) There are talks between the club and my Let’s Play advisors. That will remain so. It’s not that I’m ignoring the club.”

“I will study my options in the summer and make a decision. My family is the most important to me. I’m not going somewhere where I know my family isn’t happy. As a father of two children, you have to think about that too.”

sounds like he's going to run down his contract

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, surrifox said:

could probably accept that if it means we get him for all of next season which allows some succession planning for his predecessor. 

19 hours ago, Jabfox said:

could probably accept that if it means we get him for all of next season which allows some succession planning for his predecessor. 

We've had plenty of time to succession plan (although not for his predecessor - entropy and all that). 

Getting him for all next season is only a major positive If he plays like he did last season. That's obviously possible, but is it likely? Another season like this one and we'll look back (again) at a chance lost to generate a significant chunk of cash.

There's always a transfer fee this summer that flips the argument into 'OK, we have to take that' territory. Mine would be £40 million, but I wouldn't be losing much sleep if we got £30 million. I'd love to know other people's number (however unlikely it might be we'd get it)

• Like 2

On 15/02/2022 at 07:09, turlo said:

This is definitely the best case scenario if he was to leave.

19 hours ago, surrifox said:

I don’t think we will let him.

He won’t turn down any of the Spanish. If clubs and if there is someone who’ will allow his family to stay where they are , he won’t be against staying in the prem either.

18 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

We've had plenty of time to succession plan (although not for his predecessor - entropy and all that). 

Getting him for all next season is only a major positive If he plays like he did last season. That's obviously possible, but is it likely? Another season like this one and we'll look back (again) at a chance lost to generate a significant chunk of cash.

There's always a transfer fee this summer that flips the argument into 'OK, we have to take that' territory. Mine would be £40 million, but I wouldn't be losing much sleep if we got £30 million. I'd love to know other people's number (however unlikely it might be we'd get it)

Yeah fair comment at the end of the day the club operates as a business and Youri is an asset to the business worth 40+ million imo, so it would not be great to let him go on a free, but if he could replicate his best form for us and have a good season could be the difference between 9th and 6th for example. tough one isn't it!  

21 hours ago, davieG said:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/i-will-study-options-summer-leicester-star-says-no-decision-yet-future-talks-ongoing-foxes/

Ahead of the Conference League tie against Rennes on Thursday, Het Belang van Limburg interviewed the Belgium international, where he stressed winning this competition is important for Leicester, but he was also quizzed about the reports linking him to other clubs.

“I try not to think about it much and focus on my own performance, it works well. But it’s actually amazing how much they talk about my future. Every day they name a different club,” he said.

“I have the feeling that people think that after this season I will be out of contract, when I still have one year left. I feel good here, I like living here, my children go to school here. I am happy both outside and inside football. And Leicester have ambition…”

When asked if he’s not expected to leave in the summer, the player explained: “I am very calm about that. My contract expires in 2023 and it’s not that I absolutely want to leave.”

“I haven’t made my decision yet. If I have to stay another year, I will gladly do so. The club has been really great towards me. They remain very professional, just like me. That will not change.”

Earlier reports indicated the former AS Monaco man had turned down Leicester’s renewal offer, but Tielemans said: “(shrugs) There are talks between the club and my Let’s Play advisors. That will remain so. It’s not that I’m ignoring the club.”

“I will study my options in the summer and make a decision. My family is the most important to me. I’m not going somewhere where I know my family isn’t happy. As a father of two children, you have to think about that too.”

Love the bloke and clearly got a good head on his shoulders. But think if he isn’t going to sign an extension, which is his prerogative. Then we have to look to sell him this summer for the best interests of the club. Otherwise that’s c. £40m we’re missing out on, which we can’t afford. 

54 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Yeah fair comment at the end of the day the club operates as a business and Youri is an asset to the business worth 40+ million imo, so it would not be great to let him go on a free, but if he could replicate his best form for us and have a good season could be the difference between 9th and 6th for example. tough one isn't it!  

.between 9th and 6th is worth about £6m!!!

So give up £40m to gain £6m, not exactly a good business move. Any monies from Europe would offset this but a bit pointless gambling when there is £40m on the table.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jabfox said:

When you put it like that, It's not really that tough a call!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.between 9th and 6th is worth about £6m!!!

So give up £40m to gain £6m, not exactly a good business move. Any monies from Europe would offset this but a bit pointless gambling when there is £40m on the table.

yeah agreed mate. Just love seeing players of his calibre playing for us