Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

2 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Love the bloke and clearly got a good head on his shoulders. But think if he isn’t going to sign an extension, which is his prerogative. Then we have to look to sell him this summer for the best interests of the club. Otherwise that’s c. £40m we’re missing out on, which we can’t afford. 

Agreed, but that depends on receiving an offer from a club that he actually wants to join. If none of his favoured clubs come in for him, there will be nothing stopping him from running his contract down. It sounds like he's perfectly happy to do this.

Edited by ClaphamFox

On 17/03/2022 at 16:09, Jabfox said:

could probably accept that if it means we get him for all of next season which allows some succession planning for his predecessor. 

Not if the club misses out on possibly 30- 40 mil and next season sees a continuation of his recent indifferent form. Bosman has a lot to answer for with agents dictating proceedings to the detriment of clubs of our stature.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jerry said:

Not if the club misses out on possibly 30- 40 mil and next season sees a continuation of his recent indifferent form. Bosman has a lot to answer for with agents dictating proceedings to the detriment of clubs of our stature.

It's for every club..not just us. 

Plenty of 'bigger' clubs with players running contracts down..mbappe, rudiger, pogba, dybala, dembele.

Dounaroumma, alaba, depay,  wijnaldum did it last season 

Edited by slymunn
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I am not sure about that. Footballers were once bought and sold like cattle. A contract is freely signed by the club and if he chooses to see it out that is his decision. What he is not entitled to do is not give the best he can every time he is selected and there is some evidence of that at the moment.

Part of me wishes this was true, as it would point to a fairly simple remedy for his prolonged dip in 'output'. 

But it doesn't seem true to me. What evidence is there that it is?

4 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Part of me wishes this was true, as it would point to a fairly simple remedy for his prolonged dip in 'output'. 

We all know Youri's ability but he has lost his edge recently and as far as we know he is not carrying an injury. Maybe its just a blip but he needs to shape up quickly for the sake of his reputation. If we are going to end the season playing well, we need his considerable skills to contribute to that.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2022 at 16:47, surrifox said:

sounds like he's going to run down his contract

Sounds like he knows what he has, & is Not desperate for a move...& refuses to accept the clickbait..

but also accepts the Disinformation over his future is inevitable..

Plus a Player that ' does Care about his family'..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

We all know Youri's ability but he has lost his edge recently and as far as we know he is not carrying an injury. Maybe its just a blip but he needs to shape up quickly for the sake of his reputation. If we are going to end the season playing well, we need his considerable skills to contribute to that.

This is just correlation/causation stuff, not 'evidence' of a lack of effort. 

We all known his ability when given time on the ball. This season it seems the majority of  opposition managers are intent on not letting have any.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turtmcfly said:

We all known his ability when given time on the ball. This season it seems the majority of  opposition managers are intent on not letting have any.

I have said before he should watch videos of how Pirlo shielded the ball. Of course teams are going to press him hard but if you are not blessed with pace you have to use your body more to retain possession. It was a bastard trying to get the ball off Pirlo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I'm a bit over this. I wish him well. But time to move on fella. The uncertainty doesn't help anything. Hope he goes early in the summer so the rebuild can start quickly. Don't want him loitering about into mid Aug and the future replacement not signed. 

Not meaning to be contradictive, But isn t this a players Business has usual...

And you Opening up on how it is...because how you want it...

He & club, would have their preferences, But him or any player & club, will Not be thinking...I cant organize anything, because it Ruins my/our summer

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Not meaning to be contradictive, But isn t this a players Business has usual...

And you Opening up on how it is...because how you want it...

He & club, would have their preferences, But him or any player & club, will Not be thinking...I cant organize anything, because it Ruins my/our summer

There's a lot of club finance tied into Youri. So until his future is truly cemented. I think the club can't over commit in the transfer market. So I repeat again. Love you Youri, but if you aren't signing, trot on please. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I have said before he should watch videos of how Pirlo shielded the ball. Of course teams are going to press him hard but if you are not blessed with pace you have to use your body more to retain possession. It was a bastard trying to get the ball off Pirlo.

Easier to do that on the continent…… referees let more go here. 90% of the time in France or Italy you shield the ball and fall to the floor = free kick 

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Easier to do that on the continent…… referees let more go here. 90% of the time in France or Italy you shield the ball and fall to the floor = free kick 

Trouble is free kicks if not taken quickly allow the opposition defense to reset. Hold the ball up , slip it to a teammate, move into space and take the return and then make the decisive pass. Pirlo's thirty yard passes were even better than Beckham's.

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

There's a lot of club finance tied into Youri. So until his future is truly cemented. I think the club can't over commit in the transfer market. So I repeat again. Love you Youri, but if you aren't signing, trot on please. 

But I can Accept slot of various opinions..But the way he wants to handle this side of the business ha

fk- all to do with the fans..

Worst of all it makes a player Again ,from a single fan no matter how many times you say you love him..that he is an ungratefull unrespecting bar-steward..though he is handling this issue ,proffessionally and respectingly

In everyway towards the club.

Mean FFS.we have had some poor characters as players, but 2 ..

Maguire & Tielemans, did everything right..and still get lambasted, because of individual fans preferences..

No I am sorry. It's simply unfair..,,!!

In everyway you chose ..

Business in this wild footballing world can be so cynical

But Tielemans behaviour,despite fans

Individual ,egoistic preverences

as been exemplary on this issue..

And if he does end up staying..what an

hero you are...

In life things, runs in many weird ways

but being just negative on this normal issue...:dunno:

• Like 1

On 18/03/2022 at 18:23, turtmcfly said:

Probably his incredibly low work rate compared with his midfield counterparts recently. 

On 18/03/2022 at 18:50, turtmcfly said:

The evidence is right in front of your eyes. His gentle meandering from side to side and low work rate compared to his busting a gut work rate of his midfield counterparts is clearly evident. He seems to think by merely pointing his finger and shouting at team-mates he appears to be orchestrating the midfield, he's not, it's a con. He's not worth his place in the team at the moment which is quite sad. We need the 40m in the summer to reinvest and hope upon hope he just doesn't string it out for another year. If he insists on that he needs benching.

5 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

The evidence is right in front of your eyes. His gentle meandering from side to side and low work rate compared to his busting a gut work rate of his midfield counterparts is clearly evident. He seems to think by merely pointing his finger and shouting at team-mates he appears to be orchestrating the midfield, he's not, it's a con. He's not worth his place in the team at the moment which is quite sad. We need the 40m in the summer to reinvest and hope upon hope he just doesn't string it out for another year. If he insists on that he needs benching.

... it takes you right back to his time at Monaco!!!

The supporters frustration with his lack of application and poor play. Why would he choose to replicate the same thing at a club that has taken him to their hearts.

If he wants to run down his contract then he is entitled to do so, the contract works for both parties. Just do not go out onto the field and go through the motions and let players cover your workload, and then point a finger at others, for failing to remedy another one of your mistakes.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Not buying he just trots about not caring, he always tries to get the fans going, sometimes he looks absolutely knackered but he's been through stages of looking like that since we signed him. He celebrates a goal and is upset with conceding as much if not more than anyone else here. He's a bit off the boil and he's puffing a bit but nothing indicates he's given up or isn't trying and to state otherwise is majorly disrespectful to Youris professionalism and commitment. 

Unfortunately his now getting the Maddison treatment, people need to realise players aren't robots.

Form is temporary class is permanent.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Not buying he just trots about not caring, he always tries to get the fans going, sometimes he looks absolutely knackered but he's been through stages of looking like that since we signed him. He celebrates a goal and is upset with conceding as much if not more than anyone else here. He's a bit off the boil and he's puffing a bit but nothing indicates he's given up or isn't trying and to state otherwise is majorly disrespectful to Youris professionalism and commitment. 

Absolutely - plus with regards to the absolutely knackered, I think I remember reading that he has played the most top flight minutes of any footballer his age in the world - and it isn't even close.

1 hour ago, -sodapop said:

Absolutely - plus with regards to the absolutely knackered, I think I remember reading that he has played the most top flight minutes of any footballer his age in the world - and it isn't even close.

I have wondered about this before, players that start playing professional football at a younger age often burn out/ retire earlier compared with others Eg. Rooney hasn’t played top flight football in almost 5 years, yet is only a year older than our very own Jamie Vardy.

Given Youri has been playing regularly since the age of 16, maybe it’s not the worst idea to sell him whilst we can get some money back for him, as he may start regressing by his late 20’s.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, -sodapop said:

....the mantra is that he needs to play continuously for him to maintain a level!!!

He is not hitting a consistent level at the moment and looks tired out there on the pitch. We do not have to play him, he is always annoyed when he is taken off but are the managers presently involved in his life over indulging him. His tendency to give the ball away, not because it is a risky pass but he has failed to execute the pass due to a lack of attention. He should be working on his game, not get upset when coming off, as it is to the benefit of the team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1