Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

5 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

just pay it, Vardy and kasper cant be far off that? 

What if vardy has a parity clause ?  At the moment vardy is our highest earner approx 130-140k/week 

if we pay YT 160k then we reset that and anyone we bring in who we want to choose us over another club will see this as a marker. After all, vards is a club legend and you can turn around to an agent and justify stuff on that basis. 

I would, however, pay it on the basis that it takes his transfer value up to £50m (compared to the £35m max that we can get this summer). Add to this the cost of buying a replacement and the additional contractual commitment over five years of £20/25m is well covered. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've been told by somebody who's related to someone privy to a little info that Youri wants 160k a week 

4 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

just pay it, Vardy and kasper cant be far off that? 

5 minutes ago, Nick said:

Pay it.

I think that I read somewhere that Vardy is on 150k and Kasper is on 140k. It should be a no brainer for the club as Youri's value will at least double if he signs a new 3+ year contract.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What if vardy has a parity clause ?  At the moment vardy is our highest earner approx 130-140k/week 

if we pay YT 160k then we reset that and anyone we bring in who we want to choose us over another club will see this as a marker. After all, vards is a club legend and you can turn around to an agent and justify stuff on that basis. 

I would, however, pay it on the basis that it takes his transfer value up to £50m (compared to the £35m max that we can get this summer). Add to this the cost of buying a replacement and the additional contractual commitment over five years of £20/25m is well covered. 

Yeah that would be my main reason for wanting the club to pay it as well, the guys what 23/24? can only see his value rising in the coming years. 

41 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I've been told by somebody who's related to someone privy to a little info that Youri wants 160k a week to stay.

Not worth it tbh at the moment. You can look at players like Vardy, Fofana and Evans and think to yourself we miss them when they're out but not Tielemans. In fact if fit, I'd have Ndidi, KDH, Maddison and Mendy all in front of him at the moment, he needs to be benched.

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I've been told by somebody who's related to someone privy to a little info that Youri wants 160k a week to stay.

Jordan Blackwell been saying he hasn't got the offers elsewhere he thought he would.

I don't think we've got the budget to do that and I think the club are banking on two big sales for a refresh.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I'm told there's no such thing as a parity clause, there's been rumours of kasper having his own clause which means he marches into the director of footballs office demanding a new contract the moment anyone else gets one though.

I'd kinda hope there was no such thing as a parity clause, anywhere, in any club. And I'd kinda hope any club would give a straight out flat 'no' to any player demanding one.  Wouldn't surprise me if I was wrong though.

What would happen if there were such a clause in 2 players' contacts? 

2 minutes ago, frakenfox said:

I'd kinda hope there was no such thing as a parity clause, anywhere, in any club. And I'd kinda hope any club would give a straight out flat 'no' to any player demanding one.  Wouldn't surprise me if I was wrong though.

What would happen if there were such a clause in 2 players' contacts? 

They’d both be paid the max on the payroll …technically there is no limit as to how many can have a parity clause 

I honestly don't think he's worth 160k a week at the minute, needs to up his game if we're going to pay him that. His value will increase massively, but then we need a buyer for him in 12-18 months or whenever, I think he's probably worth the gamble tbh, but not just as easy as pay the money.

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not worth it tbh at the moment. You can look at players like Vardy, Fofana and Evans and think to yourself we miss them when they're out but not Tielemans. In fact if fit, I'd have Ndidi, KDH, Maddison and Mendy all in front of him at the moment, he needs to be benched.

Tielemans is 24 still though, it's easy to forget how young he is. He may not even hit his peak for another few years. It's utter nonsense what anyone says about being a total professional etc and being unaffected. Having constant speculation about where you will be in a couple of months, a different part of the country or even an entirely different league how can it be anything other than unsettling? It's no coincidence his form has dropped whilst this has been dragging on, that's why we need him signed up quick if it is a case of 160k a week or do our best to move him on in the summer if he has no interest in a new contract. He's half the player we know he can be while sat on the fence of staying or going and we don't need another year of that. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I honestly don't think he's worth 160k a week at the minute, needs to up his game if we're going to pay him that. His value will increase massively, but then we need a buyer for him in 12-18 months or whenever, I think he's probably worth the gamble tbh, but not just as easy as pay the money.

Think I'm inclined to agree on this.

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Agree. Any continuation of current form his resale value diminishes. Arsenal for one have had their fingers burnt by awarding huge resigning contracts and then having to virtually give those players away due to obscenely high wages unrelated to actual performance .

• Like 2

It looks as though we are not now going to offer him the £8 million a year he wants. Probably because it will inflate new contracts for the rest of the squad and we just can't afford that. He might get that contract this summer if we set a modest fee for him. He will certainly get that contract and a substantial signing on fee if he sees his contract out. If he does that it will certainly be to his advantage if he plays near to the top of his form next season while he is in the shop window.

Tielemans will get £160k a week from another club. The idea that he’s not worth it is preposterous to me! He’s scored goals in a depleted team this campaign and only scored the winner in the FA Cuo for us at the end of last season. He likes it here but wants Champions League football and if it costs that to keep him then we should pay it I think despite his current form not being consistently outstanding. Let’s be honest we can still cash in on him in another 2-3 years and by then we’ll have more players in our team commanding 150k a week wages. It’s just the way it is.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick said:

Tielemans will get £160k a week from another club. The idea that he’s not worth it is preposterous to me! He’s scored goals in a depleted team this campaign and only scored the winner in the FA Cuo for us at the end of last season. He likes it here but wants Champions League football and if it costs that to keep him then we should pay it I think despite his current form not being consistently outstanding. Let’s be honest we can still cash in on him in another 2-3 years and by then we’ll have more players in our team commanding 150k a week wages. It’s just the way it is.

Tielemans will get £160k a week from another club

I'm sure he'll get £160K/week from another club. A richer club for a start. Or if you're someone like me who thinks us spending 160K/week is a risk, a 'braver/stupider' one. Either way, another club being willing to pay it is clearly not a guarantee that it's a good idea.

The idea that he’s not worth it is preposterous to me!

Would like to know how much you do think would be too much

He’s scored goals in a depleted team this campaign and only scored the winner in the FA Cuo for us at the end of last season

You must be aware how underwhelming this sounds?

He likes it here

[looks out of the window]

but wants Champions League football

If the claim is true, he's not that bothered is he?

and if it costs that to keep him then we should pay it

For me 'we should pay it' needs stronger arguments than 'someone else would pay it and he's been OK plus that goal eh?'

Let’s be honest we can still cash in on him in another 2-3 years

Honesty would involve admitting there are ways it might not pan out like that. He's been borderline bench material recently. What if that continued for extended periods?

• Haha 2

Tielemans is class. He is not a guaranteed starter at the moment.   Although I hope he stays, I would rather focus on getting Maddison to extend his deal.   

New players will come in.   We have 15 outfield players that I strongly hope will be with us next season.  If a couple move on, it would feel difficult but it may not be the end of the world.   

IMO, we  need to bring in one, two or three new starters to reinvigorate things while keeping a core of our current squad.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Tielemans will get £160k a week from another club

I'm sure he'll get £160K/week from another club. A richer club for a start. Or if you're someone like me who thinks us spending 160K/week is a risk, a 'braver/stupider' one. Either way, another club being willing to pay it is clearly not a guarantee that it's a good idea.

The idea that he’s not worth it is preposterous to me!

Would like to know how much you do think would be too much

He’s scored goals in a depleted team this campaign and only scored the winner in the FA Cuo for us at the end of last season

You must be aware how underwhelming this sounds?

He likes it here

[looks out of the window]

but wants Champions League football

If the claim is true, he's not that bothered is he?

and if it costs that to keep him then we should pay it

For me 'we should pay it' needs stronger arguments than 'someone else would pay it and he's been OK plus that goal eh?'

Let’s be honest we can still cash in on him in another 2-3 years

Honesty would involve admitting there are ways it might not pan out like that. He's been borderline bench material recently. What if that continued for extended periods?

What is this? Taken it all rather personally haven’t you? The post wasn’t directed at you or replied to you, just my opinion and you disagree. Good for you. Sorry for making you so upset. 😆 

Just now, Nick said:

What is this? Taken it all rather personally haven’t you? The post wasn’t directed at you or replied to you, just my opinion and you disagree. Good for you. Sorry for making you so upset. 😆 

What is it? It's me, disagreeing with you.

Why would you think I'd taken it personally, or presumed it was aimed at me?

I'm really not upset. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, majaco said:

Tielemans is class. He is not a guaranteed starter at the moment.   Although I hope he stays, I would rather focus on getting Maddison to extend his deal.   

New players will come in.   We have 15 outfield players that I strongly hope will be with us next season.  If a couple move on, it would feel difficult but it may not be the end of the world.   

IMO, we  need to bring in one, two or three new starters to reinvigorate things while keeping a core of our current squad.

The problem is that he probably thinks he is better than he really is, just how many clubs are interested, there are lots of other options out there ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, desertfox2 said:

Tielemans is 24 still though, it's easy to forget how young he is. He may not even hit his peak for another few years. It's utter nonsense what anyone says about being a total professional etc and being unaffected. Having constant speculation about where you will be in a couple of months, a different part of the country or even an entirely different league how can it be anything other than unsettling? It's no coincidence his form has dropped whilst this has been dragging on, that's why we need him signed up quick if it is a case of 160k a week or do our best to move him on in the summer if he has no interest in a new contract. He's half the player we know he can be while sat on the fence of staying or going and we don't need another year of that. 

....we really can not put his poor performances down to him not signing a contract!!!

If it is impacting his game to that degree, then surely making a decision to stay or go would have resolved this. He is unable to control his performances, he has been indifferent for some time and will continue to be, whether signed up or not.

He needs to be looking at his game, making constant allowances for him, helps no one. If it is a fitness issue then he needs to work on his strength and conditioning, if it is concentration then he needs to get more involved. He lacks leadership and someone to look to on the pitch.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Don't be silly. Youri is still our best number 8. 

Whilst I'm genuinely a fan of his, at best he dreadfully off form and not even worthy of a place in the team for me. In a 3 man midfield, if fit, I'd have Ndidi, KDH and Maddison (who currently is in form). I think Mendy offers more than Tielemans too at the moment. 

We all know that he's very capable of an incredible pass or shot but it happens nowhere near enough and for the rest of the time he simply isn't doing enough. What is really starting to annoy me is his gesticulating and shouting at his team mates as if he's orchestrating the show but, the fact is, whilst they are busting a gut round him he's not even taking part. He needs benching and really isn't as good or influential as he or others think he is. I don't know what's up with him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1