Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

3 hours ago, jerry said:

Agree. Any continuation of current form his resale value diminishes. Arsenal for one have had their fingers burnt by awarding huge resigning contracts and then having to virtually give those players away due to obscenely high wages unrelated to actual performance .

Actually, that's a good analogy. 

7 hours ago, Pride of the Midlands said:

I think that I read somewhere that Vardy is on 150k and Kasper is on 140k. It should be a no brainer for the club as Youri's value will at least double if he signs a new 3+ year contract.  

...anyone closely watching him play are not going to push a ceiling for him!!!

His value is already set and we are not going to get over £35m for him, if that.

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...anyone closely watching him play are not going to push a ceiling for him!!!

His value is already set and we are not going to get over £35m for him, if that.

A few months ago most people would say the same about Maddison and now he is a strong contender for player of the season. If Youri signs a new deal then the club will hold the ace card again and when his form improves there will be plenty of top clubs trying to tempt him away. 

4 hours ago, jerry said:

Agree. Any continuation of current form his resale value diminishes. Arsenal for one have had their fingers burnt by awarding huge resigning contracts and then having to virtually give those players away due to obscenely high wages unrelated to actual performance .

Arsenal do it with players as they hit their 30s, not players who are 24. A bit different.

30 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Parity clauses will cause us problems now especially when those players are even fit or good enough to play most games (which will happen at some point).

We just can't afford it.

The only player that will have a parity clause if someone in the squad has one will be Vardy, who is already on around £150k a week, so the parity would only last for 1 season at an extra £10k a week or so

That is if the clause even exists, and there isn't really any reason to think it does

Edited by moore_94

Guest Chocolate Teapot
17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The only player that will have a parity clause if someone in the squad has one will be Vardy, who is already on around £150k a week, so the parity would only last for 1 season at an extra £10k a week or so

That is if the clause even exists, and there isn't really any reason to think it does

I'd be really suprised if vardy gets a rise in his next contract. He's likely to get less if you ask me.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'd be really suprised if vaprdy gets a rise in his next contract. He's likely to get less if you ask me.

Yeah the only way he gets a raise is if someone comes in on more than him and a parity clause does exist (and even then it would only be for 1 more year)

Can't imagine the club would be willing to give him £150k a week or more again when it comes to his next deal

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Clearly you think he's playing well then this season. We disagree. No problem. 

No, he was doing alright up to Xmas and then since then he's been pretty mediocre again. Poor season by his standards but its comments like Memdy offering more than him which shows how much some people fail to grasp the difference between players that do a job here and players that take us to the level in which we are only capable of when we maximise our ability which Youri is streets ahead of most of our midfield.

9 minutes ago, Sampson said:

But we’re already at 85%+ of our revenue on wages, which is amongst the highest if not the highest in the league and with these new UEFA rules saying we need 70% at most.

The harsh truth is that we desperately need to reduce our wage bill over next couple of seasons and throwing £160k at Tielemans and also again setting a new bar which new signings will want to match. Especially on a player who has been so woefully out of form this season.

We’re already pushing the boundaries of our wage bill to the limits, probably more so than any other PL side. Especially with the likely lack of European football next season.

It’s not as easy as just throwing money at a player because other teams will match it.

100%

We need to sell 2 or 3 high earners as well as some of the dog shit like Perez and Vestergaard that have conned over 80k a week out of us.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sampson said:

But we’re already at 85%+ of our revenue on wages, which is amongst the highest if not the highest in the league and with these new UEFA rules saying we need 70% at most.

The harsh truth is that we desperately need to reduce our wage bill over next couple of seasons and throwing £160k at Tielemans and also again setting a new bar which new signings will want to match. Especially on a player who has been so woefully out of form this season.

We’re already pushing the boundaries of our wage bill to the limits, probably more so than any other PL side. Especially with the likely lack of European football next season.

It’s not as easy as just throwing money at a player because other teams will match it.

We have a little time on our side plan is phased the new rules in from 2023, when clubs will be allowed to spend 90% of their income, reducing to 80% in 2024 and 70% a year later.

Edited by coolhandfox

Putting him on 160k /week and selling him summer 2023 would likely be more profitable for us than selling him this summer for 30m 

But it would never happen because he can leave for free next summer and earn a lot more than £5m doing that (plus bagging 160k/week into the bargain at his next club) 

If he really is willing to sign a new deal then I just think it’s not such a stupid financial option for us. Of course that assumes he will recapture his form ……you would expect he would …. Form is temporary, class is permanent ….

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

I'm sure I read somewhere quite a while ago that Vardy and I think Kasper have them. No one knows for sure though I guess.

Sorry if this has already been surmised. 

Everyone agrees that he likes to play every game and that he gets cheesed off is subbed. If he's going to a "bigger" club will he be guaranteed 1st team football every game? Not any of the the top 4. Not Man U, where even Pogba is a guaranteed starter. Spurs, possibly. I wouldn't consider any other team in the PL to be bigger than us. Abroad? Not good enough for Barca, Real or PSG IMO, which leaves only Juve. 

He must know this, and maybe this is just a tactic to raise the money for a new contract. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, enmac said:

Sorry if this has already been surmised. 

Everyone agrees that he likes to play every game and that he gets cheesed off is subbed. If he's going to a "bigger" club will he be guaranteed 1st team football every game? Not any of the the top 4. Not Man U, where even Pogba is a guaranteed starter. Spurs, possibly. I wouldn't consider any other team in the PL to be bigger than us. Abroad? Not good enough for Barca, Real or PSG IMO, which leaves only Juve. 

He must know this, and maybe this is just a tactic to raise the money for a new contract. 

Definitely not Juve: 

"The precarious economic situation at Juventus has been well documented in recent months and the club's financial report for the 2020/21 season has laid bare the problems. ... Juve also saw their club debt increase by £3.4m from the previous year, now standing at a total of £332m."17 Sept 2021 (Mirror) 

3 minutes ago, enmac said:

Definitely not Juve: 

"The precarious economic situation at Juventus has been well documented in recent months and the club's financial report for the 2020/21 season has laid bare the problems. ... Juve also saw their club debt increase by £3.4m from the previous year, now standing at a total of £332m."17 Sept 2021 (Mirror) 

....still not sure he is going to leave!!!

It seems like any critique of him is like putting him over a spit roast, I am not trying to drag him down as I want to see him do better. But I am really afraid that this is all that there is and this is all we will ever get. His ability to pick out and implement passes are amazing but he keeps making sloppy passes when not under pressure and it puts us in the cart.

He is not going to get better, he is as good as he will ever be, and he will still be at this club this and next upcoming seasons.

He is a class player but the last 3-6 months he has been average to say the least , I also think he has lost a yard or too in pace , he has look every slow turning and just can’t break away from chasing players . Iam spilt on playing him that kind of money on the above . 

He is easily one of our best players, even if his form has been less good this season. When on form I would rate him above everyone in our squad except Vardy. However, I really think we will benefit a lot more by selling him and signing someone hungrier and more hard-working, like Dewsbury-Hall but on the right side of midfield. I think replacing him with a more physical player and modelling our play a bit more off Liverpool could overall bring greater dividends to our results - it would also allow our attacking players more offensive licence and less defensive duties. As long as he stays here, we ultimately have to design the team around his short-comings in order to harness his huge qualities - we could benefit from a more flexible team in his absence.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No, he was doing alright up to Xmas and then since then he's been pretty mediocre again. Poor season by his standards but its comments like Memdy offering more than him which shows how much some people fail to grasp the difference between players that do a job here and players that take us to the level in which we are only capable of when we maximise our ability which Youri is streets ahead of most of our midfield.

I'm not for one minute suggesting that Mendy is a better player, merely, at this point in time, full of confidence and fit from his Afcon experiences, on his appearances thus far, Mendy has offered more than Tielemans whoose done little more than wander at a snails pace from sided to side shouting and gesticulating at his team-mates. Whether that's due to fatigue, still carrying an injury perhaps or attitude I don't know. However, with him in the team of late we seemed like a man short in midfield. I'm also aware that Mendy's role is different but, as Tielemans is ineffectual in his, better to play overall a slightly different way in midfield than with virtually a man light.

Perhaps he merely needs a rest because this theory of him being better played constantly is neither working for the team at the moment and his performances detract from his value to any interested party. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

I’m pleased with what he’s given us and have no problem with his desire to move on but as good a player as he is I have a feeling that by the time he hangs up his boots he’ll be looking back on his time at Leicester as the best years of his career 

• Like 3