Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Asking price of £25m according to Percy…

Fvck me his form has dropped so much the club will take a cut price to get rid!

What the heck has happened!

Percy is usually solid with info isn’t he.

£25m is a bit of a joke to be honest.

Can only assume the club are wary of selling to the Premier League again and are worried about pricing him out of the reach of foreign clubs.

£25m is far, far too cheap though.

Just now, AKCJ said:

£25m is a bit of a joke to be honest.

Can only assume the club are wary of selling to the Premier League again and are worried about pricing him out of the reach of foreign clubs.

£25m is far, far too cheap though.

I'd take 25m if it means he goes abroad to be honest. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I'd take 25m if it means he goes abroad to be honest. 

As would I. I don't think we can afford to consistently improve the clubs above us if we genuinely want to get into the Champions League/Europa League again.

I'd say that other than Drinkwater to Chelsea , we've improved Manchester United (Maguire - even if he's going through a rough season), Chelsea (Kante and Chilwell) and Man City (Mahrez) over the last 4/5 years.

Yep, 25 is an opening gambit to attract interest, and there will be interest at that price. Start at 40 and you've already shut the door on many teams. Of course, the club don't have to sell.

I take the aforementioned 'bang for buck least disruptive' line too. We've only a few players in that category. Soyuncu is arguably another imho (particularly if he wants away) which is kinda paradoxical given our injury woes this season - and that Veste is not a fit for us. 

Our priority this summer is apparently 'rebuild/refresh' so we don't want to be messing around with deadline day shenanigans. Identify your targets, assess how it's to be funded and get those deals done efficiently. If getting Youri (and others?) out quickly serves that purpose then so be it.

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I'm not believing 25m. We bought him for more than that when Monaco were desperate to get rid of him and they'd bought him for 19m.

25 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He'll go for more than £25m

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm not believing 25m. We bought him for more than that when Monaco were desperate to get rid of him and they'd bought him for 19m.

If there are clubs interested then he holds all the aces 

we either keep him and let him go for nothing in 2023 or we get what we can this summer.  

we and his people will have to come to an agreement on what’s a fair price. There will be no bidding war because the player will make the call where he wants to go. No clubs will bid unless they’ve been told that he will go there. 

we can try to make that price higher but then it becomes poker - hence perhaps his recent comments about not necessarily leaving. 

perhaps this article is us trying to raise the price to £25m with his agent trying to go lower ??

I never thought anything more than £35m was realistic and the recent drop off in his form doesn’t help us either. 

• Like 1