Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

20 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Make him play out his contract. He'd probably be worth more to us in that final year than £25m.

Would he? His form for both club and Country had dropped off a cliff this season. I'd take the £25m and use it to reinvest in players who actually want to play for the club. Our main concern is keeping Maddison fit for a full season. With Madders and KDH plus a Youri replacement and Ndidi we'd be ok in midfield. 

• Like 2

£

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Would he? His form for both club and Country had dropped off a cliff this season. I'd take the £25m and use it to reinvest in players who actually want to play for the club. Our main concern is keeping Maddison fit for a full season. With Madders and KDH plus a Youri replacement and Ndidi we'd be ok in midfield. 

I don't think it's a case of him not wanting to play for us. I think he's happy here and would still give his all (and it would be in his best interests to do so if he wants his pick of the big clubs).

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

£

I don't think it's a case of him not wanting to play for us. I think he's happy here and would still give his all (and it would be in his best interests to do so if he wants his pick of the big clubs).

Yeh possibly but surely we should be looking to the future and building our team around players that won't be leaving on a free transfer next summer. There's never any guarantee that any of our top players won't leave in the next year or so but all the players with long contracts like Fofana are likely to be sticking around a bit longer  

• Like 1

If he went to Villa for 200k a week because of that low asking price, it’d show him up more than anything. That’s not going to happen.

It’s an interesting tactic to have the European clubs interested and competing. Just don’t let him go to the prem and it’s fine.

25 million sounds on the low side but clubs can sign him on pre contract deal for free 5 months after the transfer window shuts.

That's just how it works, man United got a 26 year old Varane in the last year of his deal for 34 million last summer. Varane had played for France 70 odd times, won a world cup and won the champions league 3 times. Youri isn't quite on that level, and he's had a poor season by his standards. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm not believing 25m. We bought him for more than that when Monaco were desperate to get rid of him and they'd bought him for 19m.

This is a bit (quite a bit) 'apples/oranges'... 

We bought him from Monaco after test driving him for a half a season, with 3 years left on his contract.

47 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Make him play out his contract. He'd probably be worth more to us in that final year than £25m.

...not the way he is playing, he won't!!!

Tielemans has enginered this situation to become a level playing field, and is perhaps willing to go to a club not giving Champions League assurances. So long as he is comfortable on and off the pitch he will be alright. 

His "potential" should have engendered an elevated price in the £60m mark, but he is not going to bring the missing elements to his game, as he would have, if he could. Unfortunately £25m is his price, the "potential " premium goes out the door, every game he now plays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If there are clubs interested then he holds all the aces 

we either keep him and let him go for nothing in 2023 or we get what we can this summer.  

we and his people will have to come to an agreement on what’s a fair price. There will be no bidding war because the player will make the call where he wants to go. No clubs will bid unless they’ve been told that he will go there. 

we can try to make that price higher but then it becomes poker - hence perhaps his recent comments about not necessarily leaving. 

perhaps this article is us trying to raise the price to £25m with his agent trying to go lower ??

I never thought anything more than £35m was realistic and the recent drop off in his form doesn’t help us either. 

I'd not be so sure there won't be a bidding war. Tielemans is his agents biggest asset by far and although it will require some brave calls from us, if there's several clubs all wanting him then they'll be offering different amounts to both club and player and once the momentum shifts to him having pretty much a guaranteed move to a club he would like to go to then he'll want the move rather than risk another year here.

I'd be more concerned if his agent was one of the high profile mob who would end up screwing us over.

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd not be so sure there won't be a bidding war. Tielemans is his agents biggest asset by far and although it will require some brave calls from us, if there's several clubs all wanting him then they'll be offering different amounts to both club and player and once the momentum shifts to him having pretty much a guaranteed move to a club he would like to go to then he'll want the move rather than risk another year here.

I'd be more concerned if his agent was one of the high profile mob who would end up screwing us over.

The bidding war wont be on our fee - it would be on tieleman's contract terms and s/o fee plus his agents take. once they've sorted that out then the club they have decided on will approach us with their offer.  in theory that will be a figure we've already discussed with the agent. and if no one is wiling to meet the whole value of the package then YT would see out his final year. (apparently).  we aren't in a v strong position .......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The bidding war wont be on our fee - it would be on tieleman's contract terms and s/o fee plus his agents take. once they've sorted that out then the club they have decided on will approach us with their offer.  in theory that will be a figure we've already discussed with the agent. and if no one is wiling to meet the whole value of the package then YT would see out his final year. (apparently).  we aren't in a v strong position .......

As I've said, I'm still confident there will be room for negotiation on price if clubs want him. His agent was very poor when trying to get him out of Monaco so don't be surprised to see a lot f he negotiating being driven by us trying to drum up interest. It's not out of the realms of possibility for us to have an agent/representative working on it our end.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I said ages ago we'd be lucky to get 25m for him and people pointing towards how much Danny ings cost. Post covid, inconsistent form, last year of deal. We'll never get our money back unless 2 huge clubs go to war and just can't see that happening. 

Time will tell.

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Indeed and I hope I'm completely wrong, either we get 60m for him or signs a new 5 year deal this weekend, but I fear both are as likely as each other. 

If someone had offered me, he'd score the winner in the FA Cup final and then be sold for 25m 12 months later.

I would have taken it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I said ages ago we'd be lucky to get 25m for him and people pointing towards how much Danny ings cost. Post covid, inconsistent form, last year of deal. We'll never get our money back unless 2 huge clubs go to war and just can't see that happening. 

....Frankie says, Relax......!!!

Something similar in German no?

Yes, Youri's  up for sale and the club are advertising him. Hardly surprising as it's no secret that he has his "options open". Interpret it as the club helping him with his aims, or issuing a come and get him, as you like, but either way it just strikes me as the mature and reasonable thing to do. The club has greater concerns than simply one player. I'm sure they'd prefer him to stay (salary depending) but if not, so be it. Just say 'bye and thank you' and get in with other club business.

No disrespects to any former players but once they are gone they're gone. The club isn't in mourning and carries on. 

• Like 2

Tielemans is a very good player and who will ever forget that Wembley goal, but maybe it is time for him to move on for us to move on, no hard feelings no grudges, the one thing you can always be sure of in football as in life is change, you cannot alter the change but you can alter your attitude towards it.

Tielemans will go on and have a great career but such is the mark of the boy I believe he will always be grateful to Leicester for rescuing him from a torrid time in his footballing life and giving him the opportunity to show his worth. And we should celebrate that because it helps promote us as the place to be for young talent to come and develop, and who knows in time maybe we will be able to grow into the level of club where they come and stay too.

KDH offers a lot of similar qualities so perhaps we don't have to go shopping for a Tielemans replacement, but for the next KDH an opportunity to step forward.

• Like 1