Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Guest Chocolate Teapot

My understanding is that he's been available for a while but no one has come in for him. He could well end up staying as he's pretty settled in Leicester.

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

My understanding is that he's been available for a while but no one has come in for him. He could well end up staying as he's pretty settled in Leicester.

The fact that Percy has gone public at £25m indicates to me that we really don’t want to hang onto him for his final year - if buying clubs have decided to wait for him to be out of contract that that could mess with our plans and make things a bit awkward between player and club. 

On 31/03/2022 at 08:17, jayfox26 said:

Yeh possibly but surely we should be looking to the future and building our team around players that won't be leaving on a free transfer next summer. There's never any guarantee that any of our top players won't leave in the next year or so but all the players with long contracts like Fofana are likely to be sticking around a bit longer  

Next year is the future. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The fact that Percy has gone public at £25m indicates to me that we really don’t want to hang onto him for his final year - if buying clubs have decided to wait for him to be out of contract that that could mess with our plans and make things a bit awkward between player and club. 

I know percy is normally gospel but there is no way Liverpool are in for him. He doesn't fit their team at all. Hence why I don't really believe we'd accept such a low figure.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I know percy is normally gospel but there is no way Liverpool are in for him. He doesn't fit their team at all. Hence why I don't really believe we'd accept such a low figure.

I didn’t read the article - hence I didn’t see the liverpool connection. 

there was a lot of liverpool chat last summer which must have come from somewhere - I know things are made up for click bait but we haven’t seen him linked to clubs like Man City or spurs ?? liverpool really don’t seem the right fit for him but maybe klopp is planning to change a few bits to make them less one dimensional ??

He would do well to look at his compatriot Lukaku.  Joined an ´´elite´´ Club and his career is now going down the carzie.  A new 4 year contract with us would give him what  - UKP30m?   I have to say, I do not get this UCL football as being the holy grail mantra.

But if does not want to be hear, then go in the summer.  KDH has made this much less of an issue for LCFC.

We've probably calculated that £25M figure on the basis of what'll work for us as opposed to what we can get. That is, bearing in mind that he'll go on a free at the end of next season. I think it's a total acceptance that he's off one way or another.

Or rephrased, one season of YT is worth £25M to us.

Or maybe we're calling his bluff?

5 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He's a good one to replace Thiago tbf, but wouldn't fit elsewhere.

Not really rocket science, is it? He wants to leave to take the next step and some of the clubs he is fluttering his eyelashes at are not too sure about him. Makes sense becuase he is obviously a class player but right now maybe someone you would be reluctant to build a midfield around. We have for three years and we have had clear deficencies running through us.

• Like 3

It’s risky to leave in the summer. 

People will have 5 months to make it work prior to the World Cup in Qatar. 

For players like Tielemans who is settled at Leicester, he may be better staying out and even signing a 1 year extensions. It’s kicking the can down the road but it would be in the interest of both parties. 

For people like Maddison however; he might feel he needs the move to a bigger club to get into the England squad. 

13 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s risky to leave in the summer. 

People will have 5 months to make it work prior to the World Cup in Qatar. 

For players like Tielemans who is settled at Leicester, he may be better staying out and even signing a 1 year extensions. It’s kicking the can down the road but it would be in the interest of both parties. 

For people like Maddison however; he might feel he needs the move to a bigger club to get into the England squad. 

Think for Leicester it might be better for the squads future to sell him and use the funds to improve the squad

• Like 2

Thought Youri played well yesterday, especially in the 2nd half, couple of loose passes in the first half but he was back to trying to thread some nice balls  through. Hope he signs a year or two extension to his contract, I feel he owes us that and his stock will rise if he is settled and has a decent World Cup… 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

yes but he’s only got one year of his contract left so he’ll run that down and then leave on a free which is not something our owners want to happen.

Mohamed Camara from Salzburg would be a great signing if we're in the market for a CDM.

Get Caqueret from Lyon in as well for £25-30 mil.

A KDH - Camara - Caqueret midfield would have unreal energy, and give us much more balance.

3 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Just throwing some ideas out there but If we sold Tielemens and got Christian Eriksen for free would anyone turn their nose up at that deal?

the flip side of that coin is why would a top team pay good money for Tielemans when they can get Eriksen for free!

• Like 1