Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

5 hours ago, Fosse93 said:

Mohamed Camara from Salzburg would be a great signing if we're in the market for a CDM.

Get Caqueret from Lyon in as well for £25-30 mil.

A KDH - Camara - Caqueret midfield would have unreal energy, and give us much more balance.

...agree wit Caqueret but not sold on Camara....!!!

Caqueret may not have the touch of Youri but has a better engine and is a more competitive player than Youri. Gets involved more, moves the ball quicker and prepared to dig in when under pressure.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the health situation is always going to be a factor, some teams will want to stay away from that option!!!

I must admit I thought that no insurance company  would touch him and that he’d never play professional football again… but he’s scoring goals for Brentford and for Denmark… and it would definitely have needed someone to take the risk and Brentford did that- they gave him the opportunity… it would be nice if he repaid their faith in him and signed on for another year but he’s for sure going to get offers from bigger clubs  now that they’ve seen him play and seen it all work.. at this stage in his career it’s going to be hard for him to turn down a bigger Club….

maybe he could find a club with world class training facilities, a nice swimming pool, golf facilities to help him relax… where  a sports science team could monitor him closely… he’d be up for that surely if such a place existed!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He currently plays a bit more advanced than Tielemans but Aguibou Camara from Olympiakos has all the hallmarks of a player that could be devastating as a box to box midfielder. We've been linked as well.

If Forest manage to come up, I'm sure he'll end up there

On 03/04/2022 at 09:19, Ric Flair said:

More performances like yesterday and he'll have plenty of suitors. 

"More" is definitely key, because it's important he shows he can follow on from this, and do it against a midfield that can be arsed, and that do get stuck in. 

On 03/04/2022 at 13:18, HighPeakFox said:

Feels like a game is being played over this to me.

I agree. There's been a lack of clarity from all sides resulting in a two year guessing game now. 

Going back to when he moved here and since then, he's always stated his desire to stay put with his family and not have any upheaval. I look at the clubs around us that he could fit in and I can only envisage man utd for him despite fernandes signing. Other top clubs play with a lot of high intensity which he isn't great with.

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Gotta love a has-been

Noel Whelan has claimed that if West Ham United can secure European football for next season, they could seal a move for Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans.

“Leicester will be forced to let him go because players like Tielemans deserve to be playing in Europe.

“If West Ham could offer him that, then him joining really would not surprise me, With the likes of Benrahma around him"

:facepalm:

Where do they dig up these idiotic and brainless so called "experts". Time and time again they come up with absolute crap.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Gotta love a has-been

Noel Whelan has claimed that if West Ham United can secure European football for next season, they could seal a move for Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans.

“Leicester will be forced to let him go because players like Tielemans deserve to be playing in Europe.

“If West Ham could offer him that, then him joining really would not surprise me, With the likes of Benrahma around him"

:facepalm:

Noel Whelan has come out with a lot of shit this season, typical ex Cov.

• Like 1

On 03/04/2022 at 13:18, HighPeakFox said:

Feels like a game is being played over this to me.

Agreed.

Percy obviously gets information when the club want him to get information. There’s clearly a relationship there at some level.

And there’s a lot of PR happening on both sides. Tielemans starting to give interviews but also dialling up his shows of passion to the fans - feels a little like he knows he’s going to have to tout for a move but he doesn’t want anyone to think he’s not committed so he’s over-compensating a little.

At £25m he’s well worth a ‘gamble’ for any of the bigger clubs that might not be 100% sold. He’ll end up leaving for a reduced fee in the summer as the club will want something rather than nothing. He’s making out he’d stick around to then leave for free so that the club don’t get too hard line on the price.

Interest from Juventus suggested again today

They could be in for a bit of a revamp in their midfield so with how cheap he may be I could possibly see it

Some of the best centre mids in Italy aren't particularly quick like him as well so could suit him

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Interest from Juventus suggested again today

They could be in for a bit of a revamp in their midfield so with how cheap he may be I could possibly see it

Some of the best centre mids in Italy aren't particularly quick like him as well so could suit him

He's made for Italian football imo. 

• Like 2

I've said this for a while that I see him at Juventus. The city seems to be right up Tielemans street, the style of football he'd revel in and Juventus are embarking on a largish overhaul. They would see a £55-60m worth player for about half that and wages that probably won't be astronomical for such a player (£150k a week or so).

Italy is the best destination for him. 

We saw how effective Pogba was playing for Juventus. If we could get the reported £50m, I’d be ecstatic. Realistically, that’s only happening if a bidding war starts. 

I know I've said this multiple times before and at risk of sounding like a Mahrez fan boy type, I honestly believe that Billy Gilmour would be a very shrewd Youri replacement. 

He lacks that final ball quality of Tielemans but his long ball distribution is up there with him meaning he can control a game from deep. He has a far better engine than YT and is much better defensively. 

In reality, he's probably closer to KDH than he is Youri but I think he gives us more options. In a 3 with Kiernan and Ndidi, there is no way we would be over-run as he's much more physical. He could play in a 2 man CM with KDH and they would both offer enough on AND off the ball to dominate a game and if you put him in a diamond alongside KDH with Ndidi behind and Mads in front, you would have every attribute you need from a midfield. 

45 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I know I've said this multiple times before and at risk of sounding like a Mahrez fan boy type, I honestly believe that Billy Gilmour would be a very shrewd Youri replacement. 

He lacks that final ball quality of Tielemans but his long ball distribution is up there with him meaning he can control a game from deep. He has a far better engine than YT and is much better defensively. 

In reality, he's probably closer to KDH than he is Youri but I think he gives us more options. In a 3 with Kiernan and Ndidi, there is no way we would be over-run as he's much more physical. He could play in a 2 man CM with KDH and they would both offer enough on AND off the ball to dominate a game and if you put him in a diamond alongside KDH with Ndidi behind and Mads in front, you would have every attribute you need from a midfield. 

Norwich fans hate Gilmour. Just another poor mans Sammy Braybrooke.

55 minutes ago, Scotch said:

With respect, absolutely not. 

6 hours ago, Sly said:

Italy is the best destination for him. 

We saw how effective Pogba was playing for Juventus. If we could get the reported £50m, I’d be ecstatic. Realistically, that’s only happening if a bidding war starts. 

I still don’t understand how a bidding war happens ??

47 minutes ago, Shane said:

Norwich fans hate Gilmour. Just another poor mans Sammy Braybrooke.

Norwich fans are utter clowns though. They were giving him abuse around Christmas time there whilst he had essentially the best stats of any Norwich player. 

He's playing in a dog muck team that don't play to his strengths and for some reason has been made a scape goat. Look at him in the Scotland side (who are by no means great) and you can see how effective he can be. He's been brilliant for us. 

If you look at their forum, some of them are actually saying things like "He's the reason we are going down" because they blame him for a formation change that the manager made. They are bonkers. 

If you compare his stats to someone like KDH, he actually comes off slightly better in places like passing, touches and his defensive side. KDH has one more goal and assist but all round, they are very similar in terms of stats only Gilmour is surrounded by Chanpionship level players whilst KDH has had Ndidi and Youri (who admittedly haven't been great) in beside him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1