Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I still don’t understand how a bidding war happens ??

Realistically with a year left, we’d be lucky to get £30m.

However if he’s wanted by Juventus, PSG, Arsenal, Milan, Inter, Barca and Madrid. They’ll have to uk that amount to closer what we paid for him.

I don’t see him going for £50,000,000; if he goes. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Ever been to an auction? Youri's the Mona Lisa. :scarf:

55 minutes ago, Sly said:

However if he’s wanted by Juventus, PSG, Arsenal, Milan, Inter, Barca and Madrid. They’ll have to uk that amount to closer what we paid for him.

We’ll be lucky if any one of those teams want him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

....like anything else really!!!

One team offers to buy him at a price and the club (LCFC) turns it down. Another club comes forward and ups the bid slightly, the club also turns it down. Back channels start to open, trying to find how much it would take as the selling club has not put a price on him. A team like Juve could just watch from afar and usurp any bid knowing the player would most likely because of who they are be interested in going there.

You only need a club like Man. United to step in and offer a pile of money to kill the "auction". If Pogba still stays at United then the Juve deal could well be on, but Pogba would have to have a screw loose not to look to extricate himself from United, at the end of this season.

On 03/04/2022 at 19:41, Fosse93 said:

Mohamed Camara from Salzburg would be a great signing if we're in the market for a CDM.

Get Caqueret from Lyon in as well for £25-30 mil.

A KDH - Camara - Caqueret midfield would have unreal energy, and give us much more balance.

....got to say he looks a bit clumsy at times and loves to play the ball from behind his opponent, probably would not be getting away with that too much in the Premier League!!!

Good ball skills, a tendency to dive in to recover a heavy touch, could see him pick up red cards here, pretty tidy in possession and has good awareness.

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....got to say he looks a bit clumsy at times and loves to play the ball from behind his opponent, probably would not be getting away with that too much in the Premier League!!!

Good ball skills, a tendency to dive in to recover a heavy touch, could see him pick up red cards here, pretty tidy in possession and has good awareness.

I would think the chances of this one happening are not great. The news over here is, there is a long list of admirers including some heavy weights.   Would be great to pull this off. We should start trying to infiltrate RBS´s scouting network . They discover gem after gem after gem.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sly said:

25/30 - agree

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

Ever been to an auction? Youri's the Mona Lisa. :scarf:

What if the Mona Lisa will only agree to be hung in in a specific house ? No point anyone else bidding ….. 

52 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....like anything else really!!!

One team offers to buy him at a price and the club (LCFC) turns it down. Another club comes forward and ups the bid slightly, the club also turns it down. Back channels start to open, trying to find how much it would take as the selling club has not put a price on him. A team like Juve could just watch from afar and usurp any bid knowing the player would most likely because of who they are be interested in going there.

You only need a club like Man. United to step in and offer a pile of money to kill the "auction". If Pogba still stays at United then the Juve deal could well be on, but Pogba would have to have a screw loose not to look to extricate himself from United, at the end of this season.

The clubs interested will approach his agent and find out if he would go there. He will indicate which out of the interested clubs he will sign for. Then that club will tell Lcfc what they  are prepared to pay. It’s then up to us if we accept and to try and eek the price upwards to seal a deal.

Imo there will be no ‘bidding war’. It’s not in anyones interest but Lcfc for that to happen. The buying club and youri’s people will ensure that they get any upside of a deal.

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Talk of agent meetings with Arsenal.

If that's the case then he needs to be on the bench. Can't have a head turned on the pitch. It'll do neither party any benefits at this point. 

He's a professional not an idiot and if Rodgers gets a sniff  he's downing tools he'll send him to train.by himself with Top's and Rudkins blessing. Just like he did with Suarez at Liverpool.

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

He's a professional not an idiot and if Rodgers gets a sniff  he's downing tools he'll send him to train.by himself with Top's and Rudkins blessing. Just like he did with Suarez at Liverpool.

I'd agree except since it broke he wasn't signing a contract he's been a passenger. 

When he was looking to leave Monaco he was the same. 

Not all players are built equal and it looks like once Youri is off he's off. That's fine. It's been the case with players in the past but given the gravity of the season end we can't afford him to be lackadaisical. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'd agree except since it broke he wasn't signing a contract he's been a passenger. 

Not all players are built equal and it looks like once Youri is off he's off. That's fine. It's been the case with players in the past but given the gravity of the season end we can't afford him to be lackadaisical. 

I think the fatigue of the crazy amount of games he has played over the last three years are starting to get to him.  

Resulting in mental mistakes . I don't question his ability. I question why our club doesn't have the depth or another player give the guy a break. Feels like the same thing is starting to happen with KDH.

45 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The problem for Rodgers is if he benches Tielemans he tanks his resale value.  Which is exactly what happened at Monaco.

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

I think the fatigue of the crazy amount of games he has played over the last three years are starting to get to him.  

Resulting in mental mistakes . I don't question his ability. I question why our club doesn't have the depth or another player give the guy a break. Feels like the same thing is starting to happen with KDH.

...it has nothing to do with games played!!!

He was the same at Monaco and is repeating the process here.

10 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Talk of agent meetings with Arsenal.

If that's the case then he needs to be on the bench. Can't have a head turned on the pitch. It'll do neither party any benefits at this point. 

There isn’t an agent in the world whose not meeting different clubs across a week. It’s the game 

What about if I told you Castagne’s agent is trying to drum up interest? 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

58 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

There isn’t an agent in the world whose not meeting different clubs across a week. It’s the game 

Vardy's agent isn't - just to stem your hyperbole. 

And as I've said twice, since the story that he's looking to leave broke he's been a passenger. Can't argue if he's looking elsewhere and contributing but he isn't. And, ultimately, that's to the detriment of the team and we can't afford to throw away what chance we've got left on a passenger with sentimental value. It's the game. 

22 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Vardy's agent isn't - just to stem your hyperbole. 

And as I've said twice, since the story that he's looking to leave broke he's been a passenger. Can't argue if he's looking elsewhere and contributing but he isn't. And, ultimately, that's to the detriment of the team and we can't afford to throw away what chance we've got left on a passenger with sentimental value. It's the game. 

Personally I disagree. He’s contributed in some games this season and the drop off for us in his position is vast - that’s the real issue here.

I certainly don’t want to see Hamza Choudhury at the Olimpico attempting to knock the ball around like I know Youri can. I’d find that more of a detriment to our performances. 

I’d rather have a bloke whose capable of scoring goals and splitting a defence apart with passes than the other options available to us. 

Vardy’s agent will be meeting clubs this week - he might not be tout Jamie about but he’ll have other interests. Exactly like Youri’s agent will, they’d be fools not to give they make money from getting their players moved on. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Agents mainly make their money from transfer deals 

it’s a bit like the banks - if there is no volatility (with markets moving up and down with companies bought and sold) they will find it harder to make obscene profits ! 

you mention Castagne ….. it’s not behind the realms of reality for him to move back to Italy and for us to bring in a replacement who we consider to be both a better prospect and current option for us. And in addition, the cost overall is neutral or a small win for us. of course all the agents will do well as two deals are made and it’s feasible that Lcfc are happier post deals than now.

so your point is obviously valid - agents are trying to drum up interest for their players all the time. It helps them to try and drive contract renewals and upward adjustments in addition to possibly opening a door to a couple of deals that hadn’t been obvious to the parties before. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Gonna be a long summer, onwards and upwards though. 

Will be interesting to see our starting 11 come the first game of the season.  

He's probably not in our starting 11 based on this year's performance. I think if Brendan has his way, the midfield 3 next year will be KDH, Ndidi & Maddison

• Like 4