Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 minute ago, daddylonglegs said:

He's probably not in our starting 11 based on this year's performance. I think if Brendan has his way, the midfield 3 next year will be KDH, Ndidi & Maddison

Yeah I think your right to be fair mate. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

From what I know he wants a really top champions league club but no one is biting. Spurs being thrown out there to try and get a better contract offer from us or get a bigger team in for him?

He doesn't even get in our team when everyone is fit at the moment so I can't see him getting a big move.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

From what I know he wants a really top champions league club but no one is biting. Spurs being thrown out there to try and get a better contract offer from us or get a bigger team in for him?

He doesn't even get in our team when everyone is fit at the moment so I can't see him getting a big move.

Assume he expected a big bastard of a club to come in for him. In hindsight probably should've gone last summer. 

As mentioned above, heart doesn't seem in it anymore. Which is odd, given he's playing for his next move.

Brilliant midfielders have come and gone. Seen the bright lights and left us behind. Ask yourselves ... where are the following now: (?) (Rhetorical by the way):

Danny Drinkwater

Mark Draper

Mark Blake

Lee Marshall

Astrit Ajdjdjdjdjdjdjdjarerijivivijivc.

Zsolt Lazcksckzkszszkzo.

We'll be alright. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Assume he expected a big bastard of a club to come in for him. In hindsight probably should've gone last summer. 

As mentioned above, heart doesn't seem in it anymore. Which is odd, given he's playing for his next move.

This is the thing for me which makes me question whether it's more a bit of a crisis of confidence/drop in form than him not caring. He struggled for Belgium as well didn't he? It's world cup year - a priority for him is making sure he's on that plane. 

• Like 2

I have this feeling that Youri is one of those unfortunate types who put on weight too easily. Trying to maintain the balance between aerobic fitness and weight control isn't easy. It sometimes seems he runs out of gas and in the fast paced PL that is a real problem. The pace in Italy is a bit more sedate and brain power is a very important factor. For that reason I think it would be pointless him moving to another PL club.

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

....should he choose not to go, then he runs his contract down!!!

Could there be a possibility that we send him out on loan (perhaps a distraction to the rest of the team) with another club, outside of the Premier League paying the bill for his wages. They would then have a player for a season, with the chance of picking him up for free at the end of the loan.

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....should he choose not to go, then he runs his contract down!!!

Could there be a possibility that we send him out on loan (perhaps a distraction to the rest of the team) with another club, outside of the Premier League paying the bill for his wages. They would then have a player for a season, with the chance of picking him up for free at the end of the loan.

I would say there is 0% we send him out on loan unless there is an obligation to buy, in other words just deferring the fee to next season. Not happening, we need the cash to build.

Edited by Costock_Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, daddylonglegs said:

Honestly the only way I will not love the guy is if he goes to Arsenal or Spurs. Absolutely no accountability at either club and this is a bloke who could play at the very highest level if he's bothered. 

I actually have a horrible feeling he might end up at arsenal, my barbers a gooner and I made a £100 bet he wont join The arse, starting to feel a bit nervous. 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

I would say there is 0% we send him out on loan unless there is an obligation to buy, in other words just deferring the fee to next season. Not happening, we need the cash to build.

....if he chooses not to go then we cannot force him to do so!!!

You are going to have a player who appears to be under performing sitting around the club for a season. How do you maintain an air of professionalism with such a player at odds with the manager and staff. Letting him go out on loan recoups some money (wages) for the club, we will not be getting any monies for him (at the end of his contract) in this scenario, so there is no caveats regarding options to buy.

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if he chooses not to go then we cannot force him to do so!!!

You are going to have a player who appears to be under performing sitting around the club for a season. How do you maintain an air of professionalism with such a player at odds with the manager and staff. Letting him go out on loan recoups some money (wages) for the club, we will not be getting any monies for him (at the end of his contract) in this scenario, so there is no caveats regarding options to buy.

He wants to leave to better his career, he has been captain in this time and I’m not sure he has downed tools like a lot are accusing him of in here.

There are no signs that point to him sitting around for a season when he clearly wants to move on to maximise his short career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TommyK said:

Some of the comments on here... Youri is an outstanding midfielder. Not many players can spot a pass like he can. He's going to be a huge miss. 

It doesn’t matter how good you are. Once your blatantly showing you’re not arsed and willing to down tools, I couldn’t care less how good you are. Need eleven fighters on that pitch every week. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Brilliant midfielders have come and gone. Seen the bright lights and left us behind. Ask yourselves ... where are the following now: (?) (Rhetorical by the way):

Danny Drinkwater

Mark Draper

Mark Blake

Lee Marshall

Astrit Ajdjdjdjdjdjdjdjarerijivivijivc.

Zsolt Lazcksckzkszszkzo.

We'll be alright. 

Kante, Mahrez?

Edited by Merchant_Banker
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

It doesn’t matter how good you are. Once your blatantly showing you’re not arsed and willing to down tools, I couldn’t care less how good you are. Need eleven fighters on that pitch every week. 

I'd be tempted to leave Youri out of the remaining league games as much as possible.

I accepted at the end of last season that he would be gone by Summer 2022 so its time to look ahead. I don't want to seem bitter about his departure when it happens but he is putting it to the test in a big way of late!

The next few weeks are ideal to get minutes in to players on the periphery and get them to gel ahead of next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FOXSE said:

At this point, I would say to youri: sign a 5 year deal, or we are selling you to Manchester United.

And youri would say then I won't agree to a contract with them and you will get nothing and I will go on a free next year if you sell me to a team I don't want to go to 

Hopefully we get a fair price for him in the summer as it looks like his time is done with us, shame it’s come to this but his drop in form is shocking, pretty much like his attitude apparently, hero to zero ala Mahrez… :dunno:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, NewquayFox said:

Hopefully we get a fair price for him in the summer as it looks like his time is done with us, shame it’s come to this but his drop in form is shocking, pretty much like his attitude apparently, hero to zero ala Mahrez… :dunno:

Give the guy some credit, he’s hardly pulling a Mahrez. He’s played every match going for club and country for 2 or 3 seasons now, including European club football. He’s knackered and needs a break.

Honestly, a couple of misplaced passes and not fouling a Newcastle player and now ‘he’s pulling a Mahrez’ :doh:

• Like 1

i don’t see a lack of effort with youri, just a player woefully out of form.  He begs for the ball but just seems to make poor choices at the moment. 

i actually think belgium broke his confidence at the euros 

• Like 1

Love these breaking transfer Twitter accounts breaking transfer news that broke about 12 months ago. 

We all know he's off. The club will know he's off. We rarely - if ever these days - come out of these sort of sagas worse off in the long term. They're very pragmatic. 

Shit happens. We'll be fine. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Give the guy some credit, he’s hardly pulling a Mahrez. He’s played every match going for club and country for 2 or 3 seasons now, including European club football. He’s knackered and needs a break.

Honestly, a couple of misplaced passes and not fouling a Newcastle player and now ‘he’s pulling a Mahrez’ :doh:

Said today he wants away, where did I mention misplaced passes or not fouling a Newcastle player you Eejit… :mad: