Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

22 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Give the guy some credit, he’s hardly pulling a Mahrez. He’s played every match going for club and country for 2 or 3 seasons now, including European club football. He’s knackered and needs a break.

Honestly, a couple of misplaced passes and not fouling a Newcastle player and now ‘he’s pulling a Mahrez’ :doh:

...he is not pulling a Mahrez, to a certain limit if he did resort to half what Mahrez did at least we would know where we are with him!!!

The mis-placed passes are more and more frequent, a lot of them has dropped us in the cart and were rescued by our defence and the ones that could not be dealt with, have led to goals against us. He still makes the sloppy pass in a position where we are opened up when intercepted, he does not tend to learn, if he did, it wouldn't keep on happening. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sturger said:

Im not sure he'll go, i think he's class but not sure he's mobile enough for a top club. Wont surprise me if he stays

Will probably run down his contract and do a Bosman to get an enormous signing on fee or / and contract.

Just now, jerry said:

Will probably run down his contract and do a Bosman to get an enormous signing on fee or / and contract.

It is mainly about money of course that will override ambitions to play in the CL. None of us know what LCFC have offered him. International players of his standing are usually on at least £7 and a half million a year. If he stops another year on his current contract he will lose about £2 million in pay I would think , but with no transfer fee and still in his mid-twenties a signing on fee of 5 to 10 million is likely.. If we have offered him the above salary his new club might stretch that to £8 or 9 million so financially it pays him to see his contract out.

• Sad 1

He's an easy £25-30m signing for any of the top sides, he'll go. Whether it's the right move for him I'm not so sure, he'll be a squad player and have to make the position his which if his performances mirror what they have done over the 3.5 seasons he's been here then he might not survive his first prolonged poor spell like we saw in 2019/20 only for him to then be exceptional the following season. 

That said, at his age with his pedigree and ability at such a price will see a big club come for him, I'm now at the point where £25m + and I'll be OK with that. We can get another CM in with that money, the only gripe I have is raising enough funds across the board to get the players we want in, I'm not so certain that happens with just Tielemans, Soyuncu and a few fringe players that we might struggle to sell like Praet, Perez, Choudhury etc. Can see us needing to sell another key 1st team player as well or compromise on who we want to bring in.

• Like 1

Realistically looking at the potential sides he could push for. Spurs, Arsenal and man u are crying out for someone like him. Real will have a modric hole coming up and barca seem obsessed with the prem atm. Juve also have a big rebuild coming up and  man city tend to like hoarding talent (especially with the extra subs) 

Theres no way he doesn’t leave this summer. someone will take him for that price as it’s simply good business. Youri can wait but the big clubs won’t. A years a long time in football and i’m not convinced youri can get away with 2 years like this one

26 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

If we're not in Europe we may not need to sign one tbf. 

In pure numbers of players maybe so but in terms of creative midfielders we'll be lacking. We'll try to move Tielemans and Praet on, plus one of Mendy or Choudhury. That will leave us KDH, Ndidi, Mendy/Choudhury, Soumare, Maddison.

That isn't enough for a team who plays a combination of 3 at any one time and who for the last 2+ years has suffered a number of injuries. There's still big question marks over Soumare too. 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

In pure numbers of players maybe so but in terms of creative midfielders we'll be lacking. We'll try to move Tielemans and Praet on, plus one of Mendy or Choudhury. That will leave us KDH, Ndidi, Mendy/Choudhury, Soumare, Maddison.

That isn't enough for a team who plays a combination of 3 at any one time and who for the last 2+ years has suffered a number of injuries. There's still big question marks over Soumare too. 

Or we blood some younger players? Braybrooke, Wright etc.

A lot will depend on the clubs top brass, do we want to be a threat to the big 6 or not next season.

Is this rebuild a slow burner or do they want to compete next season.

Still think we would have spent more last season if we thought we could have got Madueke for the right price. 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

I'd be disappointed if Tielemans leaves to join either Arsenal or Spurs. Neither of them will be winning any trophies anytime soon so it wouldn't make sense. Other than Liverpool, Chelsea, Man C or a move abroad, I genuinely don't understand why he'd be so quick to leave unless of course its all about money, which I think it probably is. If he goes to Juve or a team like that then fair enough as they are the type of team that wins trophies, despite them having a dodgy season. 

Edited by jayfox26
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

I'd be disappointed if Tielemans leaves to join either Arsenal or Spurs. Neither of them will be winning any trophies anytime soon so it wouldn't make sense. Other than Liverpool, Chelsea, Man C or a move abroad, I genuinely don't understand why he'd be so quick to leave unless of course its all about money, which I think it probably is. If he goes to Juve or a team like that then fair enough as they are the type of team that wins trophies, despite them having a dodgy season. 

...he will be going to a club which assures him of guaranteed starts to games!!!

There are many big clubs, but not one is going to give him that assurance. His option then will be the next level down, he may just get a deal with a club because of his reputation but it is not going to be an elite club.

We are very much the level he will have to settle for, and clubs like Villa and West Ham might just give him the assurance of starting games. We might still be the best bet for him, but he is slowly turning supporters against himself, the bridge is emitting smoke, it won't be long now.

• Like 1

On 20/04/2022 at 14:21, Lambert09 said:

Realistically looking at the potential sides he could push for. Spurs, Arsenal and man u are crying out for someone like him. Real will have a modric hole coming up and barca seem obsessed with the prem atm. Juve also have a big rebuild coming up and  man city tend to like hoarding talent (especially with the extra subs) 

Theres no way he doesn’t leave this summer. someone will take him for that price as it’s simply good business. Youri can wait but the big clubs won’t. A years a long time in football and i’m not convinced youri can get away with 2 years like this one

It appears Erikson has agreed to join the spuds, so that Avenue is probably gone

On 20/04/2022 at 21:38, Ric Flair said:

He's an easy £25-30m signing for any of the top sides, he'll go. Whether it's the right move for him I'm not so sure, he'll be a squad player and have to make the position his which if his performances mirror what they have done over the 3.5 seasons he's been here then he might not survive his first prolonged poor spell like we saw in 2019/20 only for him to then be exceptional the following season. 

That said, at his age with his pedigree and ability at such a price will see a big club come for him, I'm now at the point where £25m + and I'll be OK with that. We can get another CM in with that money, the only gripe I have is raising enough funds across the board to get the players we want in, I'm not so certain that happens with just Tielemans, Soyuncu and a few fringe players that we might struggle to sell like Praet, Perez, Choudhury etc. Can see us needing to sell another key 1st team player as well or compromise on who we want to bring in.

I think 25 million is the number, realistically.  We have no leverage - he’s a guy on a poor season who’s out of contract in a year.  There are a number of elite sides where his lack of physicality makes him basically a non-option.  It’s either Spuds or Arse in the PL, or one of the sub-Bayern German sides, or Italy.  Juve is probably the absolutely high end of potential suitors, but I’m not sure they see him as being at their level (the one they want to be at, anyway).  Who in that group is going to give you more than 25m under those circumstances? 

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...they can give us £40m then!!!

They are not the best in the transfer market, and we might be able to bluff them to a high price.

Wonder if theres a deal to be done with AMN, we seem to be linked every transfer window with him

15 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I think 25 million is the number, realistically.  We have no leverage - he’s a guy on a poor season who’s out of contract in a year.  There are a number of elite sides where his lack of physicality makes him basically a non-option.  It’s either Spuds or Arse in the PL, or one of the sub-Bayern German sides, or Italy.  Juve is probably the absolutely high end of potential suitors, but I’m not sure they see him as being at their level (the one they want to be at, anyway).  Who in that group is going to give you more than 25m under those circumstances? 

Probably the same type of club that's looking at a 20 year old championship player with no european or premiership experience for the same price

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

He’s been showing he wants to go for a long time with some of his forgettable performances lately !! Use the money to bring in someone hungry for success !!

£25-£30m doesn't get you a lot these days. Hopefully our scouting team have already done their work and we know who we want.

However, I don't think this is as cut and dried as some people seem to think. I think Tielemans sees himself at a big club, but how many will realistically come in for him given his performances this season? Arsenal possibly. Who else? If he doesn't get an offer that he fancies, he may well be with us still next season...