Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

£25-£30m doesn't get you a lot these days. Hopefully our scouting team have already done their work and we know who we want.

However, I don't think this is as cut and dried as some people seem to think. I think Tielemans sees himself at a big club, but how many will realistically come in for him given his performances this season? Arsenal possibly. Who else? If he doesn't get an offer that he fancies, he may well be with us still next season...

If he does leave and I’m sure he is leaving I’d rather see him go abroad rather than another PL club !

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 2

Everyone has noticed our slow tempo football for a long time now and youri is one of the problems, he has no energy or desire and that filters through the whole team, I honestly believe he’s up there with the best in the league on his day but that’s no good if you’re a passenger for a season at a time, I personally would rather a high energy box to box replacement with steel and am ok with him going

• Like 2

If he knows he going at the end of the season why did we play him Thursday? He would rather us not be in the Europa deep down if thats the case.. Maddison was playing like it as well unless he just had a bad game..

This was like when Chilwell was playing for us when we was going for Champion League and ended up missing out

All it takes is one bad egg and the team really is a not a team anymore.. 

One more thing to add with our club being a stepping stone for players then we will hardly achieve anything if they all want to jump ship eventually. loads to sort out for the club.

Edited by whoareyaaa

8 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

If he knows he going at the end of the season why did we play him Thursday? He would rather us not be in the Europa deep down if thats the case.. Maddison was playing like it as well unless he just had a bad game..

This was like when Chilwell was playing for us when we was going for Champion League and ended up missing out

All it takes is one bad egg and the team really is a not a team anymore.. 

One more thing to add with our club being a stepping stone for players then we will hardly achieve anything if they all want to jump ship eventually. loads to sort out for the club.

Disagree personally his poor performances have made it harder for him to get a decent club. He doesn’t gain personally if we are poor, it’s to his detriment. 

He was visibly upset when we missed out on top four last season. 

If we didn’t play him on Thursday, we would have had Hamza running around the Olimpico. We’ve got no alternative currently. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Disagree personally his poor performances have made it harder for him to get a decent club. He doesn’t gain personally if we are poor, it’s to his detriment. 

He was visibly upset when we missed out on top four last season. 

If we didn’t play him on Thursday, we would have had Hamza running around the Olimpico. We’ve got no alternative currently. 

not if his agent has got a deal already sealed, then he could just go through the motions.

I would imagine he was upset last season as he probably knew he was here this season.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

not if his agent has got a deal already sealed, then he could just go through the motions.

I would imagine he was upset last season as he probably knew he was here this season.

The idea that players just go through the motions playing football is nonsense. You’d be more likely to get injured if the case. And your premise has a huge IF to it. 

The champions league qualification would have build his reputation and be in a larger shop window. 

• Thanks 1

On 06/05/2022 at 06:54, foxile5 said:

Last night knocked about 10m off his price tag.

This is why Monaco weren't exactly gutted to be losing him. Great when he's got a bit of hunger but largely pedestrian when that fades.

you can’t really knock him when it’s comes to the last few seasons - he’s been top class for us and  that goal to win us the FA cup was sublime.

Has his head been turned and is it time for him to go? Probably. But you can separate what he’s done for us and  what’s gone on this season- if we knew this was how it would end when were interested in him all those seasons ago, I’d still sign him.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The idea that players just go through the motions playing football is nonsense. You’d be more likely to get injured if the case. And your premise has a huge IF to it. 

The champions league qualification would have build his reputation and be in a larger shop window. 

I couldn't agree with you more. I'm fat and middle aged and couldn't go "through the motions" playing 5 a side with my mates as soon as you kick off your desperate to win its human nature.

Professional athletes like youri are ruthlessly competitve they have to be to make it in an industry like football. They despise losing they don't wanna lose a small sided game in training or a game of snankes of ladders with their kids. 

The idea that he could rock up at the stadio olmpico with a load of mates in a european semi final and not try his hardest is laughable. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LestaLad said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/18495466/arsenal-youri-tielemans-transfer-madrid/

The Sun reporting Arsenal are confident of sealing a £40m move for him. Real Madrid will be waiting though if Arsenal don’t get top 4.

Can't begrudge him going to either.  Arsenal seem to have really turned the corner but surely if there is a sniff of a move to Real, he goes there.  I don't believe that Real's decision to go for him rests on whether Arsenal are in the Champions League or not.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I'm not saying Youri is doing this, but I've heard a few ex pro's talk about not being bothered to play for certain managers after a certain amount of time or maybe not going all in if they have a move lined up.

Usually they just wouldn't get a game or refuse to play like Fraser did, or a story I heard Andy Keogh tell where he pretended to have the flu as he hated Steve Lomas so much.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Youri is an exceptionally professional, honest guy. He's done absolutely nothing to warrant accusations he doesn't care or isn't trying. They're just boring, generic, cliché comments thrown about by people who's whole relationship with football seems to be parroting crap off social media. 

The guy has unquestionably been in worse form this year than last, not denying that. But there's myriad reasons that could likely be, not least the fact he's got to be ridiculously fatigued by now. 

I get so bored of players leaving always being a huge drama. He's not done anything inappropriate, he signed a contract and he's honoured it and now we want to sell him whilst he's got a year left so we don't lose him for free. 

What's wrong with any of that? He's not messed anyone around or done anything unethical. 

Stop speaking sense, we're not used to that here!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MPH said:

you can’t really knock him when it’s comes to the last few seasons - he’s been top class for us and  that goal to win us the FA cup was sublime.

Has his head been turned and is it time for him to go? Probably. But you can separate what he’s done for us and  what’s gone on this season- if we knew this was how it would end when were interested in him all those seasons ago, I’d still sign him.

Oh absolutely. 

No sour grapes at all. He's been a hero of a player. Just when he's done he's done. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Always be grateful for what he's done but for over half the time he's been here he's been slow and ponderous. We're not a good enough to have a side that isn't physical and doesn't put the work in. Maddison plays better without him too now.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Youri is an exceptionally professional, honest guy. He's done absolutely nothing to warrant accusations he doesn't care or isn't trying. They're just boring, generic, cliché comments thrown about by people who's whole relationship with football seems to be parroting crap off social media. 

The guy has unquestionably been in worse form this year than last, not denying that. But there's myriad reasons that could likely be, not least the fact he's got to be ridiculously fatigued by now. 

I get so bored of players leaving always being a huge drama. He's not done anything inappropriate, he signed a contract and he's honoured it and now we want to sell him whilst he's got a year left so we don't lose him for free. 

What's wrong with any of that? He's not messed anyone around or done anything unethical. 

He's professional yeah but he's also possibly the most 'big time' player we've got so having a player around whos heads not in it isn't helpful. The view you're taming is the polar opposite to the 'he doesn't care' view. He cares about himself and playing for a season being wary of getting injured hasn't always helped us.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot