Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

8 hours ago, Jabfox said:

I have a horrible feeling he’ll go Arsenal. 

Think he should go abroad imo 

If Arsenal give us £40mil I’d be delighted if he went there. It’s twice what I was expecting him to fetch.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Always be grateful for what he's done but for over half the time he's been here he's been slow and ponderous. We're not a good enough to have a side that isn't physical and doesn't put the work in. Maddison plays better without him too now.

Absolutely. If given the choice when we signed him of him scoring the winning goal in an fa cup final, we'd have snapped their hands off, but he signed a 4 year contract, and from year 3, speculation started and his form turned to shit.

I would be wary of giving him a new contract if he wanted it now,as likelihood would be 4 years max and the evidence shows that from 2 years left, his mind is elsewhere and his form turns to shit.

Been great for us first 2 seasons, but a large part of the reason it is getting worse. When he's off it, were off it. Can't afford.to carry him

6 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Absolutely. If given the choice when we signed him of him scoring the winning goal in an fa cup final, we'd have snapped their hands off, but he signed a 4 year contract, and from year 3, speculation started and his form turned to shit.

I would be wary of giving him a new contract if he wanted it now,as likelihood would be 4 years max and the evidence shows that from 2 years left, his mind is elsewhere and his form turns to shit.

Been great for us first 2 seasons, but a large part of the reason it is getting worse. When he's off it, were off it. Can't afford.to carry him

Disagree that he was great for us in his first 2 seasons. He was great during his loan spell, but very mediocre and disappointing in his first full season. Great last season though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Correlation is not causation, something something…

Not always, but it's the obvious place to start looking, and there is a reason it gets confused, and that for me is because the exception does not something something the rule.

(Stereotypes are there for a reason.)

10 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Disagree that he was great for us in his first 2 seasons. He was great during his loan spell, but very mediocre and disappointing in his first full season. Great last season though.

I agree with the first bit but, and maybe my memory ain't what it used to be (very good possibility), in my mind that goal in the fa cup final was a surprise as his performances were already tailing off from his early highs (minus the (temporary?) lull just after signing permanently.

Either way, it looks like we've had more like 1-1.5 seasons of prime tielemans, out of a 4 year contract, cos if he don't get his move this summer I have little confidence we will see prime tielemans in his final season, unless he needs it for selfish reasons to get his big move.

He is in his right to do what he is doing but the way we elevated his career, the right thing to me would be signing a new contract so we get top level money for him, with him repaying us for what we did for him.

£40m would be great now, but not mich of a profit for a player who was worth double that at his best, and if he gets a high paying move, it feels to me like we have been played and he is an excellent business man.

I'm not actually bothered where he goes now, because for me, apart from the new club bounce, he ain't all that and won't be the player we expected when he was at his best.

Yes, he's been "professional", but despite the way it ended, he ain't no Mahrez, in football terms, and doesn't represent the same level of success in terms of getting top money for a player.

Edited by gw_leics772
But but
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

I agree with the first bit but, and maybe my memory ain't what it used to be (very good possibility), in my mind that goal in the fa cup final was a surprise as his performances were already tailing off from his early highs (minus the (temporary?) lull just after signing permanently.

Either way, it looks like we've had more like 1-1.5 seasons of prime tielemans, out of a 4 year contract, cos if he don't get his move this summer I have little confidence we will see prime tielemans in his final season, unless he needs it for selfish reasons to get his big move.

He is in his right to do what he is doing but the way we elevated his career, the right thing to me would be signing a new contract so we get top level money for him, with him repaying us for what we did for him.

£40m would be great now, but not mich of a profit for a player who was worth double that at his best, and if he gets a high paying move, it feels to me like we have been played and he is an excellent business man.

I'm not actually bothered where he goes now, because for me, apart from the new club bounce, he ain't all that and won't be the player we expected when he was at his best.

Yes, he's been "professional", but despite the way it ended, he ain't no Mahrez, in football terms, and doesn't represent the same level of success in terms of getting top money for a player.

I doubt very much we'll see anything like 40m and even at his best he was never worth 80m.

He's incredibly devalued now due to his contract running down and his form which has been dreadful. I don't see any decent team wanting him for good money, to them he's merely a punt and I think we'd get no more than 25m if we can get shut of him at all which is a distinct possibility. He's certainly not worth us breaking the bank for, better he goes for all concerned. 

• Like 1

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I increasingly believe tilemans  won’t leave this summer. Not because he wants to stay but because he has not showed the form required to get the interest from teams that he would want to go to. I think he thinks he wants a top champions league team and I think any of those teams will look at his form this season and think he is not consistent enough

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

If Arsenal give us £40mil I’d be delighted if he went there. It’s twice what I was expecting him to fetch.

id prefer him to go abroad but we can’t knock back 40m for him at this stage of his contract..

30 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I increasingly believe tilemans  won’t leave this summer. Not because he wants to stay but because he has not showed the form required to get the interest from teams that he would want to go to. I think he thinks he wants a top champions league team and I think any of those teams will look at his form this season and think he is not consistent enough

I genuinely would prefer he went, another season of his mediocrity is not what we need. Still be astonished if a genuine top club wants him, Real Madrid link is laughable.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

The guy has unquestionably been in worse form this year than last, not denying that. But there's myriad reasons that could likely be, not least the fact he's got to be ridiculously fatigued by now. 

....Rodgers states that he needs to be played continuously in order to maintain his form, we can't have it both ways!!!

He has picked up slightly recently, but I still believe we have indulged him and that has not helped him to grow as a player or mature. My take on his continually playing is tantamount to empire building, if no one gets a chance in his position, then no one can take the position away from him.

There is talk that he looks for guarantee of playing time, every where he goes, he is not going to get that, we could still see him here for the next season and beyond.