Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

I don't blame Youri for wanting European football. If he wants that and to go, fine, but he has let himself down and is tarnishing his reputation. Many of us would of thanked him and wished him well but I now feel utterly fed up and disappointed in him.

He should be benched. He wants out and isn't playing anywhere near to his capabilities and hasn't for a very long time. Play those that want to be here and want to fight (which granted isn't probably many 😆🤷‍♀️🤦‍♀️)

Bye Youri 👋 

• Like 4

Been a good servant for us and that FA cup final goal with stay with us forever.

He's badly out of form as the team just isn't functioning this year its harder for him to influence the games as we'd like.  Whether his head just isn't there i'm not so sure we can never tell what's going on in a players head.

Deserves a good send off from us of course but in general Soumare should be starting ahead of him now until the end of the season to give him experience of the league and we can judge/see what he can do with little pressure on him.

Edited by foxes1988
  • Like 2

Happily take £40m from Arsenal.

Leave him in the U23s for the rest of the season. He doesn't want to be here so what's the point in playing him?

Absolutely ludicrous that we played KDH at left back yesterday. Should have been Thomas and KDH starting in their natural positions given they're the future of the club and Tielemans is the past.

• Like 1

Couple of days old but missed it because it's the Sun:

Arsenal closing in on £40m Youri Tielemans transfer… but Real Madrid will pounce if Gunners miss top four

I'm not even linking to the article, because **** the Sun. But that's the general gist of all that's going on I reckon. I'd rather he go to Madrid, and think it would suit him better. It would be painful seeing him at Arsenal, and even more so because of his awful drop off this season.

11 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Couple of days old but missed it because it's the Sun:

Arsenal closing in on £40m Youri Tielemans transfer… but Real Madrid will pounce if Gunners miss top four

I'm not even linking to the article, because **** the Sun. But that's the general gist of all that's going on I reckon. I'd rather he go to Madrid, and think it would suit him better. It would be painful seeing him at Arsenal, and even more so because of his awful drop off this season.

The "Sun" and the truth are barely even acquainted.

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Can he **** off please? He was embarrassing yesterday. What's the point in playing him. Give Soumare a go.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Can he **** off please? He was embarrassing yesterday. What's the point in playing him. Give Soumare a go.

100%.

With little to play for we should be looking to players that will be here next season

21 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Be better off with you in there than Bouba ….. he needs time to get himself back together ……

YT is trying but mentally he’s not here any more ….. makes a huge difference …..

we need a tempo player in that position  - a ward-prowse type 

53 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

PLAY SAMMY BRAYBROOKE. Tielemans is clearly wanting to avoid injury before his move in the summer based on his output yesterday. 

True, I also think we should be avoiding him getting injured at all costs. That money could be crucial this summer. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Be better off with you in there than Bouba ….. he needs time to get himself back together ……

YT is trying but mentally he’s not here any more ….. makes a huge difference …..

we need a tempo player in that position  - a ward-prowse type 

Bouba would be fine if the manager hadn't told everyone he was lazy and never wanted to sign him. 

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed. He deserves a send off, but absolutely no place in this team in his current state and would much rather one of Wanya Marca or Sammy Braybrooke play if Soumare isn't up to it.

He looks like he is trying but nothing is coming off.

I would be looking to next season without a doubt, maybe even playing maddison in the playmaker role and see how he gets on.

I think BR is scared to drop him.

• Like 1

The narrative seems to be arsenal if they get CL (seems v likely) 

I would have thought that with his kids settled in England he would prefer to stay in the PL rather than moving to a different country 

unless a Man City or liverpool decide they want him, I expect we will see him at the emirates next season. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

The narrative seems to be arsenal if they get CL (seems v likely) 

I would have thought that with his kids settled in England he would prefer to stay in the PL rather than moving to a different country 

unless a Man City or liverpool decide they want him, I expect we will see him at the emirates next season. 

I think your right. 

Agreed, drop him for the remaining games and give him minutes against Southampton for a deserved send off. 

There’s no question Tielemans can be borderline World Class on his day. But the bloke doesn’t suit an elite level of football. He’s too flat footed to play passing football and gets caught in possession - The total opposite of “press resistant”. He has to play EVERY. single. week. to stay match fit (which doesn’t suit the Elite teams and their big squads by the way).

And most of all, when the going gets tough or the big games come around he absolutely ghosts.

He has dined out on that FA Cup final goal all season for us this year, and honestly I can’t name you a performance this season that was worth a 30m player let alone 40m.

This season he remind me a little of Pogba, loads of talent but a lack of drive. 

Seems a long time ago since he was fist pumping to the fans in the Newcastle home game. 

It a shame he didn't look for a transfer last summer, the club would have made more money and he would not have tarnish he reputation with the fan base as much

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

He’s clearly trying to get through games with as minimal risk as possible. Given our injury record he probably doesn‘t want to risk his summer move. 

Shouldn’t play for us again.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dames said:

He’s clearly trying to get through games with as minimal risk as possible. Given our injury record he probably doesn‘t want to risk his summer move. 

Shouldn’t play for us again.

Yeah, he needs to sit.