Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

14 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

with ilkay gundogan leaving Man City at the end of the season wonder if someone like them would come in for YT.....

Where did you hear Gundogan was leaving? It wouldn't surprise me if Youri did go to Man City. Kompany and De Bruyne were clearly talking him up to Pep on the pitch that one time lol

Edited by CloudFox

20 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Where did you hear Gundogan was leaving? It wouldn't surprise me if Youri did go to Man City. Kompany and De Bruyne were clearly talking him up to Pep on the pitch that one time lol

I don't see how he fits in at Man City, have they ever had a player who wasn't pretty quick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

with ilkay gundogan leaving Man City at the end of the season wonder if someone like them would come in for YT.....

Can't see it. Tielemans is no way fit enough nor plays at a high enough intensity to play for a Guardiola side. He's the opposite of a ManCity type player I think.

Don't think he's good enough, even at his best to play for ManCity either, but that's another debate.

Edited by Sampson

17 minutes ago, weller54 said:

His performances this season have been bordering unprofessional...

On the basis of his efforts this season he won't be missed!!

Be great to get someone in who wants to play for the club.

I agree and that's really sad.

He was my first footballing hero for years and years the last 2 seasons but the limpid and lazy performances this seasons have really took a shine off of that.

I know some of them can be attributed to overplaying - although I think that's a watery excuse - but some of what I've watched on the pitch is 100% down to attitude and appetite. 

It does both us and him no favours, either. He won't get a big move waddling around the pitch with the hump and it'll drive down his cost. In many ways the best time to part ways was the tail of last year. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

been reported in the media yesterday about IK leaving Man City

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tanya said:

I agree one thousand per cent. His form isn't as sparkling as before but he still does a lot right as our deep lying midfielder. He runs his socks off and is joyous when the team scores.  I think he's being professional, which is why he's in the team even though he wants to move clubs. 

Some people just want to criticise no matter what. 

And some people over-react!!!!

There tends to be a giveaway in their posts!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Now that we know he is leaving its made many fans completely incapable of recognising any change in performance level in him though except if it were to get worse. He's had some much better games or good chunks of games and yet hardly anyone makes reference to that, instead it's that he's fat and lazy and crap

That's more like Soumare! Aside from being flippant, the two main criticisms that can, objectively, be levelled against him are his error-prone passing in dangerous positions and his inability to tackle consistently. It appears that he drifts in and out of focus during every game - which makes me wonder if it's a psychological or even physiological condition of some form. A team like City just cannot afford to carry a player and hope he produces a wonder goal or assist at least once a game.

Tielemans biggest attribute is the first time forward (or progressive) pass between 5 and 25 yards.  He does need to raise his concentration levels because he does sometimes screw up the easier ones 

he sees the game in a similar way to Esteban who was also a player who knew where everyone was on the pitch two moves ahead of receiving it (Esteban was better than YT is this regard)

a club like Man City would be perfect for him imo - their patterns of play are so specific and full of movement off the ball - we’ve heard no links of him there which would make it seem less likely but then again, Man City are sometimes v secretive re their dealings …

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Was Tielemans poor form in the 2nd half of 2019/20 because he was being unprofessional and wanted out or just that he's sadly got it in him to go big chunks of a season way off the heights he hits when he's on form?

There's not a chance Rodgers plays Tielemans is he's openly downed tools, I think he tried to test Youri on that after the Forest debacle and seemingly he's accepted that that's not the case at all.

Now that we know he is leaving its made many fans completely incapable of recognising any change in performance level in him though except if it were to get worse. He's had some much better games or good chunks of games and yet hardly anyone makes reference to that, instead it's that he's fat and lazy and crap. 

Completely agree. So many times he's made great challenges in midfield and I never hear anyone praising him. I think a lot of his struggles this season have come about due to Ndidi being completely out of form/injured/position all season. It gives Youri a lot more dirty work to do, which isn't the part of his game that makes him the class player he is.

All that being said, him not putting in class performances week in, week out has made me a lot more at peace with the fact he's leaving this summer. Last summer I'd probably have booed my eyes out at the thought

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Was Tielemans poor form in the 2nd half of 2019/20 because he was being unprofessional and wanted out or just that he's sadly got it in him to go big chunks of a season way off the heights he hits when he's on form?

There's not a chance Rodgers plays Tielemans is he's openly downed tools, I think he tried to test Youri on that after the Forest debacle and seemingly he's accepted that that's not the case at all.

Now that we know he is leaving its made many fans completely incapable of recognising any change in performance level in him though except if it were to get worse. He's had some much better games or good chunks of games and yet hardly anyone makes reference to that, instead it's that he's fat and lazy and crap. 

fat, lazy, crap AND slow 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

*???

I think what he is trying to say is that your superiority complex is becoming a little nauseating. In nearly every thread you post in now.

We all get you want Rogers to stay. Well done.  Some do not. Get over it.

• Thanks 1

The Spuds-ship may have sailed and the Arsenal ship went down like theTitanic last night. So it will be interesting to see where he ends up.  Stays here and next summer he could command a huge signing on fee and we end up with zilch.

Don't see how we let him allow his contract to expire, we need the money for the rebuild or a fully engaged Youri. 

If he doesn't get his move, you'd expect both sides to see common sense and agree a new contract with a release clause for a CL club. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Don't see how we let him allow his contract to expire, we need the money for the rebuild or a fully engaged Youri. 

If he doesn't get his move, you'd expect both sides to see common sense and agree a new contract with a release clause for a CL club. 

Why would Tielemans do that? Free transfers are well known to be quids in for the player and allow them to get a bigger contract. It would be common sense for him to run his contract down.

If he doesn't go this summer, he goes for nothing next summer no doubt, probably after another season of performances like this one.

• Like 3