Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

5 hours ago, Phenom said:

I’ve thought Pepe would be good for us for a long time. What will be his wage demands, though ?

His wages are high but he wants to leave Arsenal and play so wherever he goes he will probably struggle to get the same wage as Arsenal. It says online he's on 140k per week but if he wants to go somewhere he will play week in week out then he's going to have to be a bit flexible. They are apparently willing to consider 25m for him and take a huge hit on the 72 they signed him for. I think he just needs to go somewhere where he can start.  He wants to play which is the main thing and not sit on the bench collecting big wages. It's hard for any player to hit form when they only get 10-20 mins a game. He scored 16 last year and 6 in 13 this year in the Europa so there's a player there he just needs his confidence back by being number 1 in his position. When Arsenal signed him loads of big clubs wanted him and he's done well whenever played. It was just bad luck for him Saka was coming through and took his place. Him and Saliba and we are well on our way to being sorted. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

When he plays regularly he scores goals and makes things happen. He just needs his confidence back. The main reason he's seen as a flop is because they paid 72m and then despite scoring 16 goals last season only gets 10-20 mins when he does even get on as they have Saka, he's demoralised and wants to play regular football. He's not a 72m pound player although they paid that because he was scoring for fun in France and loads of big clubs wanted him, still way overpriced. For 25m though, which is less than we paid for Perez he could be a great player for us as a left footed RW. If they really want Tielemans there must be a deal to be done and one with Saliba too.

This is fanciful stuff at best, but yeah, if it was possible (which I just can’t see it, I mean, has there ever been such a complex swap deal done before?), where we could swap Tielemans for Saliba and Pepe, then brilliant. Keep Fofana happy too, with such a big high profile French contingent at the club

2 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Man Utd might now!

...we should be worried..!!!

They have failed to be able to compete with their neighbours and a Liverpool club on the march. They are not going to stay like this forever and Pogba leaving is a big indication of them cleaning house.

Their place in the leagues top positions have been under threat for some time, that opportunity could now be slipping away. 

We need to be one of the teams that can take advantage of any slip-up that they make.

• Like 1

Pogba leaving isn’t an indication of them “cleaning house” it’s an indication of him wanting to leave. They offered him an improved deal. He’s leaving and agreeing to take less money than others have offered. “Cleaning house” indicates they’re being ruthless when the opposite is true, they bent over backwards as far as they could go and it still isn’t enough to keep him.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we should be worried..!!!

They have failed to be able to compete with their neighbours and a Liverpool club on the march. They are not going to stay like this forever and Pogba leaving is a big indication of them cleaning house.

Their place in the leagues top positions have been under threat for some time, that opportunity could now be slipping away. 

We need to be one of the teams that can take advantage of any slip-up that they make.

Man U are not cleaning house !!

The reverse is true in fact, they are pooping the bed.

Pogba & Lingard should have been sold last Summer when they still had some value instead of being allowed to walk away for free.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

If United are cleaning house i wouldn't turn my nose up at Mata as Youri's replacement

He's not got the legs. It'd be a defensive horror show 

• Like 4

On 21/05/2022 at 00:38, turlo said:

Doubt Juve will be coming in for Youri if they sign Pogba + the 3 midfielders they signed last summer

It's pretty funny when you think about it. Juve sign him for nothing from Utd, sell him back for over £90m and then get him for nothing again! 

• Like 3

I'll be very disappointed in him if he signs for Arsenal given that all of the noises his representatives were making regarding not signing a new contract at Leicester were because he wanted Champions League football. Beyond next season I genuinely can't see Arsenal qualifying for either the CL or EL for a while given the resurgence of Spurs, the likelihood of United getting their act together and pushes from peripheral clubs such as ourselves, West Ham, Villa, Newcastle, etc. 

• Like 2