Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Didn't they pay £50m for Ben White. We should definitely push for more, but at the same time I agree that if he's going we want it to be sooner rather than later.

As mentioned above, doesn't necessarily seem the best move to me with Arsenal still being so inconsistent, especially at what should in theory be the peak of his career. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Didn't they pay £50m for Ben White. We should definitely push for more, but at the same time I agree that if he's going we want it to be sooner rather than later.

As mentioned above, doesn't necessarily seem the best move to me with Arsenal still being so inconsistent, especially at what should in theory be the peak of his career. 

I don't think he's going to have many options personally.

25M always seemed like the realistic number to me.  If you can talk them up to 30 great, but we're not in a strong bargaining position here.  The player wants out, he's almost out of contract, and he's coming off a bad season.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I'll be very disappointed in him if he signs for Arsenal given that all of the noises his representatives were making regarding not signing a new contract at Leicester were because he wanted Champions League football. Beyond next season I genuinely can't see Arsenal qualifying for either the CL or EL for a while given the resurgence of Spurs, the likelihood of United getting their act together and pushes from peripheral clubs such as ourselves, West Ham, Villa, Newcastle, etc. 

Just take the 25-30m and run, he doesn’t want to be here, hasn’t played well this season and hasn’t look right for ages. All this CL football was probably smoke and mirrors, he wants more money and a bigger club, he doesn’t have the luxury of the best clubs coming in for him, and he knows it. 

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

Pay the money, get the player. 

Simple. He's been a great player for us, but now it's time to move on. He's been disappointing all season, and it's time that he went to a new place. Would rather have someone who wants to put the shirt on than does not. 

i’d be surprised if newcastle didn’t come at us for him. He’s the type of player that will raise them significantly, he’s a known quantity and available. 

If youri isn’t all about the CL then i’d be surprised if he turned down a mega money contract from them 

• Like 1

Surely some Arsenal Dork has bought the new shirt with Youri’s name on it?  They did it for Mahrez, Vardy & Madders.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...people have been saying that for years!!!

Experience and putting yourself in the right position stops you having to run so much. We have struggled a lot when we have come up against him.

He doesn't have any running power anymore, he never really did anyway but he's 34 now. He's got a great brain but that doesn't matter when he just can't keep up

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

i’d be surprised if newcastle didn’t come at us for him. He’s the type of player that will raise them significantly, he’s a known quantity and available. 

If youri isn’t all about the CL then i’d be surprised if he turned down a mega money contract from them 

Not sure that position is a pressing priority for them now that they've signed Bruno so think Newcastle is unlikely. 

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

is this the clubs way of trying to get other clubs involved? Making everyone aware he’s available at that price 

Where does it say he’s available at that price? It says they’re going to bid £25mill. It doesn’t say we’ll accept.

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Where does it say he’s available at that price? It says they’re going to bid £25mill. It doesn’t say we’ll accept.

I think it's just a load of bull. When has a club ever said they're going to bid x amount for a player?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

it says that we want 30m. Percy is closely linked to the club, don’t be surprised if we e asked him to put that figure down to drive interest 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

it says that we want 30m. Percy is closely linked to the club, don’t be surprised if we e asked him to put that figure down to drive interest 

We don’t need a journalist to drive interest

thats what agents are for !   Any club who is interested in YT will have made contact with his agent.  Any club who hasn’t done this isn’t interested! 

when journos are given titbits it’s generally for the fans benefit.  Journos need articles that get clicks - tielemans is hot arsenal news at the moment  - any article on his transfer status will drive a decent return.  We get an article out there which has a nice photo of YT with our sponsors front and centre. 

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

We don’t need a journalist to drive interest

thats what agents are for !   Any club who is interested in YT will have made contact with his agent.  Any club who hasn’t done this isn’t interested! 

when journos are given titbits it’s generally for the fans benefit.  Journos need articles that get clicks - tielemans is hot arsenal news at the moment  - any article on his transfer status will drive a decent return.  We get an article out there which has a nice photo of YT with our sponsors front and centre. 

you’d be surprised 

Just now, splinterdream said:

It's amazing to think that quite a few of us just want him gone, it would not be good for this to drag on but that's quite possible that clubs will wait knowing we may get desperate 

It won’t be good for it to drag on. We need him gone so we can start bringing players in. There’s a really short pre season we need to find 5 players and integrate them into the team. Ideally we want all of the signings done before the pre-season starts.