Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Well if it's Arsenal they'll be offering about £2.50 as usual - they were a complete joke a year or two back 

If he goes here you have to be disappointed all the way round as he can do better and its sideways more than massively upward - I think it would be a big mistake for him 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

Maybe Tielemans and others also think Leicester have peaked?  You can understand the desire to move to CL club (as bad as his season has been, he is a CL player).

Let’s hope a number of clubs are in and it pushes his price up.

Ryan bloody Jack was a Champions League player this season :crylaugh:

Leicester haven’t peaked, we’re in a Golden Age at the club. Do think that Tielemans is a bit of mismatch now, would love a more dynamic player to replace him.

I’d take 30M if we could get an athlete with passing range. Just not sure who is available.

14 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Well if it's Arsenal they'll be offering about £2.50 as usual - they were a complete joke a year or two back 

If he goes here you have to be disappointed all the way round as he can do better and its sideways more than massively upward - I think it would be a big mistake for him 

Agree, if they got CL football I can understand the reasons for his move but they didn't so I find it difficult to understand what he thinks he personally will gain apart from a few extra quid and Europa league next season. 

We have won more trophies than arsenal recently and I see no reason for that to change if we can keep progressing, regardless of this difficult season we are a club on the up imo. 

The grass is greenest where you water it. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Agree, if they got CL football I can understand the reasons for his move but they didn't so I find it difficult to understand what he thinks he personally will gain apart from a few extra quid and Europa league next season. 

We have won more trophies than arsenal recently and I see no reason for that to change if we can keep progressing, regardless of this difficult season we are a club on the up imo. 

The grass is greenest where you water it. 

Don't understimate the pull of those few extra quid.

It's also worth remembering that footballers are not immune from subjective notions of what constitutes a 'big' club. Tielemans may regard moving to Arsenal as a step up because they are a more famous club than Leicester and have a more successful history. That their current squad is not obviously much better than ours may be a secondary consideration for him. This is irritating for us, but it is the way that some footballers will think.

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Don't understimate the pull of those few extra quid.

It's also worth remembering that footballers are not immune from subjective notions of what constitutes a 'big' club. Tielemans may regard moving to Arsenal as a step up because they are a more famous club than Leicester and have a more successful history. That their current squad is not obviously much better than ours may be a secondary consideration for him. This is irritating for us, but it is the way that some footballers will think.

Yeah you are spot on, its frustrating but it is what it is. 

Ideally this gets done asap so we can get a replacement in focus on our best 11 for next year and not be left in this predicament with a half arsed Youri. I feel he's ever so slightly tarnishing his reputation with fans over this transfer saga which is always gonna happen I guess. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just saw on the arse forum, someone proposing a swap of Youri for Pepe. 

Well we need a RW I guess... 

lol no. Not Pepe. Theyd have to pay us to take him. High wages and a shit footballer

• Like 1

I feel like if they offered £30m we’d take it. Arsenal aren’t going to be much better next season and I can’t see Youri being the one who takes them up a few places.

Personally I always appreciate the headlines of “he wants to play CL football” followed by, any link to arsenal.

If he’d not been so shit in the ECL this year (let alone EL) we’d have had a good shot at being in the same competitions as arsenal next season anyway.

4 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

I've heard he's potentially signing a new contract.......

*As always, take it or leave it, no backlash, just saying what I heard*

Wouldn’t surprise me and I hope he does. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

I've heard he's potentially signing a new contract.......

*As always, take it or leave it, no backlash, just saying what I heard*

How much do you trust the source? It would be great news, but I also do wonder if his time with us has run its course. Maybe that's just a coping mechanism for him leaving though!

Just now, CloudFox said:

How much do you trust the source? It would be great news, but I also do wonder if his time with us has run its course. Maybe that's just a coping mechanism for him leaving though!

Source was right about the Lookman transfer and was right about Youri's initial contract rejection. I'd say I trust said source 7/10. 

I'd be hugely excited if Youri stays, he's been better in the back end of the season, picked.a beaut of a pass on Sunday to put Ricardo in behind! He's someone who can pop up with moments of magic that win games. We'd miss him!  He plays much better in a more advanced position, but with Wilf out for so long, Youri has been stuck very deep, which he does well, but isn't where he's best. 

There will definitely be some clauses in that contact required to convince both parties!

• Like 2

I've had this funny feeling he won't go this year, especially since the weekend when he just didn't give the vibes of someone who was saying goodbye. Maybe a contract extension and then stick around for another year until the right move opportunity comes along for him? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rachhere said:

I've had this funny feeling he won't go this year, especially since the weekend when he just didn't give the vibes of someone who was saying goodbye. Maybe a contract extension and then stick around for another year until the right move opportunity comes along for him? 

....if he stays, the fanbase could become toxic!!!

I felt that he perhaps would stay, but these last couple of games were devoid of any pressure on him, teams know how to play him.

He is still relatively young, if he moves to arsenal then that’ll be the “best” his career gets

whatever the reason for his dip in form, possibly agents filling his head with talks of a possible big move etc has closed a lot of doors for him this transfer window, I feel the clubs he wants have him 2nd/3rd choice on their lists

stay, sign a new contract with us, whatever the clauses are, even if it’s just a 12 month extension, get some form back, put himself in the shop window and he’ll have the pick of his moves next summer 

or maybe he’s seen the plans for our “rebuild” and thinks we can match his ambitions 

Edited by Luttfox
  • Like 3

I mean seriously people, Arsenal are by any measure a bigger club than us.  They will challenge for the top 4 next season with some decent investment in the summer.  Much as I don't like them very much and they have underperformed in recent seasons, you are kidding yourself if you think that is a sideways move.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I mean seriously people, Arsenal are by any measure a bigger club than us.  They will challenge for the top 4 next season with some decent investment in the summer.  Much as I don't like them very much and they have underperformed in recent seasons, you are kidding yourself if you think that is a sideways move.

They're 100% a bigger club, but with them having European football and us not, I think we'll finish really close to each other next season.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd love Tielemans to sign a new deal but reshaping the squad remains very difficult without raising some significant funds. Tielemans stays and Iheanacho HAS to be sold IMO.

We need a minimum of £60m in sales this summer.

Where could nacho that could pay his wages?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd love Tielemans to sign a new deal but reshaping the squad remains very difficult without raising some significant funds. Tielemans stays and Iheanacho HAS to be sold IMO.

We need a minimum of £60m in sales this summer.

Looks like him and Cags aren't in Thailand so may be sorted swiftly.

Why can’t players and their agents sort these deals out earlier. He’s known for some time he wants to move on. Is that £25m acceptable to us ? Probably not. So why has Tielemans and his agent spent the last few months getting Arsenal to a more acceptable figure ? If the Arsenal move doesn’t really appeal to him - tough luck. We really need him to have done the leg work to get this done earlier so it doesn’t hinder our plans this summer. 

• Like 1