Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if he stays, the fanbase could become toxic!!!

I felt that he perhaps would stay, but these last couple of games were devoid of any pressure on him, teams know how to play him.

Utter crap

21 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Where could nacho that could pay his wages?

Newcastle would be all over Kalechi if we offered him up. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if Man City would take him back as a rotation player. 

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
21 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Could internationals have a factor here though too? 

Maybe, just seems odd that it's those 2.

46 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Looks like him and Cags aren't in Thailand so may be sorted swiftly.

Are the whole squad in Thailand for a post season tour type thing? 

Not seen anything on socials. 

14 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Forget socials, let’s see if anything gets sent to the tabloids…then the title charge is  100% on for next season.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd love Tielemans to sign a new deal but reshaping the squad remains very difficult without raising some significant funds. Tielemans stays and Iheanacho HAS to be sold IMO.

We need a minimum of £60m in sales this summer.

I presume the 'keep him' people (who tend to gloss over the uncomfortable truth that it means foregoing a significant chunk of cash) are doing so based on the assumption that he'll return to the previous season's form (or get somewhere close). Who knows? I can't see how you'd decribe it as a 'probable' outcome. If you told me we'd get a repeat of this season I'd take anything north of £20 million if it was offered. Otherwise, my fear is we'll get to the end of next season and think 'arse... that's two summers we should have sold him'. 

There seems to be general agreement that a 'mini-reset' is required, but it's accompanied by the annual squeamish/sentimental urges not to sell one of the players who could allow it to happen (and one who should bear his fair share of the blame for a reset being needed). I suppose the irritating irony is that he's one of the players who could benefit most from a reconfiguring of the team, so if we could reset to a reasonable degree and keep him... ach I dunno. I tend towards optimism in things LCFC related, but I'm not particularly optimistic keeping Youri is a good idea, unless we only get some properly shite offers.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
16 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Screenshot_20220524-202232_Instagram.jpg

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

To be fair, if it was me I’d be shitting in an envelope and posting it to Southgate.

I'd go round his house when his missus has pegged the washing out and flick spaghetti hoops all over them, did it to an annoying neighbour once over the fence (allegedly)

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I wonder if we will fight to keep him now Soumare has been told he can go

Seems to me they’re trying to free wages also to keep/bring in quality over quantity. It’s something BR mentioned in his interview last game of the season.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Seems to me they’re trying to free wages also to keep/bring in quality over quantity. It’s something BR mentioned in his interview last game of the season.

We're on the cusp of financial fair play and we seem to abide by it unlike Everton and villa. Think that's the biggest challenge.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We're on the cusp of financial fair play and we seem to abide by it unlike Everton and villa. Think that's the biggest challenge.

Yeah never understood how we seem to be year after year when we seem to be quite legit. Wonder if it’s the amount being pumped through sponsorships compared to us?

12 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Yeah never understood how we seem to be year after year when we seem to be quite legit. Wonder if it’s the amount being pumped through sponsorships compared to us?

I think they turn a blind eye to Everton. There’s no chance they’ve not breached FFP.

• Like 4