Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I wonder if we will fight to keep him now Soumare has been told he can go

I think we’d prefer to sell and get some money coming in, but it’s possible Youri will want to run his contract down. Can we really force him out the door if we accept a bid? Players have so much power these days.

Edited by Shane
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I think they turn a blind eye to Everton. There’s no chance they’ve not breached FFP.

Word was that the PL signed off on Everton’s loss so they hardly go back on that - ridiculous but if you aren’t in Europe then you don’t need to worry as n no uefa sanctions to worry about. 

of course you also need owners who are prepared to bankroll the club to an obscene level 

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I've heard that Arsenal won't pay the wages he's asking for, that's why he might stay 

Wonder what he's asking for?

Can't make any claims for how good the source is but I was told at the weekend that we'd made him an offer but it's bonus heavy.

Imagine we may be doing that with a few contracts.

1 hour ago, Shane said:

I think we’d prefer to sell and get some money coming in, but it’s possible Youri will want to run his contract down. Can we really force him out the door if we accept a bid? Players have so much power these days.

No, we can't. He'll only go if we get an offer from a club he actually wants to join.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Can't make any claims for how good the source is but I was told at the weekend that we'd made him an offer but it's bonus heavy.

it’s tough to row back

offering contracts which are heavily bonus incentivised is very Tottenham 

it worked for them but I think that ship may have sailed ref players and what they expect here. 

6 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Honestly I don’t want him to sign another contract. He needs to go and l’ll actually piss myself if he ends up at Arsenal he could win nothing for all his contract there and it will serve him right. 

Hmmm a bit bitter? But why? Bit harsh IMO?

52 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Honestly I don’t want him to sign another contract. He needs to go and l’ll actually piss myself if he ends up at Arsenal he could win nothing for all his contract there and it will serve him right. 

He won the FA Cup with us and scored the goal, makes him a legend, not happy about him going to Arsenal but I'll always applaud him as I do the other legends when they return.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

If he's staying he needs to sign a deal and get his head on straight. This wait and see business has clearly affected his season and neither Leicester City or Tielemans can afford another season where he's not at it. 

I'd be delighted if he stayed and knuckled down but equally if he leaves its not the end of the world.

Also even if Youri stays i’d still like us to sign a midfielder to compete for his position (hopefully a box to box to give us a different option!). He is not undroppable and in some games we will require a different skill set in the middle of the park. 

3 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

I was told that he was asking for 160k a week to stay here so probably in that area. 

Tbh, the bits of info I get is 3rd hand, so I wouldn't take it as gospel. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shane said:

Also even if Youri stays i’d still like us to sign a midfielder to compete for his position (hopefully a box to box to give us a different option!). He is not undroppable and in some games we will require a different skill set in the middle of the park. 

I suspect that has he has not been included with the other players in the current trip to Thailand, he is off !

4 hours ago, dannythefox said:

Thinking about it Danny, I feel the same. His performances this season haven't been good enough, the reports that there's a feeling he believes he's better than playing for us can be believed, a bit like I feel about Rodgers, I think it's time for both of them to move on imo.

8 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

If Tielemans can help us to a top 4 place then I guess it would be worth it financially to keep him for a year it’s a gamble to be honest but one perhaps the club feels worth taking.

Top 4 place:o 

8 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised to see him sign a new contract with a release clause of £35-£40m.

The club get to keep him for another year and will likely still get more than what clubs value him at right now with the contract situation. 

He's not worth it, get rid. He's shown his true colours just like Monaco saw them too.

• Like 3

Again - why would he sign a new contract with a release fee? It’s far more beneficial for him and his agent financially to leave on a free. We saw with Aaron Ramsey to Juventus how all those millions Juve would’ve spent on his transfer instead goes on the player wages and agent fees.

Tielemans will get a massive contract elsewhere if he goes on a free. Let’s say Arsenal think they want to spend £15mil on him rather than £25mil - they’ll instead put that £15mil to him and his agent as excess wages over a 4 year contract and save £10m in the process.

We’ll never be able to offer him close to what he can earn by leaving on a free next summer.

Edited by Sampson

10 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Again - why would he sign a new contract with a release fee? It’s far more beneficial for him and his agent financially to leave on a free. We saw with Aaron Ramsey to Juventus how all those millions Juve would’ve spent on his transfer instead goes on the player wages and agent fees.

Tielemans will get a massive contract elsewhere if he goes on a free. Let’s say Arsenal think they want to spend £15mil on him rather than £25mil - they’ll instead put that £15mil to him and his agent as excess wages over a 4 year contract and save £10m in the process.

We’ll never be able to offer him close to what he can earn by leaving on a free next summer.

Has that Ramsey deal really worked out for Juventus. Clubs don't automatically say "Hey, we are getting him on a free, so we can spend the putative transfer money on his wages and agents fees." They say, "Hey, we can get him on a free, that means we can spend money on another player."

I preface this by saying I think Youri is leaving, so this is purely for argument's sake:

He would sign a new contract if, having tested the waters in the transfer market, he would make more money signing with us. After such a lackluster season -- beyond his not up to standard play, he cost us numerous goals through penalties and really bad passes -- it is possible that teams are wary of giving him a blockbuster deal. The deal we have on the table is still on the table. If he signs it, he has a guaranteed higher income for the next 3-5 years. If he sees out his current contract, and has another bad year, he might not get a big money offer.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Has that Ramsey deal really worked out for Juventus. Clubs don't automatically say "Hey, we are getting him on a free, so we can spend the putative transfer money on his wages and agents fees." They say, "Hey, we can get him on a free, that means we can spend money on another player."

I preface this by saying I think Youri is leaving, so this is purely for argument's sake:

He would sign a new contract if, having tested the waters in the transfer market, he would make more money signing with us. After such a lackluster season -- beyond his not up to standard play, he cost us numerous goals through penalties and really bad passes -- it is possible that teams are wary of giving him a blockbuster deal. The deal we have on the table is still on the table. If he signs it, he has a guaranteed higher income for the next 3-5 years. If he sees out his current contract, and has another bad year, he might not get a big money offer.

No it didn’t work out for Juventus because Ramsey was crap, but it certainly worked out better than if they’d have signed him with a transfer fee and it certainly worked out for Ramsey. They absolutely do bump up the wages though because of a free where it’s a player they want who ran down their contract and the player has way more negotiating power as more teams are likely to be in for him.

We know there are clubs interested, Tielemans will have little problem finding a suitor next season and probably sign a pre-contract deal with someone in January/Feb time and in the really unlikely scenario if he can’t then he just signs a new deal with Leicester next season.

Good chance he’s already signed on a free with someone by Feb and then we do genuinely see a player who’s head is elsewhere.

It makes zero sense for Tielemans for him to sign a contract here though until all options have been exhausted next summer.

People need to forget about the contract, it’s not happening. The realistic options are get a fee for him this summer or lose him for free in the summer, likely having already signed a pre-contract with someone by February.

Edited by Sampson