Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

if he cant get a move then we put a two year contract on the table - thereby he gets bigger wages and we get a fee next summer.

Not that simple unfortunately. Plus he’s been absolutely horrendous this season. He is a player who I think has run their course with the club. If we have a chance of getting players like Kocku then we really need to force the Youri move through. He won’t sign a new deal anyway, so he is likely to just walk away at the end of next season. We need him to leave ideally so we can re-invest the money.

• Like 1

Agree it is probably time for Youri to move on but How many Clubs are interested will be interesting to see.

Would hate him to go to Arsenal and you should never sell to a potential rival for Europe but they appear the only show in town.

If Arteta makes an enquiry I would be inclined to suggest a swap deal for likes of Saliba if for nothing else than to try and drive up the price.

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I suspect we would also have to adjust the salary we pay to Vardy as well!!!

Could his performances have anything to do with the disparity in Salaries between him and Vardy, Kasper.

Surely Maddison is going to have to get an improved contract based on his Goals and performances this season.

7 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Could his performances have anything to do with the disparity in Salaries between him and Vardy, Kasper.

Surely Maddison is going to have to get an improved contract based on his Goals and performances this season.

No 

and madders got a new deal beginning season before last over 100k 

not sure we will want to top that up yet …..

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No 

I imagine we probably will rather than potentially being in the same position next summer with him as we are now with Youri

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No 

Not that it matters, but I thought his Salary is 80k based on the Premiership Salaries breakdown listed here somewhere.

Personally, I'm not in favor of big differences in salaries. It usually proves divisive among the squad. It should be a fixed Salary and extras made up of bonuses for points, wins draws. appearances, time at the Club etc.

18 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Not that it matters, but I thought his Salary is 80k based on the Premiership Salaries breakdown listed here somewhere.

Personally, I'm not in favor of big differences in salaries. It usually proves divisive among the squad. It should be a fixed Salary and extras made up of bonuses for points, wins draws. appearances, time at the Club etc.

‘James Maddison signed a 4 year / £22,880,000 contract with the Leicester City, including an annual average salary of £5,720,000. In 2022, Maddison will earn a base salary of £5,720,000, while carrying a cap hit of £5,720,000’

this is what I understood 

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I imagine we probably will rather than potentially being in the same position next summer with him as we are now with Youri

Hadnt realised I it’s only 2 years left 

In which case we do need to get that extended …..

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

‘James Maddison signed a 4 year / £22,880,000 contract with the Leicester City, including an annual average salary of £5,720,000. In 2022, Maddison will earn a base salary of £5,720,000, while carrying a cap hit of £5,720,000’

I hadn't read that. But would you feel happy earning 60k a week less than Vardy given that Maddison has scored more goals also this season.

This is why I don't like huge disparity in salaries.

7 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I hadn't read that. But would you feel happy earning 60k a week less than Vardy given that Maddison has scored more goals also this season.

This is why I don't like huge disparity in salaries.

Happens at all clubs, especially the higher up the grade you go. 

Vards is at the end of his career - he has earned that salary - madders his at least two more big contracts in his career.  Players understand stuff like that. If madders wants bigger money then he will move on. 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Think it was 4 years with an option of a 5th.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

On 28/05/2022 at 15:11, foxinsocks said:

We should offer him short extension... say 2 years.

Why would he want Peter Andre??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Definitely a sad ending to what has been a beautiful relationship.

I do believe that we’ll miss him more than we realise, however much less than if we sold him 12 months ago as he has been a shell of his former self for majority of the season.

Good luck Youri just hope if he stays in the Prem that KDH and co. press him and rule him out of the game.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Definitely a sad ending to what has been a beautiful relationship.

I do believe that we’ll miss him more than we realise, however much less than if we sold him 12 months ago as he has been a shell of his former self for majority of the season.

Good luck Youri just hope if he stays in the Prem that KDH and co. press him and rule him out of the game.

.....worst case will be him staying on, not signing a contract and we loaning him in the January Window just to save on his wages!!!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mozartfox said:

Why would he want Peter Andre??

he’s never going to get past this, is he?

like you can get a shot of whiskey but if you ask for a ‘ Peter Andre’ you can get half a shot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1