Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

8 minutes ago, Dames said:

I have a horrible feeling we aren't going to be able to shift him and a lot of our business rests on selling him and Soyuncu.

There's very little chance we don't sell him. He's a world class talent that's going cheap af. 

Almost nobody has done any business yet, it's really early doors and there's likely to be quite a few suitors for YT. 

Going to require a bit of patience. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's very little chance we don't sell him. He's a world class talent that's going cheap af. 

Almost nobody has done any business yet, it's really early doors and there's likely to be quite a few suitors for YT. 

I suppose this issue we'll actually have is no matter how much we want to cash in it's ultimately down to Tielemans what happens. He might fancy seeing out his final year and getting a massive signing on fee next summer.

7 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I suppose this issue we'll actually have is no matter how much we want to cash in it's ultimately down to Tielemans what happens. He might fancy seeing out his final year and getting a massive signing on fee next summer.

🤷

Ngl I'll be quite happy if we get him for another season. 

Given we're only likely to get 30ish for him and we'd probably end up reinvesting a fair bit of that in a replacement, I can't see it making or breaking our summer business if he's sold. 

Don't get me wrong, better to get 30 odd than nothing but I don't think it's worth any of us panicking over. 

Like I said, for a start it's ludicrously early. Don't think the window is even officially open yet? 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's also out of form and free next summer which I think will be taken into consideration.

Its just interesting that the rumour mill has gone from a lot of top teams with interest to now just Arsenal and with them not qualifying for the CL are they going to want to spend 30m on someone they can get for free next summer? Especially after they've just tied down Elneny on another contract meaning there's 1 less place in the squad than there was going to be.

I hope i'm wrong but i've got a feeling that if any deal were to be done teams are going to try and short change us at the back end of the summer with Youri trying to push it through. With all credible sources saying we have to sell to spend it has the potential to be quite a bad summer for us. I think the club need to tell Youri that if he wants to go it has to be by the end of June or he's staying and we can risk the free next summer. 

3 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think the thing is if tilemans stays this summer and is back on form next season and helps us get into Europe that’s worth £30 million to us anyway so I don’t think we will be desperate to sell this summer.

Seldom works like that, it was the same argument I was having with Burnley fans last summer on Tarkowski. Players in their final year of their contract seem to do poorly more often than not. It also sets a dangerous precedent for the club, Arsenal fell in to this trap and lost many millions which they've struggled to recover on keeping up with the top 4, Spurs suffered too for a few years by not cashing in and then trying to improve the squad. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think the thing is if tilemans stays this summer and is back on form next season and helps us get into Europe that’s worth £30 million to us anyway so I don’t think we will be desperate to sell this summer.

... the thing is we could achieve the same, with a Tielemans replacement in situ and have £25-30m in the bank!!!

8 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Gonna be one of them deals which drag on all summer ffs. Just hope we don’t miss out on targets cause we’re waiting for him to go.

I think because there's a degree of certainty that he will go, there's likely a base price we could sell him for tomorrow (£25m) and therefore whilst negotiations continue in order for us to get more of that we can plan our targets based on a worst case scenario of £25m for Youri + our budget. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

... and I don't think the window opens until the 10th June.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Although he had 1 year left when he eventually did leave same happend with us with Edouard. Player obviously had designs on moving sooner, we kept him an extra year and he stank the place out that extra year. relative to his typical form anyway.

I don't really have too much anxiety about this with YT.

Genuinely think he's a consummate professional. Have said this a few times this season, I don't doubt his form has declined but I think it's really unfair to suggest that it's because his head's not in the right place or that he's checked out and I don't think it would be if he stays on either. Lets be clear though, he isn't going to stay on. He's gone.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I don't really have too much anxiety about this with YT.

Genuinely think he's a consummate professional. Have said this a few times this season, I don't doubt his form has declined but I think it's really unfair to suggest that it's because his head's not in the right place or that he's checked out and I don't think it would be if he stays on either. Lets be clear though, he isn't going to stay on. He's gone.

It's not just the player, the whole mindset changes with them from the fans to the management. It would get very nasty next season if he's still here and running his contract down whilst playing shit, I don't want to see it, I've too much admiration for him for what he's done here. I'd even take £15m for him, I could get us 3 new players with that.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'll be truly sad for him if he ends up at Arsenal. He's better than them and he should know it.

On his day he is. But his day isn't often enough and so Arsenal is probably about right in terms of level for him. 

If for some reason he doesn't go, I wouldn't be playing him much next season if at all.  He's not the future if he doesn't leave and doesn't sign, so let him spend most of the season on the bench.  If he is here you can guarantee the first thought in his mind every time he takes to the pitch is "don't get injured, don't go in for 50 50s etc".  This season he's been a complete waste of a midfield spot.  If he stays, bench him 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dames said:

I'd put good money on the 'two other clubs' being Newcastle and Villa.

I hope not but your probably right mate, we know he's most likely going to be at arsenal without CL football but not a chance he'd even consider teams like that surely? 

Newcastle can offer silly wages that's it. 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

No offence, but really don't get why loads of people keep saying this. He's still our best number 8, and hasn't been anywhere near as bad this season just gone as a lot of our fans are making out. 

And him not playing would have had Soumare or Hamza fielded most of the latter part of the season.