Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

10 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

I hope not but your probably right mate, we know he's most likely going to be at arsenal without CL football but not a chance he'd even consider teams like that surely? 

Newcastle can offer silly wages that's it. 

I don't think he'd consider Villa but a huge packet from Newcastle and the 'vision' would be enough to tempt most footballers that are at clubs like ours.

• Like 1

I just want him gone now, don't really care where TBH. 

We have to plan for life post-Youri. The sooner we can get on with that with the incoming funds, the better. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I think the thing is if tilemans stays this summer and is back on form next season and helps us get into Europe that’s worth £30 million to us anyway so I don’t think we will be desperate to sell this summer.

This is a "worth one in a bush" argument.

Obviously the calculation changes if he signs an extension, but without it you're pitting a 30 million offer against a heavily caveated 30 million possibility

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Like 1

Surely Newcastle would be a similar move to ours three years ago?

He wants Champions League with Europa League as a minimum. Don't see him moving elsewhere to no European football.

2 hours ago, Dames said:

…Arsenal and with them not qualifying for the CL are they going to want to spend 30m on someone they can get for free next summer?

Arsenal aren’t going to be able to get him for free next summer. Ironically when he’s free, he’ll be out of Arsenals budget.

39 minutes ago, Dames said:

I'd put good money on the 'two other clubs' being Newcastle and Villa.

Not a chance does Tielemans step down to join one of those, any bids from lesser clubs like that should be rejected just for the sheer audacity. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

I hope not but your probably right mate, we know he's most likely going to be at arsenal without CL football but not a chance he'd even consider teams like that surely? 

Newcastle can offer silly wages that's it. 

We've seen with Everton and Villa paying silly money and look where its got them. They've even bought on the back of they're 'prestige' and it's still failed. Can't see any realism in this of our top players going to any of them.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

No offence, but really don't get why loads of people keep saying this. He's still our best number 8, and hasn't been anywhere near as bad this season just gone as a lot of our fans are making out. 

It’s not that he has been so bad. More that he doesn’t want to be here so he won’t be so committed for those fifty fifty’s and personally I would rather plan for the future. Hope he’s gone this summer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Also, doesn’t send a good message to the rest of our players, or the other Premier League clubs, if we sell to Newcastle (makes it look like they’ve automatically leap-frogged us) 

When they have replaced us as the sixth most successful club in England since the Premier League era began we can talk, but until they win some major trophies for the first time in 50 odd years, they need to know their role and shut their mouth. 

1 hour ago, kristianity77 said:

If for some reason he doesn't go, I wouldn't be playing him much next season if at all.  He's not the future if he doesn't leave and doesn't sign, so let him spend most of the season on the bench.  If he is here you can guarantee the first thought in his mind every time he takes to the pitch is "don't get injured, don't go in for 50 50s etc".  This season he's been a complete waste of a midfield spot.  If he stays, bench him 

Spot on and we should let him know that is our intention now so that he gets his agent to get a move on. 

Sign a new contract or leave. If he doesn't doesn't do either this summer then a year with the reserves. Harsh but the club is bigger than anyone 

Edited by desertfox2
Yt
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

If for some reason he doesn't go, I wouldn't be playing him much next season if at all.  He's not the future if he doesn't leave and doesn't sign, so let him spend most of the season on the bench.  If he is here you can guarantee the first thought in his mind every time he takes to the pitch is "don't get injured, don't go in for 50 50s etc".  This season he's been a complete waste of a midfield spot.  If he stays, bench him 

Spot on, we need players playing that want to be at the club, because if he's gash his teammates and us fans will be forever thinking is his heart in it? Probably not

• Like 1

Really surprised Youri has gone down this route. Obviously he’s not happy at the club, but prior to all this coming out in the wash, I always had the impression he loved it in Leicester. We need to cash in soon as possible now, move him on and get the team rebuilt. 

• Like 1

I can’t understand why he is taking this long to get out the door. He’s becoming a bad smell and could be having a detrimental impact on our window. He’s had months of “wanting out”. So why has he and his agent agreed terms with Arsenal and got the offer right. If it’s the fact he thought CL football was coming - sorry Youri, you have to earn that. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I can’t understand why he is taking this long to get out the door. He’s becoming a bad smell and could be having a detrimental impact on our window. He’s had months of “wanting out”. So why has he and his agent agreed terms with Arsenal and got the offer right. If it’s the fact he thought CL football was coming - sorry Youri, you have to earn that. 

The seasons been done only 8 days ago and the window doesn't open for another 2 weeks. What more could he have done to leave? 😂😂

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

He could already have his bags packed and be pretty much out the door but he can't exactly go unless we agree a deal with Arsenal...

Clubs will have waited until they knew where they were finishing. 

They’ll then assess what they want and who they want. 

Most clubs will quote higher value figures now, as let’s be honest, we don’t need to sell. As it gets closer to the end of the window, he’s free to negotiate a bosman in January if we don’t sell. I can see him going late in the window for around the £20m mark. 

Also the possibility that the offer he wants isn’t on the table. We might be offering more money for him to stay. Depends what Youri wants. If he we’re to sign a new deal here, he’d be adored again. 

I don’t see him getting into the midfield at Madrid, Man City, Barca, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern, Dortmund, Leipzig or Atletico. He just isn’t dynamic enough. 

PSG maybe, as it’s a farmers league, then you’re looking at Italy, which I believe suits his game.  After that you’re then looking at the teams in the Prem with weaker midfields, so Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham. Ironically, West Ham would be a option. I see it as a car crash if he goes to Arsenal, I don’t see where he fits. 

He’s a great player but N’Didi has papered over the cracks in his athleticism  at times. They compliment each other so well. As the strengths of one, are the weakness of the other. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sly said:

Also the possibility that the offer he wants isn’t on the table. We might be offering more money for him to stay. Depends what Youri wants. If he we’re to sign a new deal here, he’d be adored again. 

Only if he started putting in some effort.  He appears to have lost motivation. I’d be annoyed if he suddenly found it again after getting a bigger contract.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sly said:

I don’t see him getting into the midfield at Madrid, Man City, Barca, Liverpool, Chelsea, Bayern, Dortmund, Leipzig or Atletico. He just isn’t dynamic enough. 

PSG maybe, as it’s a farmers league, then you’re looking at Italy, which I believe suits his game.  After that you’re then looking at the teams in the Prem with weaker midfields, so Arsenal, Tottenham, West Ham. Ironically, West Ham would be a option. I see it as a car crash if he goes to Arsenal, I don’t see where he fits. 

He’s a great player but N’Didi has papered over the cracks in his athleticism  at times. They compliment each other so well. As the strengths of one, are the weakness of the other. 

This is very true.

• Thanks 1