Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Not all people or players have the same level of motivation !!

I think Youri requires new challenges to to stay motivated and the shine of being at Leicester has lost its lustre. 

Time for a new challenge to get his game back on track. I would prefer he finds that challenge in Europe rather than at Arsenal though.

Being a decent person and working hard for incredible wages should be a part of it plus not letting your fellow team-mates down. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

Youri’s form definitely dipped this season and there are probably various reasons including:

• Frustration the Club failed to reach the Champions League two years running when he was a driving force in how well we performed 

• Frustration with the level of investment in squad (reduced for understandable reasons)/ falling behind Spurs/Arsenal this year

• Fatigue from playing 50 plus club and international games in back to back seasons

• Losing his safety net in Ndidi for much of the season.

Whatever the reason if he won’t extend his deal and show he can get back to previous season levels of form / energy we need to let him go getting the best deal whether that is a swap deal for Saliba or straight cash deal.  We don’t want to play a long game on his future though - make a decision and address the other areas needing attention.

N’didi is key. It’s probably contributed more to our woes this season than we probably understand. Him not being in the side takes away a huge part of our defence and the way we start attacks. 

• Like 3

Guest Mee-9

I’d seriously be putting cash down for Saliba as well as seeing Tielemans go the other way.

One player out who doesn’t want to be here, and another in with less initial financial output. Yeah we’d have to replace Tielemans, but it’d be such a good deal. We’re the sort of club where Saliba would thrive. 

I put youris problem done to the club , those two years we missed champs league I think took a lot out of him , THE club failed to strengthen the squad in the January window two years in a row and that cost us and the players trust in the club , if the club had spent 30-40 million they would have tripled there return with a champs league spot . 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

The January window failure assertions forever come to the fore in posts regarding poor or lack of business. It is a notoriously difficult time to buy and whilst the odd great deals can of course be achieved, the fact remains that you can't buy what somebody won't sell or a player who doesn't want to come, inflated price or not. Neither are we remotely aware of who we as a club tried to acquire or not because that is how, quite rightly, they choose to conduct business. Neither are the club in retrospect likely to release the details of their targets to a bunch of gossipy fans or the media for obvious reasons. Confidence, confidentiality and reputation is paramount in business for short term and future deals.

Transfer business is a 'nice to know' but not a 'need to know' business for fans. There are multiple reasons why certain transfers can't be achieved that we would never be aware of but not targeting or trying to do deals as an assumption is doubtful and a little bit unfair. 

I Really have to question, some of our fan-base,

who wont,cant understand, what circumstantial, Mitigating hard facts, that clubs like Leicester have to go through

to Haul in & Close Deals in any of the transfer windows. they can demand,Shout & scream, it wont change the situation.

.Now These last 2 seasons, Club,Board,owners have said quite loudly the Financial situation has been difficult...

Rodgers is not at the Forefront of those descisions of Budget + finance.

Then suggested,recommended Player candidates ,doesn't mean for a multiple of reasons,

that those players want to even,come,or even when,Agents & Holding

club, demand certain things, we are not willing to enter into...

The other Thing which I find quite hypocritical, our fans demanding that Tielemans,

must bow down, to their thoughts & opinions..

A few years ago he signed a Business contract, he is honouring that contract, there is no Moral or Even Practical reason,

he should be forced into making a descision.

Plus we Dont know, either positive or negative what thoughts/opinions/words have been exchanged

between the 2 sides...

His own  Comments so far have been open & no cloak or dagger stuff....

Though Media & some fans like putting their own twist/context on it..

If he indeed decided to run down his contract, its rightly his obligation...A Contract is a Contract is a contract...!! 

I would never blame the player, any PL Club with all their rescources,must have better negotiaters, if not tough shit..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I put youris problem done to the club , those two years we missed champs league I think took a lot out of him , THE club failed to strengthen the squad in the January window two years in a row and that cost us and the players trust in the club , if the club had spent 30-40 million they would have tripled there return with a champs league spot . 

Or even dropped on a loan in the Jan like Lingaard did for West Ham. 

We wasn't far away either season but needed a little change as the season went on.

The main reason his form dipped was because he wasn't being used well. That's really the crux of it.

Just go back and watch that league cup game against Liverpool where we got Brendan'ed one of the hundred times last season. He was proper amped up and was gutted when we blew it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

The January window failure assertions forever come to the fore in posts regarding poor or lack of business. It is a notoriously difficult time to buy and whilst the odd great deals can of course be achieved, the fact remains that you can't buy what somebody won't sell or a player who doesn't want to come, inflated price or not. Neither are we remotely aware of who we as a club tried to acquire or not because that is how, quite rightly, they choose to conduct business. Neither are the club in retrospect likely to release the details of their targets to a bunch of gossipy fans or the media for obvious reasons. Confidence, confidentiality and reputation is paramount in business for short term and future deals.

Transfer business is a 'nice to know' but not a 'need to know' business for fans. There are multiple reasons why certain transfers can't be achieved that we would never be aware of but not targeting or trying to do deals as an assumption is doubtful and a little bit unfair. 

Rubbish , u would think that missing out the 1st year u would get it right the 2nd time round , u could see if u were looking that the midfield was looking so tired but there was no one to take there place , this is not to say everything u have said wrong but when ur that close and the prize is so rich u don’t sit on ur hands 

16 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Rubbish , u would think that missing out the 1st year u would get it right the 2nd time round , u could see if u were looking that the midfield was looking so tired but there was no one to take there place , this is not to say everything u have said wrong but when ur that close and the prize is so rich u don’t sit on ur hands 

So who & where were These super players,ready available & wanting to come to Leicester because Bptiger demands it...

And who on the Leicester staff were sitting on their hands, in the Beergarden, taking Money on false pretences...

What Bad decision was made due to failing to Pick up Quality players,ready & waiting to Wear the foxes badge..

Easy to Sit around growling,or Scratch trees....:P

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bptiger said:

....the only problem with that is, we didn't have the money to spend!!!

We haven't the luxury of spending in the Summer Window as well as in January.

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

What do you propose? Torturing clubs' decision makers into letting us have their best players?

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

...missing out twice should never have happened, and it wasn't down to fatigue!!!

Missing out the first time was devastating, you don't know if they could pick themselves up for the next season and perform,but they did. To then miss out on the last day again, for me showed a weak mentality. 

It may have been great to freshen up the squad at the time, but we had no money to do so.

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...missing out twice should never have happened, and it wasn't down to fatigue!!!

Missing out the first time was devastating, you don't know if they could pick themselves up for the next season and perform,but they did. To then miss out on the last day again, for me showed a weak mentality. 

It may have been great to freshen up the squad at the time, but we had no money to do so.

U still missing the point , make the top four and u triple ur output , and this crap we can’t make sides sell players look what Liverpool got in the January window , but we just need some fresh legs to give our players a break , I just don’t get all u people who get it . 

5 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

U still missing the point , make the top four and u triple ur output , and this crap we can’t make sides sell players look what Liverpool got in the January window , but we just need some fresh legs to give our players a break , I just don’t get all u people who get it . 

We could have qualified for Champions League, tripled our output. Regardless of that we wouldn’t have a spare £40-50m to drop in January on a Luis Diaz like Liverpool, we aren’t in the same financial stratosphere. Realistically getting top four, we’d maybe have got another year out of Youri, maybe! But he’d still want to move to a team that’s getting regular champions league football. Are we likely to be getting champions league every season? Realistically no! Not even the so called ‘big six’ (take out Liverpool and Man City) can guarantee that in the current format. We are a club that has to box clever, that pushes the ‘big six’ to the edge and disrupts them. I don’t think it is realistic to be challenging top four every season, pushing for European football however is achievable. 

Getting bodies in in January would’ve been great, but there’s no guarantee the same wouldn’t have happened regardless. The mistake we made is the bodies we brought in were just to make up the numbers, and really weren’t even good enough to make the bench. If there’s nobody available to strengthen and make you better in January for what you can afford to spend, then we aren’t in a position to do it unfortunately. Last summer we spent around £55m. Liverpool spent roughly that on one player in the January just gone. Without mega investment or year after year of champions league football, we won’t ever be doing that.

Missing out on top four two years running was tough to take, and it’s frustrating that chance passed us by. There may be an argument to suggest getting it two years in a row would help our cause keeping players and that is a fair comment. In saying that, we won the league and still lost Kante to Chelsea! When Tielemans only signed a four year deal, I felt at the time it was telling, as anyone else we sign in that age bracket is usually on a 5yr contract. We were always going to find ourselves in this position two years in. If he stays or goes, I certainly have no complaints with him at all. He’s been up and down this season gone, but still provided seven goals and four assists (I believe). I genuinely think he’s knackered after the past two years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

...you do understand the clout a club like Liverpool weild in this game!!!

One mention to a prospective players agent, that you wish to take them to Anfield and they are already packing their bags and his agent is going through his repertoire of how to extricate a player in 100 different ways. 

Most clubs are in the same boat as us, except for the big boys and your Villa and Everton's who are throwing money around willy-nilly. No one is encouraged to sell as selling at that time will destabilise their team who are pushing for Europe or pushing for promotion. If they were foolish enough to sell,  they would have to find a replacement and unless that replacement is from their academy, then they are going to have to go into the market to buy  and without the clout of what a Liverpool approach brings, no one is going to be interested. 

I get the point you are trying to make but there are reasons clubs avoid working in that Window, unless you have a Kings Ransom to spend, and the team who you are buying from will be able to acquire three quality players, with the money you are offering. 

5 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I don't think it was due to the lack of staff for 2 years which was the reason for our failure,  more poor tactics, round pegs in square holes, poor substitutions, lack of attacking ambition and general mismanagement.

However, as I said, you or I are completely unaware of whether or not they did try to buy someone and just couldn't get it over the line for a variety of reasons. We certainly didn't need anymore mere squad players on long well paid contracts. January pickings can be limited including inheriting someone else's problems. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

£25 mil. Go screw. 

Obviously it would be nice to get more, but I'm not sure we're going to. He's got a year left so a buying club holds all the cards.

Also I don't think we can just write off the effect of his disasterous form since January or so. Frankly I don't think he deserved his place in the team towards the end.