Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

15 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

Obviously it would be nice to get more, but I'm not sure we're going to. He's got a year left so a buying club holds all the cards.

Also I don't think we can just write off the effect of his disasterous form since January or so. Frankly I don't think he deserved his place in the team towards the end. 

An injury-prone 28-year old Danny Ings went for £30m last summer. A 25-year old Tielemans won’t go for less.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mazarron fox said:

It will be 25m no add ons if we are lucky . We have no leverage .

I think we do have some leverage, not a lot,  but Arsenal need him to take them up another level and any rival bid will up the bid from Arsenal. I think there more likely to be a higher bid coming in for Soyuncu with a number of big clubs showing interest in him, which in itself defuse the need to sell Tilly so early in the transfer market.

49 minutes ago, sdb said:

£25m to a prem rival is woeful business on our part 

We signed for 30m had 3yrs out of him and “potentially” have to sell for 25m that is not woeful business, 5m for 3yrs for 1 of the best midfielders in the Premiership (minus wages obvs) 

He will go for more than 25m thou

• Like 1

If Youri has said arsenal is where he wants to go we are done like dinner.

We need 2 or 3 teams to be in for him if we are to get more than 25

I just want him gone now. He has turned out to be a bit of a dick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sdb said:

£25m to a prem rival is woeful business on our part 

How United have now released Pogbs for the second time on a free after paying £90m is woeful business.

Youri going for a bit less than what we paid isn’t too bad…disappointing perhaps but far from woeful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

£25 mil now or cock all next year, after a year of unknown commitment and arguably declining performances, so….    :dunno:

The thing is if he has a good season he could help us get into Europe and help us earn more than £25 million back I think it’s worth the risk to not push him out if he is not desperate to go. But I’m sure the professionals at the club have had all these sorts of discussions…

• Like 1

They know interest in him has cooled significantly and we are hinging a rebuild on selling some players. We would be lucky to get £25 million. 

He’s worth more don’t get me wrong but a poor season and the potential of a free next summer does very little for his value. We are in an extremely weak position with this. 

Love how so many don’t believe half of the reports on transfers floated by media but believe 100% of the transfer fees floated by the media. 

That said, I’m not sure we’ll get much more than £25m— just because Villa will overpay for players doesn’t mean other clubs will. If we can get Arsenal up to about £30m, I’d imagine everyone will be happy. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

We signed for 30m had 3yrs out of him and “potentially” have to sell for 25m that is not woeful business, 5m for 3yrs for 1 of the best midfielders in the Premiership (minus wages obvs) 

He will go for more than 25m thou

If he'll go for more than £25mill then surely £25mill is woeful business? The fact his contract is running down means he's available but shouldn't see his value half. 

6 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

£25 mil now or cock all next year, after a year of unknown commitment and arguably declining performances, so….    :dunno:

I was one of the biggest 'moaners' when yourie had 2-3 years left on his contract and I let rip at the club for letting it get to this point. You might be right, we might only get £25mil. 

Ultimately, for many reasons, we need to amend how we treat final year 'top' players exits. Personally I'd like the club to set a marker I.e. £30mil and tell youries reps that that's it.

On 31/05/2022 at 21:50, Ric Flair said:

The seasons been done only 8 days ago and the window doesn't open for another 2 weeks. What more could he have done to leave? 😂😂

I know it seems simple. And some times we have this tendency to treat players with a higher level of respect then is warranted. Youri Tielemans has wanted out of this club for over a year. Anyone who pretends otherwise is naive. If he wanted the deal done, he, alongside his agent wouldve got the offer from Arsenal for both his contract, the agents fee and the offer to us in line with all parties requirements in the last few months. This is not an 8 day project that has just come to light. 

I have no doubt Tielemans is very happy with what is on offer from Arsenal to him. This is now the “squeeze Leicester as hard as we can” phase. The agent takes the rest. 

This is simple business and being pissed off at this is not disrespectful to tielemans - it’s stating facts. Tielemans will sign for Arsenal this summer. Leicester will come off the worst of it. If he doesn’t sign, it will down to us happy to keep him here and jeopardising our own projects. Our management of this also deserves criticism but let’s not go into that. Pretending he is either going to sign a further deal or has this sense of loyalty to us etc. Is again naive. He is ambitious and we do not meet that ambition. Good luck to him but from a loyalty perspective, you can criticise. 

As I’ve said previously, this will drag on all summer I’d imagine, unless we get a £40m bid. 

It isn’t just Tielemans we need to sort either.

We've got Soyuncu, Perez, Evans, Bertrand, Vardy, Choudhury, Schmeichel, Mendy and Amartey to sort. 

You’d expect more of those to go this season. 

• Haha 1