Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

That's marginally short of £30mill. So if true, just about where we want to be really.

Tell 'em it's a deal with a loan of Saliba with an option to write off the Tielemans fee if made permanent.

Easy this transfer lark!

*Also, second tweet "Youri has not yet made an official offer for Tielemans".... You're doing it wrong Youri!

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sly said:

As I’ve said previously, this will drag on all summer I’d imagine, unless we get a £40m bid. 

It isn’t just Tielemans we need to sort either.

We've got Soyuncu, Perez, Evans, Bertrand, Vardy, Choudhury, Schmeichel, Mendy and Amartey to sort. 

You’d expect more of those to go this season. 

Evans and Vardy won't be leaving!!....

and you missed out Vestergaard 😂

8 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I know it seems simple. And some times we have this tendency to treat players with a higher level of respect then is warranted. Youri Tielemans has wanted out of this club for over a year. Anyone who pretends otherwise is naive. If he wanted the deal done, he, alongside his agent wouldve got the offer from Arsenal for both his contract, the agents fee and the offer to us in line with all parties requirements in the last few months. This is not an 8 day project that has just come to light. 

I have no doubt Tielemans is very happy with what is on offer from Arsenal to him. This is now the “squeeze Leicester as hard as we can” phase. The agent takes the rest. 

This is simple business and being pissed off at this is not disrespectful to tielemans - it’s stating facts. Tielemans will sign for Arsenal this summer. Leicester will come off the worst of it. If he doesn’t sign, it will down to us happy to keep him here and jeopardising our own projects. Our management of this also deserves criticism but let’s not go into that. Pretending he is either going to sign a further deal or has this sense of loyalty to us etc. Is again naive. He is ambitious and we do not meet that ambition. Good luck to him but from a loyalty perspective, you can criticise. 

Our management never said he was going to sign or not sign.

They can't come out and say that he's refused a contract and is wanting to leave the club.

All I heard was he had a contract offer and has not turned it down.......keeping his options open it seems just in case.

He has frustrated me her at times, knowing that there's considerable talent there, be great if he does decide to sign a new deal, be a bummer if he leaves for just £25M and does well at his new club. Still players come and go, we move on. 

11 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Take away what we think he is worth then no it is not woeful, it would have cost us a purchase price of 5m for 3yrs usage.

With regards contract running down of cause it makes a difference to his final selling price, we can say he’s a 80m player all we want but the reality is in 6mths time he can sign a pre-contract agreement and leave for nothing, woeful business is allowing that to happen.

That’s not to say we have our pants taken down, It’s reports of Arsenal saying 25m I think we do value slightly higher but not in the 50m mark but closer to 30-35m and if we are lucky and 2 or 3 clubs want him we will get that and maybe a little more.

But if 25m is all we get then with relation to straight business he cost us a 5m purchase price and won us the FA cup 

As I’ve said in on many previous occasions, having several clubs interested won’t really help the price go higher (it should enable us to put a floor on it though). YT will have a destination that he wants to go to - the club have no power other than to refuse to sell and have an half arsed player for another twelve months who will leave for nothing next June. That’s not really any power is it! 
if those rumours of £30m are close to the mark we will bite their hands off. The possible issue there is have we got a few million more than arsenal want to pay and if so, does that come off youri’s total deal there ?  That could delay things as his people will want to get that money back from somewhere. 

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

As I’ve said in on many previous occasions, having several clubs interested won’t really help the price go higher (it should enable us to put a floor on it though). YT will have a destination that he wants to go to - the club have no power other than to refuse to sell and have an half arsed player for another twelve months who will leave for nothing next June. That’s not really any power is it! 
if those rumours of £30m are close to the mark we will bite their hands off. The possible issue there is have we got a few million more than arsenal want to pay and if so, does that come off youri’s total deal there ?  That could delay things as his people will want to get that money back from somewhere. 

Not sure where your going with relation to my post back about the claim of woeful business?

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

That’s not to say we have our pants taken down, It’s reports of Arsenal saying 25m I think we do value slightly higher but not in the 50m mark but closer to 30-35m and if we are lucky and 2 or 3 clubs want him we will get that and maybe a little more.

....we, (the club) are not in control of this!!!

Irrespective of the number of suitors, if he chose Arsenal and their bid is £10m below other bids, we will have to take the lower bid. We cannot sit back and attempt to force the deal upwards.  We have no room to do so and much needed money goes out the door, and he ends up at Arsenal, for free.

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Was against your reference that if a few clubs are interested we could go higher than 30/35m …..

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Irrespective of the number of suitors, if he chose Arsenal and their bid is £10m below other bids, we will have to take the lower bid. We cannot sit back and attempt to force the deal upwards.  We have no room to do so and much needed money goes out the door, and he ends up at Arsenal, for free.

Well yes but that is only if he has his heart set on a particular club, if he wants CL over anything and say Spurs offer more than the subjected 25m from Arsenal then we get more. 
Im just saying there are better odds in a bidding war if the player isn’t set on 1 club 🤷‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I just don’t understand how some people don’t get this.  We are in a weak bargaining position.  We can call the players’ bluff by saying that this is the floor and below this we will just allow him to see his contract out, whilst attempting to get top 4 and then perhaps he might consider staying with a nice lump of cash as a s/o fee.  but that would be poor business by us.

of course if there are several clubs interested then it’s feasible that one may decide to go all out to get him by offering him a larger package than all the others and us a larger fee. BUT that would be so lazy of any buyer who simply needs to negotiate directly with his agent and then offer us a pound more than anyone else has.  And it’s not an auction because no club will make a bid unless they have agreement with  the player. 

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

Well yes but that is only if he has his heart set on a particular club, if he wants CL over anything and say Spurs offer more than the subjected 25m from Arsenal then we get more. 
Im just saying there are better odds in a bidding war if the player isn’t set on 1 club 🤷‍♂️ 

You are totally right - but that’s why agents do all the negotiations away from the selling club with the buying club.  The old ‘personal terms’. 
how often do you see ‘bidding wars’ nowadays ??  The agents make sure that any additional sums go the players.  

If spurs are interested then they will approach youri’s agent. if youri is happy to go to either spurs or arsenal then the agent will drive the best deal for his client and then inform whichever club is successful.   Then that club will open negs with us re the price.  only that club.  By the time we are involved, the player has decided where he is going. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Why are they offering in Euros and why hasn’t Tielemans made an offer yet for Youri? 

Christ these accounts are just awful 😆 

Those accounts are awful, yes, no doubt about that. But I’m sure €35m is just the equivalent of what’s being offered in £ (if one chooses to believe him). 😂

10 minutes ago, The_77 said:

Those accounts are awful, yes, no doubt about that. But I’m sure €35m is just the equivalent of what’s being offered in £ (if one chooses to believe him). 😂

Yeah it was the second part of the post which caused me the most concern in relation to the account being awful… re-read it, it says ‘Tielemans hasn’t made an offer for Youri yet!’

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Yeah it was the second part of the post which caused me the most concern in relation to the account being awful… re-read it, it says ‘Tielemans hasn’t made an offer for Youri yet!’

...it actually said;

However, Youri has not yet made an official offers for Tielemans. 
#AFC #Gooners #THFC #COYS

If you substitute "Youri" for "both" then it will make sense!!!

7 hours ago, weller54 said:

Evans and Vardy won't be leaving!!....

and you missed out Vestergaard 😂

I was on about Contracts expiring in summer 23. 

• Like 1

You’d think a club will come in for him by the end of the window rather than risk him going elsewhere on a free next season.

His form isn’t great but that’s swept through the first team this season and his disagreements with Rodgers is no secret.

As long as he doesn’t go to f’ing Chelsea I don’t care.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

I’ll be very surprised if Newcastle don’t chuck a bid in for him.

They have Bruno in that role and he’s better. Ihear that they’re also going after Paqueta to form an all Brazilian midfield.