Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

19 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Is arsenal taking their sweet time over tiellemans due to no one else coming in for him? 

We're still relying on "sources" to indicate they're even in on him.  But assuming they are, they hold all the cards - why would they do us any favors by expediting the process?

Things can change very quickly and the club seem to be able to get reasonable paybacks for players - even Musa and Slimani. 

I also disagree that we have no power. They key to getting a great deal after leaving on a free is being able to prove your value. That requires having played the games and put in good performances.

If Youri leaves us for nothing, we'll be able to dictate what games he plays and I'd hope Brendan has the gall to just not play him, if need be. Want to leave us for nothing? Ok, help us get top 6. 

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Things can change very quickly and the club seem to be able to get reasonable paybacks for players - even Musa and Slimani. 

I also disagree that we have no power. They key to getting a great deal after leaving on a free is being able to prove your value. That requires having played the games and put in good performances.

If Youri leaves us for nothing, we'll be able to dictate what games he plays and I'd hope Brendan has the gall to just not play him, if need be. Want to leave us for nothing? Ok, help us get top 6. 

I think we got our money back for Musa, but Slimani went to Lyon for free.

His head wasn’t in the game this season in my opinion. He’d moved on mentally and it showed. He still had moments, but often he was a passenger. We are better off cashing in for something and bringing in someone who wants to play. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah exactly, what you actually see - not convincing yourself he’s been worse than he has and that we won’t miss him, just because you know that he’s leaving. 

Out of form at times yeah, but ‘dreadful’ is massively over the top. 

All opinion, no worries. Even if he was staying he deserved to sit on the bench for me because I didn't think his form was up to it. As for players leaving, from say Heskey to Maguire or even Kante, it never gets my goat because it's a job and if I could better myself financially or to perhaps achieve greater things I would too! I usually wish them the very best if they've previously given their best for us. I always like to see Kante. 

Never get people saying ‘the club should never let a player get down to the last year of their contract’ like it’s in the clubs capacity to control it entirely. The way football contracts are being utilised now is pretty horrific for clubs, all the power will sits with the player, and they will just run their contract down, contracts will become shorter, players and agents richer until a critical mass is reached.

Although even then, I fail to see what clubs can do about the situation without overarching legislation supporting them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Never get people saying ‘the club should never let a player get down to the last year of their contract’ like it’s in the clubs capacity to control it entirely. The way football contracts are being utilised now is pretty horrific for clubs, all the power will sits with the player, and they will just run their contract down, contracts will become shorter, players and agents richer until a critical mass is reached.

Although even then, I fail to see what clubs can do about the situation without overarching legislation supporting them.

Didn’t Wenger call this out as a problem for clubs all those years ago?

It’s not as simple as making a player sign this contract or selling to a club at X price that both clubs are happy with.

Youri was clearly not his class self but it has to be said that -

1) He missed N’Didi and his athleticism.

2) Clubs realised if they press Youri they either take him out of the game or it dries up a high % of our supply line.

3) Rodgers did him no favors by not taking him out of the firing line.

All that said, his lapses as someone posted above were amateurish at best.

His awful back pass against PSV still rattles me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Yeah exactly, what you actually see - not convincing yourself he’s been worse than he has and that we won’t miss him, just because you know that he’s leaving. 

Out of form at times yeah, but ‘dreadful’ is massively over the top. 

Agree to disagree then, happy never to see him in a City

shirt again.

7 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Realistically, the club (and maybe even others) need to move to a sell/ sign at 2 years model. If your player has 2 years left and isn't signing on for at least another year, then you need to be actively looking for a move. 

...pretty ruthless way of going about doing business,  but we have to take a progressive stance in order to compete in the market!!!

Perhaps we may actually sell players at the peak of their price transfer fee and generate money that way.

It may have the drawback of players and their agents not having too many options, as they know after their first season, decisions need to be made.

5 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

The era of the free transfer is here sadly. Some quite significant names running their contracts down.

For me, lots and lots of clubs are going to say ‘no we are not paying that’ but as PSG proved with Mbappe, there’s always a club who are going to pay obscene wages. Hence the cycle continues as you say until a critical mass is hit

• Like 1

Stop being a tart Youri

“I have the feeling that people think that after this season I will be out of contract when I still have one year left. I feel good here, I like living here, my children go to school here. I’m happy both outside and inside football. And Leicester have ambition."

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Stop being a tart Youri

“I have the feeling that people think that after this season I will be out of contract when I still have one year left. I feel good here, I like living here, my children go to school here. I’m happy both outside and inside football. And Leicester have ambition."

When was this?

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yesterday in some London rag

https://www.football365.com/news/tielemans-speaks-out-amid-man-utd-links-leicester-city

He also says

“I will study my options in the summer and make a decision. My family is the most important to me. I’m not going somewhere where I know my family isn’t happy. As a father of two children, you have to think about that too.”

Which is all very well and good, but we're chucking 30 odd million down the drain if he decides to run out his contract, or basically paying 30 million for one years service, which we could probably get ronaldo for.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1