Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

the one thing for sure is that if the club he wants isn’t at the table now , then he will need to have a blinding season to get the deal he hopes for. 

We would be a much stronger team with a fully motivated youri. if he stayed and we sneaked top 4 he might not even leave 🤷‍♂️

I like Youri and that FA goal makes him a legend, but I hope the club play hard with him. Either sign an extension or its benchtime until he is sold. We need to put pressure on him and his agent.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Jonezy said:

I like Youri and that FA goal makes him a legend, but I hope the club play hard with him. Either sign an extension or its benchtime until he is sold. We need to put pressure on him and his agent.

I get the reasoning, but what would hard ball actually look like? We cannot threaten him with selling him to somewhere he does not wish to go, reducing his playing time perhaps, but this is only cutting our noses off to spite our face, knacker his international chances and sends a terrible message. This is just an unfortunate example of player power trumping clubs interests, but as we signed the contract, we are on the hook to pay him. I just hope it will not end acromoniously, as that would be crap way to end our association with the guy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I get the reasoning, but what would hard ball actually look like? We cannot threaten him with selling him to somewhere he does not wish to go, reducing his playing time perhaps, but this is only cutting our noses off to spite our face, knacker his international chances and sends a terrible message. This is just an unfortunate example of player power trumping clubs interests, but as we signed the contract, we are on the hook to pay him. I just hope it will not end acromoniously, as that would be crap way to end our association with the guy.

If he isn't sold this summer and decides to run his contract down, he will continue to be a regular starter next season. There is no way we have the squad depth to leave out a player of his quality. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If he isn't sold this summer and decides to run his contract down, he will continue to be a regular starter next season. There is no way we have the squad depth to leave out a player of his quality. 

Really, based on the form he showed last season the bench is exactly where he should be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wouldn't we be better to get him to sign an extension with a brucey bonus if he doesn't have a club coming in for him that he wants

4 hours ago, Jonezy said:

100% If he don't want to sign a new deal now then he ain't going to want one next season so put him in the reserves.. as he won't be bothered where we finish next season so pointless playing him.

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

Wouldn't we be better to get him to sign an extension with a brucey bonus if he doesn't have a club coming in for him that he wants

Of course, who wouldn’t want to secure a valuable asset from a purely financial standpoint, that and he wasn’t as bad as some make,out, he was just below his standards he had maintained for quite some time.

Alas, this type of behaviour will become more common, the further transference of the power from the clubs to the players (agents). I am certain he holds us in the highest regard as a club, but this is the direction of travel. :angry:

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

100% If he don't want to sign a new deal now then he ain't going to want one next season so put him in the reserves.. as he won't be bothered where we finish next season so pointless playing him.

This is my stance. If he Fannie’s around in the summer not making a decision I’d **** him off all together, if we’re not going to make any money on him then we may as well just try and loan him out and take him off the books or lob him in the reserves. But that won’t happen, Brendan will welcome the decision with a reach around and a cake party. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Disagree if he's not gonna sign a new deal might as well use him for a year. We are probably paying him 80k a week might as well get some use out of it.

He always strikes me a decent sort so his attitude probably won't cause friction in the squad. Also even when he's not at his best hes still one of the best midfielders in the squad so we have more chance of success with him about. would be mental to let him rot in the reserves. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Disagree if he's not gonna sign a new deal might as well use him for a year. We are probably paying him 80k a week might as well get some use out of it.

He always strikes me a decent sort so his attitude probably won't cause friction in the squad. Also even when he's not at his best hes still one of the best midfielders in the squad so we have more chance of success with him about. would be mental to let him rot in the reserves. 

what's the point he won't be bothered if we finish 18th, he definitely wouldn't want to win the league as that would mean he would have to sign a new contract.

May as well play with 10 men.

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

what's the point he won't be bothered if we finish 18th, he definitely wouldn't want to win the league as that would mean he would have to sign a new contract.

May as well play with 10 men.

Hardly. If he does plan to run down his contract, he must play well to ensure he gets a wide choice of clubs looking to sign him with big wages and signing on fees.

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Hardly. If he does plan to run down his contract, he must play well to ensure he gets a wide choice of clubs looking to sign him with big wages and signing on fees.

Not really, we all know what he is capable of. 

We run the risk, a harsh risk with Tielemans. 

If we let him waltz into the final year of his contract in order (partly) to get a reduced transfer fee, then others will do to us exactly as he will be. 

I have berated the club for getting us into this position when we could've got a substantial fee after the fa cup season and putting a marker down for him to either re sign or to then take the opportunity to maneuver him out of the squad.

If only I were a fly buzzing around rudders luxurious office.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Not really, we all know what he is capable of. 

He can hardly tell suitors to look at his back catalogue, if he stays, he has to perform. They won’t give a toss about a wonder goal in the FA Cup final.

Just now, UHDrive said:

We run the risk, a harsh risk with Tielemans. 

If we let him waltz into the final year of his contract in order (partly) to get a reduced transfer fee, then others will do to us exactly as he will be. 

I have berated the club for getting us into this position when we could've got a substantial fee after the fa cup season and putting a marker down for him to either re sign or to then take the opportunity to maneuver him out of the squad.

If only I were a fly buzzing around rudders luxurious office.

Would agree that that was the time to cash in, but hey ho.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

He can hardly tell suitors to look at his back catalogue, if he stays, he has to perform. They won’t give a toss about a wonder goal in the FA Cup final.

I'm not saying he would check out, but he'd still have no end of clubs lining up to take him on a free. Regardless of a decent signing on fee, they'll probably make money on him.

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Mate any scout would know what he is capable of. no ones going to be looking at the FA Cup goal as a barometer 

Edited by whoareyaaa

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Mate any scout would know what he is capable of. no ones going to be looking at the FA Cup goal.

Think we just have a different opinion on this, in my mind, he would have to put on a show next season should he remain.  :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I'm not saying he would check out, but he'd still have no end of clubs lining up to take him on a free. Regardless of a decent signing on fee, they'll probably make money on him.

Just as I am sure we did, even at the price we paid there was that hope, but with how contracts are being seen out recently, I am not sure anyone will be sure of a profit these days.

1 minute ago, desertfox2 said:

Hindsight is always 20/20. If Tielemans had been sold for anything other than a record fee after the goal he scored in the cup final and the season he had then Rudders could have been blamed for inciting a riot. We were in the Europa and hoping to have a great season in the league and cups of which he was an integral part of the plan and may have been persuaded to stay, if we had the season we hoped we would. Unless I've missed anything there were no huge offers for Tielemans last summer so it's not like we were knocking back 75m+ offers or anything, they weren't there. 

I can see where you're coming from. Lcfc have been pretty good at moving players on, but It appears that there was no strategy in place and we were caught far too off guard when yourys 2 years mark came up.