Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

No chance he should be anywhere near our starting 11 next season. Priority should be to get him off the books this summer with an appropriate replacement. Thanks for the memories but you can't hold the club hostage and coast through over half a season with the performances he's churned (churned makes it sounds like out he's tried, which to an extent is generous) out, not get the offer he wanted elsewhere and then come back in. I appreciate on his day he's a very good player and he's gave us some big moments but it's time to close the book on him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

I can see where you're coming from. Lcfc have been pretty good at moving players on, but It appears that there was no strategy in place and we were caught far too off guard when yourys 2 years mark came up.

Yeah nobody planned for the season we just had, it was a disaster. We spent enough money last summer to expect to do a lot better, especially considering the season we had prior and probably thought he would stay if we got back into Europe. It backfired massively as has signing average players on wages that make them really hard to move on. Verstergaard, Soumare, Praet, Perez, Bertrand are all going to be hard to shift other than loans that we end up picking up a chunk of the tab on and their contracts run down further so a transfer fee becomes less likely. We can't move on the players we want gone and the one we want to stay Tielemans feels he has outgrown us. 

2 hours ago, UHDrive said:

We run the risk, a harsh risk with Tielemans. 

If we let him waltz into the final year of his contract in order (partly) to get a reduced transfer fee, then others will do to us exactly as he will be. 

I have berated the club for getting us into this position when we could've got a substantial fee after the fa cup season and putting a marker down for him to either re sign or to then take the opportunity to maneuver him out of the squad.

If only I were a fly buzzing around rudders luxurious office.

Imagine being Liverpool with both Mane and Salah being in the same position.

Not always as easy as you make out.

• Like 3

With Mane wanting out, and Salah still not signing a new contract yet, am not ruling out Liverpool possibly bidding for him (despite him being a different player position-wise).

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

he won't be bothered where we finish basically.

It would have a direct link to his future destination, so of course he’d be bothered. A relegation on his CV is hardly to attract Champions League playing clubs is it?

11 minutes ago, Simon alex said:

Just let Tielmans go  for 25milion  and everybody will be happy 

We sure as shit won't. 

In a world in which Tottenham are asking 30m for Bergwijn and 20m for Winks, the least we should get for Youri are 30m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

We sure as shit won't. 

In a world in which Tottenham are asking 30m for Bergwijn and 20m for Winks, the least we should get for Youri are 30m

You get the price you get and many factors dictate that. We got £80 million for Maguire but that doesn't mean we'll get that for Soyuncu or Fofana. If we're in a situation where Little Wes is down to the last year of his deal and shows no sign of extending, then PSG offer £10 million in the January window, rather than signing a pre-contract, we take it. 

We live in a world where Pogba cost £90 million and de Bruyne cost £68 million. 

Bottom line - we get to August and Arsenal low ball at £15 million, we accept. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Wymsey said:

With Mane wanting out, and Salah still not signing a new contract yet, am not ruling out Liverpool possibly bidding for him (despite him being a different player position-wise).

He's not good enough. Can't see him running around like Klopp would need him to. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Imagine being Liverpool with both Mane and Salah being in the same position.

Not always as easy as you make out.

Salah in particular has made Liverpool look like amateurs in this regard. If its to be believed I.e his refusal over his scan on international duty then that's pretty shocking.

Given there's seemingly nobody particularly interested in him at the moment would it suit both him and us to get him signed up to a deal with a release clause of say £30m?

There's plenty of ageing midfields in Europe right now at the top level. In a year or two I can see them calling.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Given there's seemingly nobody particularly interested in him at the moment would it suit both him and us to get him signed up to a deal with a release clause of say £30m?

There's plenty of ageing midfields in Europe right now at the top level. In a year or two I can see them calling.

But then he misses his big pay day when he is out of contract. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...payday from whom!!!

The club I would not envisage to be paying him a loyalty bonus and he will still get the signing on fee from the new club as well as a bigger salary. 

Youri and his agent can get bigger signing on fees for themselves when the club he is joining don’t have to pay a fee to us

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...payday from whom!!!

The club I would not envisage to be paying him a loyalty bonus and he will still get the signing on fee from the new club as well as a bigger salary. 

That is what I meant. His new club when he is out of contract. He stands to make a lot more money in this manner than any other at this stage.

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Youri and his agent can get bigger signing on fees for themselves when the club he is joining don’t have to pay a fee to us

...I  thought that was what I  said!!!

Anyway your spot on, there is no change if his contract is extended and ran down further down the line, it changes nothing.

I still believe he will be here next season, no one will guarantee him game time. Just praying Arsenal are desperate enough to do so.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

The good news is, Tielemans agent is a bit of a non entity of an agent in a field of ruthless agents and agencies whom pull the strings. Tielemans is by far his biggest client and his agent made a bad job of securing him that move to Man Utd or Spurs over us that was supposedly going to happen 3 years ago. Therefore we hopefully can retain a degree of authority in getting him gone for a decent fee this summer.

The bad news is, as Tielemans is his agents only proper meal ticket that the cut he will get if he moved on a free transfer next summer will blow any other financial incoming to him out the water and that benefits the agent more than one that's got a plethora of top players.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

seems a fair argument to me. He could get a big injury in April next year and his career could go kaput.

16 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

He can hardly tell suitors to look at his back catalogue, if he stays, he has to perform. They won’t give a toss about a wonder goal in the FA Cup final.

I'm pretty sure people would sign him based on his obvious talent regardless of how he plays next season (in this mad hypothetical world where he runs down his contract and we don't sell him).

19 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

seems a fair argument to me. He could get a big injury in April next year and his career could go kaput.

...as previously stated, this clubs leaves nobody behind!!!

They look after players here, new contracts to players out injured, Simpson training a recouping after contract ended, it is like a family.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Would it suit us to offer him a new contract with a poor release clause and probably a pay raise? I don’t think it would, I’m also not sure what he did last season to warrant this hence the reason he probably isn’t getting the interest from the teams he thinks should be in for him.

one thing a lot of you aren’t considering is that this is a world cup year. If youri refuses to leave for his pay day, he might also be kissing goodbye to any chance of starting for belgium. There’s no guarantee we will play him if he plays us this way. 

• Like 2