Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Getting sick and tired reading reports that he's "in no hurry and relaxed" towards sorting his future out. Much as many of us really rate the fella it's time to Shape Up or Ship Out. Seems he is bordering on holding the club to ransom. 

3 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Getting sick and tired reading reports that he's "in no hurry and relaxed" towards sorting his future out. Much as many of us really rate the fella it's time to Shape Up or Ship Out. Seems he is bordering on holding the club to ransom. 

Those reports appear to be rehashed interviews from earlier in the season.

I get it, we all want to sign some players but the season didn’t even finish a month ago.

We have to ship out before we make considerable signings/changes to our squad - think it’s going to be a waiting game mate.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, l444ry said:

This relocation of power to players over clubs was inevitable unfortunately and he is doing nothing beyond this new normal, I mean just look at Pogba  :( 

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

This relocation of power to players over clubs was inevitable unfortunately and he is doing nothing beyond this new normal, I mean just look at Pogba  :( 

Mbappe’s sadly an even better example.

Pretty sure his new contract means he will own all of Paris at some stage 😜

1 minute ago, SafewayFox said:

Mbappe’s sadly an even better example.

Pretty sure his new contract means he will own all of Paris at some stage 😜

Le maire buteur de Paris

(Google translate is accountable for the validity of that translation... :D )

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, FoxyPalace.com said:

This has been going on for long enough. Let him move on, extract as much money as possible to rebuild the team. He’s a good player on his day but no world beater that’s for sure. 

The more prospective buyers who read the comments in this forum, and they will, the less likely they are to come in for him . Unless he is dirt cheap of course. The comments firstly by the Monaco fans and now by Foxestalk will not go unnoticed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, l444ry said:

How exactly is he holding the club to ransom .His contract ends next year, the transfer window is yet to open and these sort of statements have to be carefully worded so that he will be paid any loyalty bonus when he leaves.

If anyone isn’t clear that he wants out at this point, regardless of any soundbite given on either side in these situations, then they are naive.

Edited by Costock_Fox

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

How exactly is he holding the club the random? His contract ends next year, the transfer window is yet to open and these sort of statements have to be carefully worded so that he will be paid any loyalty bonus when he leaves.

If anyone isn’t clear that he wants out at this point, regardless of any soundbite given on either side in these situations, then they are naive.

Not exactly what was said but how can the Club target positions and readjust budgets until he leaves (or not, as the case may be)?  The sooner he makes his mind up, the better.      

3 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Not exactly what was said but how can the Club target positions and readjust budgets until he leaves (or not, as the case may be)?  The sooner he makes his mind up, the better.      

Bloody auto correct.

If the club aren’t creating budgets based on what they suspect they will get for him I’ll be very worried. How much variation do you think is likely on his fee? Realistically we aren’t getting much north of £30m for him, equally I can’t see us selling for less than £25m.

• Like 1

First Monaco now here the same pattern seems to be forming. He always seemed to be Mr Leicester City he’s clearly great at hiding his true motives, he’s clever with his wording that’s obvious. Wish him the best now let’s rebuild the team, that excites me far more.

40 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

How many clubs are there that:

A) he’d want to move to

B) actually want to buy him

C) will drop £25m+ on him this summer when his contract ends next year 

Point C is pretty much irrelevant because signing players of his ilk on a free is not a free at all. There will be so many agent games when dealing with them in an increased pool of interested clubs and it would end up costing a similar amount in signing on fee, agent fee and increased wages.

Plus, clubs that Tielemans wants have very little problem spending £25m, if they view him as easier to get this season and consider he's a £40-50m player available for half that and can be a very good squad player then there will be takers.

Tielemans will thrive in a team that can protect him and give him time and space to pass. He'd be absolutely devastating for Man City, but would probably only play one in three games with Pep's rotation. His weakness is physical - he's not quick and he's clumsy with tackling. Take away the need to do so much tracking back and defensive work so he can concentrate on providing incisive passing and he'd pull teams apart. He'd probably do well in Spain or Italy to be honest.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Point C is pretty much irrelevant because signing players of his ilk on a free is not a free at all. There will be so many agent games when dealing with them in an increased pool of interested clubs and it would end up costing a similar amount in signing on fee, agent fee and increased wages.

Plus, clubs that Tielemans wants have very little problem spending £25m, if they view him as easier to get this season and consider he's a £40-50m player available for half that and can be a very good squad player then there will be takers.

...I can't see Youri going anywhere to be a squad rotation..!!!

If the scouts have done their work properly they would have noted his lack of mobility on the park. He would have to be in a team with the ball and getting constant protection from opposition midfielders being allowed to press him. So long as he can have the space to dictate, he is worth having in the team. Having a pairing such as Soucek and Rice, who would do his running,  would be ideal, but who will want to accept changing their team to accommodate him.

The window hasn’t opened yet and he’s been with the Belgian team. 

Whether or not Youri wants move on doesn’t matter until we actually receive a bid before he can leave on a free. 

We can’t force clubs to bid for him and nothing was ever going to happen this soon after the season ended. 

Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans has admitted that he could be on the move this summer and may have hinted that his destination could be Old Trafford.

Manchester United have long been admirers of the talented Belgian and are looking for reinforcements in the midfield area, having lost Paul Pogba and Nemanja Matic, whose contracts are about to expire.

Back in 2013 when still at Anderlecht, Tielemans revealed that United is his “dream club”.

And there have been persistent reports linking him with a move to Old Trafford since 2019, when he was reported to be lined up as a replacement for the outgoing Ander Herrera.

Arsenal think they will sign Youri Tielemans from Leicester this summer, and want it done by the end of the month.

90Min report that the only remaining issue is the size of the transfer fee that the Gunners pay for a player who is going into the final 12 months of his contract.

They say that Arsenal are now the favourites for the ‘outstanding‘ Belgium international, and that the player himself wants to make the move.

And with transfer rumours hanging in the air, the Belgian has made it clear no decision has been made just yet.

“That [a move] is not out of the question. But I can also stay,” he said during international duty, via the Express.

“I feel very good at Leicester, I was welcomed with open arms from day one. I give everything for the club until the last day.

“But of course you have to listen to other opportunities, you have to look at your career, and sometimes you have to make choices. Maybe one will come my way.”

Tielemans has been with Leicester since 2019, initially spending time with the club on loan, ahead of joining permanently.

Since then, he has racked up 120 Premier League appearances in all, playing a key role in the club’s FA Cup-winning campaign last year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KFS said:

This is getting ****ing boring now 

It is really isn't it. Essentially his comments mean that he'll just see what's on offer and if he doesn't fancy it he'll merely hang round like a bad smell for another season. It doesn't of course mean that all players in a similar position merely down tools or fail to produce the goods, however, if his performances last season are anything to go by I think a few games on the bench would be in order to try and get him to at least fight for a decent next club. It's a difficult one because I can fully understand any player wanting to try and better themselves in terms of trophy opportunities and wages. I just think that in the meantime, fight and effort should be a given to the people paying the wages in a contract a player was once very happy to sign.

• Like 1

He wanted yanited last time and waited as long as he could before signing for us

Could be the same now but he will either use arsenal as his fall back or, if they won’t pay what he wants, he will see out his contract here (or sign a creative extension which protects our £25m). 

19 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It is really isn't it. Essentially his comments mean that he'll just see what's on offer and if he doesn't fancy it he'll merely hang round like a bad smell for another season. It doesn't of course mean that all players in a similar position merely down tools or fail to produce the goods, however, if his performances last season are anything to go by I think a few games on the bench would be in order to try and get him to at least fight for a decent next club. It's a difficult one because I can fully understand any player wanting to try and better themselves in terms of trophy opportunities and wages. I just think that in the meantime, fight and effort should be a given to the people paying the wages in a contract a player was once very happy to sign.

FFS

The guy is a legend, he's not had a great season, doesn't mean that will continue.

• Like 4