Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I quite liked the idea of Joao Pahlinha here, but obviously we had no chance since Wolverhampton became an oversea territory of Portugal

It’s amazing how we landed Ricky! Otherwise I’m sure wolves would have been all over him too pre-injury.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

It’s amazing how we landed Ricky! Otherwise I’m sure wolves would have been all over him too pre-injury.

I did read comments from wolves fans online pre Ricky injury moaning how come they didn't sign him.....they were puzzled on how they missed up on him 😏

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

If he signs for Arsenal he will never play Champions League football in his best years. He will sign a, what, 5 year contract? Arsenal aren't finishing above 4 of Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, Tottenham, Newcastle and us in the next 5 years. They might finish above 2 or 3 but not 4.

He could have easily signed an extension last year with a release clause in it and looked after himself while helping the club. 

Never anywhere close to legend status for me !!

His FA Cup goal was legend for sure but not the man. I just want him gone ASAP so we can re-invest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Nobody is disputing how good the goal was & its importance is obvious but he has turned into the girlfriend who tells she wants to start seeing other people.

Every day brings another story about wether he may stay or go. For me I'm bored with the soap opera & want him gone.

It's not really a soap opera though is it (other than in the minds of Foxestalk members), we've heard nothing really

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

It's not really a soap opera though is it (other than in the minds of Foxestalk members), we've heard nothing really

The soap opera is the constant articles in the media as well as the interviews where YT reiterates that he hasn't made a decision yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

I want Youri to stay, have the season of his life get us into Europe and leave on a free with our eternal thanks

Love the bloke

Tell you what I'd like Youri to have the season of his life whilst on a long term Contract earning my ( our) club 100 million pounds in the process .

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

The soap opera is the constant articles in the media as well as the interviews where YT reiterates that he hasn't made a decision yet.

What constant articles and interviews? or is it the same interview being rehashed

Think of it this way, if Leicester never won the Prem, Youri would be a legend for scoring in the FA cup and winning it due to that goal. Leicester beats the odds to win the Prem, it in all likelihood would never have happened. It did. But as a standalone achievement Youri still won the cup, in a different team. legend. 

....the legend argument is pretty much subjective, so there is not a right or wrong answer in the end!!!

If we look at the comparisons of Kante, Tielemans and Mahrez and their contributions to our club, there are varying degrees of games played and means of departure away from our club.

Kante- leaving after 1 season was not a problem for me, he had a massive contribution while he was here, after having being left with our offer, the only offer on the table available to him. He came and was instrumental in our greatest triumph. He should have won player of the season and went on to win the league the next season, with another club, and finally received his recognition. I can only feel pride for those achievements.

Youri Tielemans - A couple of years of good and sometimes exceptional service, but has contrived a situation that has become chaotic and demands a resolution. It engendered a toxic atmosphere at his last club, and he has now sought to repeat the process all over again. We need a decision right now regarding his intentions, and the club needs to press him for an answer.

Mahrez- We won the League with him, but unlike Kante, I have little to no affection for Mahrez. His desperation to get out of the club and the lengths he went trough to make it happen was unprofessional and crass. He is always going to be part of the team that won the league, we cannot consign his name to the trash bin, but I would not want him to come back here, not any time soon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1