Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

Just now, Sampson said:

Football clubs spend millions on analytics because objective stats are incredibly useful. These rating systems aren’t objective stats though, they’re some guys subjective opinion on how to weight stats. A player can have a rating of 9.0 or 4.3 depending on whether someone decides number of dribbles or dribble success % is more important or if attacking or defend stats should be more important to a fullback. These aren’t objective ratings.

Ok let forget them then, In the first 12 games his average rating on Foxestalk, was 6.35 if he had carried that on for the rest of the season he would have been 3rd highest rates after Wes and KDH which back up that he was pretty good for the 1/4 quater of the season.

Just now, Sampson said:

And goal contributions aren’t the be all and end all. Because he was dropped for Barnes then kept changing games when he came into the side. It’s a weird irrelevant argument about Iheanacho anyway, doesn’t really have anything to do with Tielemans.

Why did you bring him up in the first place then :appl:lol

Just now, Sampson said:

And then we have to disagree. I think Tielemans really was pretty poor outside of 2 or 3 matches and no one other than Vardy or Maddison played well in that period. 

You forgetting Ricardo now then? lol

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the legend argument is pretty much subjective, so there is not a right or wrong answer in the end!!!

If we look at the comparisons of Kante, Tielemans and Mahrez and their contributions to our club, there are varying degrees of games played and means of departure away from our club.

Kante- leaving after 1 season was not a problem for me, he had a massive contribution while he was here, after having being left with our offer, the only offer on the table available to him. He came and was instrumental in our greatest triumph. He should have won player of the season and went on to win the league the next season, with another club, and finally received his recognition. I can only feel pride for those achievements.

Youri Tielemans - A couple of years of good and sometimes exceptional service, but has contrived a situation that has become chaotic and demands a resolution. It engendered a toxic atmosphere at his last club, and he has now sought to repeat the process all over again. We need a decision right now regarding his intentions, and the club needs to press him for an answer.

Mahrez- We won the League with him, but unlike Kante, I have little to no affection for Mahrez. His desperation to get out of the club and the lengths he went trough to make it happen was unprofessional and crass. He is always going to be part of the team that won the league, we cannot consign his name to the trash bin, but I would not want him to come back here, not any time soon.

I’m sorry but you’re filling in blanks with what you want to believe. Youri Tielemans was a very young midfielder on a Monaco side that was completely gutted of their top talent and he played in an awkward double-pivot role under Jardim that didn’t really suit him. All young players are going to have setbacks and growing pains, he had some of his at Monaco. 

Youri’s not out there creating a toxic atmosphere wherever he goes, he’s consistently described as a model professional. 

Yes, he had a poor season but, as many have said here, so did a bunch of his teammates. I was just as frustrated as everyone else. He has more miles on his legs than nearly every footballer of his age and I think he needs a bit of a rest. 

So he didn’t sign a new deal with two years on his contract and didn’t really want to discuss it during the season. So what? We’ll sort it out this window. And if nobody’s willing to pay for him now, then he knows he better damn well deliver next season. 

Edited by The_77
Grammar
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

He was one of best players in the until he got injured against Leeds away, missing 4 PL games, in the other 12 he played between the start of the season and boxing day he scored 5 and got 2 assists with an average rating of 7.28 on whoscored.

He form only really went down hill after his injury and the switch to 4-3-3 which doesn't suit him due to his lack of mobility 

You’ve clearly been watching a different player to what I’ve seen this season gone. 

35 minutes ago, dobbylcfc said:

You’ve clearly been watching a different player to what I’ve seen this season gone. 

I agree he has been poor for the majority of the season, with the exception of the first 12 games were he was one of our better players!

Guest Col city fan

Lest y’all forget…

I’ll be gutted to see Youri leave the club, I’ve loved watching him here

Still can’t believe just how readily some of you on here would see him leave.

Then again, it is FT we’re talking about

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Lest y’all forget…

I’ll be gutted to see Youri leave the club, I’ve loved watching him here

Still can’t believe just how readily some of you on here would see him leave.

Then again, it is FT we’re talking about

I doubt too many want him gone. But it’s been accepted he’s destined for bigger things. His form has been poor. But then so has many others in our team this last season. I’d rather focus on the future than hope for something that seems unlikely.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gurru991 said:

He has refused to to extend his contract & has spoken about leaving our club. 

If he doesn't want to play for Leicester City then I'm happy for him to leave.

I have enjoyed watching him but he is no longer committed to us so he needs to go. It's not complicated !!

Has be spoken about leaving our club? 

Personally haven’t seen a direct quote 

38 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Has be spoken about leaving our club? 

Personally haven’t seen a direct quote 

FT never lets facts get in the way of the truth.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One positive with the Youri situation is the World Cup in November.

If we don’t get an offer worth market value - say £30m minimum- and we decide to keep him for his final year he will be motivated to play and perform (at least up until the event). 

I still think he will go this Summer but not disastrous if he sees out his contract.

17 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree he has been poor for the majority of the season, with the exception of the first 12 games were he was one of our better players!

This is my take on Youri, when we play well, he plays well

If we’re poor he generally goes hiding.

I also think it doesn’t suit him the way we play especially against low block sides, he’s lack of pace is his downfall, I would much prefer player like him that is quicker.

45 minutes ago, dayday said:

This is my take on Youri, when we play well, he plays well

If we’re poor he generally goes hiding.

I also think it doesn’t suit him the way we play especially against low block sides, he’s lack of pace is his downfall, I would much prefer player like him that is quicker.

..If Youri is playing well,  that means we are winning our battles in other positions, and the opposition is under pressure, which gives him the freedom to operate,  without being pressed!!!

In 2017 Monaco paid £22.5m for him and we paid £40.50m in 2019. To move this on quicker and as we are going to make a big loss on this, I would take the Monaco amount.

It will be better to get players in now rather than kicking this can down the street. If the new player struggles this next coming season, he should be right on top of his game for the following campaign. 

14 minutes ago, TheReaper87 said:

Been informed he has taken his kids out of school after summer

I’m pretty sure his daughters are something like Five and Three? 

The one thing that must play on youris mind… if he stays with us, has a good start to the campaign and Belgium win the world cup…. he’ll have just about every elite club coming for him on a free. It would make more sense than signing for Arsenal now🤷‍♂️

It would be bad for us, but if he backs himself he could get all the rewards. 

even if he has a similar tournament as the euros,  he still ends up again probably to a club like arsenal anyway, as for free someone will take a punt. 

Cant see this one going full ryan fraser 

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, TheReaper87 said:

Been informed he has taken his kids out of school after summer

Whilst I don't know his long term intentions I've been told from a very reliable source that this has absolutely nothing to do with whether he stays or goes so I wouldn't read too much into this. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

The one thing that must play on youris mind… if he stays with us, has a good start to the campaign and Belgium win the world cup…. he’ll have just about every elite club coming for him on a free. It would make more sense than signing for Arsenal now🤷‍♂️

It would be bad for us, but if he backs himself he could get all the rewards. 

even if he has a similar tournament as the euros,  he still ends up again probably to a club like arsenal anyway, as for free someone will take a punt. 

Cant see this one going full ryan fraser 

Yes, I think if I was Youri, this would be how I’d look at it. 

As long as he stays fit, he makes the Belgium squad as he’s a nailed in starter for us, unless Rodgers sends him to play with the kids for not signing for a new team or a new contract. 

He can negotiate a contract with the likes of Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, Milan, Madrid or Bayern at that stage. 

It’s a much more tempting offer than playing for Arsenal or Tottenham. 

• Like 1